I'm currently on day 2 of my primal journey. I know this journey is necessary for my health, but I also know it isn't going to be easy, especially for the next few days. The reason I know this is because I'm a self-confessed chocoholic. Almost every day for the past few years I've eaten little but chocolate (usually a family block every day) and drunk little but pepsi (minimum 1 litre per day) from waking up until dinner time, then followed that with a pasta or rice dish. I was depressed which is what started this pattern, but I'm not depressed anymore and I've still been sticking to the same eating pattern. It's time for a change.

So far so good. I feel ok. Was a little hungry yesterday, but this morning I didn't have breakfast because I wasn't at all hungry. Anyway to start with, here is a rundown of my first day going primal.

I weighed in this morning at 76.2kg.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, mushrooms, spinach
Snacks: prawns
lunch: chicken breast small piece with avocado, lettuce, cabbage, carrot, radishes, and celery.
Snack: more prawns, followed later by cashews and a small piece of dark chocolate (which tasted awful).
Dinner: chicken breast fillet.

I know it was probably too much meat and too little vegies, but I read that might make the withdrawal symptoms milder, and I'm hoping :-)

I spent around 10 minutes out in the sun, did the LHT workout, but only did 10 repetitions of each as I haven't exercised for too long. Unfortunately last night my dd had a late shift at work, so I didn't get enough sleep after picking her up. I felt a bit grumpy in the afternoon and had a mild headache around then too, but otherwise felt ok. I tend to be a barefoot person anyway, so going without shoes for part of the day is normal for me.

Day 2:
I woke up and had really blurry vision for about 15 minutes before I got up. Weighed in today just out of interest and found I was down to 74.5kg. I know I haven't really lost 1.8kg in 24 hours, and it's mostly water and fibre, but it's encouraging that it wasn't higher - I'm trying to be the optimist.
I took the kids to school, then went back to bed to catch up on the sleep I'd missed out on. Dozed for an hour or two, then woke to have lunch.

Breakfast: nothing - was more tired than hungry
Snack: nothing
Lunch: bacon and eggs with prawns

This afternoon I'll probably have some cashews as a snack, then chicken and a big salad for dinner. I wont get any time out in the sun today because it's raining and overcast between showers, so I took a vitamin D3 tablet as well as my usual multi and a mega B.

During my nap this morning I kept waking up to heart palpitations. I always have problems with them when my stress levels are high as they are right now. Reducing stress is something I need to work on. Due to my epilepsy and my daughters unstable blood sugars, I'm unable to work at the moment, so finances are always difficult to manage and this week has been a big one for bills. My daughter also has some issues with depression and has just broken up with her boyfriend (she's 17), so I'm worried about her. Apart from that, my life is just very busy raising 3 kids on my own.

Will update with progress reports at least once each day. Thanks for reading.