Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caz1969's PM Journal page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Caz, that's great about the weight loss, flatter tummy and softer skin.

I'd agree the mouth taste probably goes along with the ketosis state, that's great news for fat loss. I wonder if the headache/grumpiness is going along with that too, or it could be caffeine withdrawal. Either way, I hope you get through it soon.

I love dairy too, and I still use quite a bit, not as much cheese as in the old days though, lol. Best wishes, A

Caz1969 is offline Member
    Thanks for the support Annie. I'm having a very grumpy afternoon. I've just yelled at my kids, which is something I almost never do. Ah well I just asked for more help around the house, so hopefully they'll do a bit more for a while at least. I feel like I have PMT but it isn't that, so I'm guessing it's withdrawals from something.

I'm hungry too, but hiding out in my room so I don't explode right now, so will cook the chicken breast with salad when I calm down.

I also really wanted pepsi yesterday in the afternoon or at least a drink with some sort of flavour in it. I don't drink tea or coffee because I don't like the taste, but plain water is getting boring. Today I was craving a quick carb snack at the supermarket because I was hungry, but there wasn't really anything there that wasn't a carb or poor quality food. Thinking back I should have bought some dark chocolate. It might have helped me feel a bit better without being a food I'm not supposed to be eating now.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I'm wondering if you have gone TOO low carb? I seem to remember feeling grumpy when I did that. Not hungry, but definitely grouchy. And you have lost a LOT of weight in a short time. Maybe you could add in a bit more fruit or veg - something like carrots, or some grapes on your salad, a pear, extra cauliflower. It's all primal, and as long as you don't go overboard you should still lose weight and you might feel less scratchy. Even a glass of milk might help.

Thanks Annie, I had a glass of milk and some dinner (chicken, mixed lettuce and radishes) and I do feel better. I usually have plenty of carrots in the fridge, but have run out so need to buy more tomorrow. When I picked my daughter up from dancing class she said I seemed in a much better mood. I haven't been having dairy or fruit, so you might be right when you say i've gone too low carb. It's a big change from my previous eating pattern, so I've been expecting it to take some adjustment.

Day 9 has gone well so far. I had a glass of milk this morning with my 2 eggs and some cashews and dark chocolate during the day. I'm yet to have dinner, but will be having chicken and salad tonight.

I didn't weigh in this morning. I decided doing daily weighins was a bit over the top, so will try to stick to weekly ones.

I've done the LHT workout today.

I feel quite good today and am not really as focussed on the eating plan. It's just happening without much thought today which is good. When I've been hungry I've just gone straight for the approved foods as I have enough here to choose from. I haven't had cravings today, am only a tiny bit grumpy and no headache.

Back tomorrow.

Day 10 today and I'm still waiting on that energy increase that so many say will happen on this eating plan. Last night instead of the chicken and salad I had chicken and sweet potato for something different. I really love sweet potatoes, so enjoyed the dinner. It also made a nice change from the salad I've been eating a lot of lately.

This morning I had a glass of milk around breakfast time, followed by 2 eggs and some dark chocolate. For dinner tonight I have roast beef with sweet potato again and I'll have a salad with it to increase my vegie intake for the day.

I haven't exercised yet today and have spent most of the day relaxing. Actually I've had a really lazy day, but as long as this doesn't become a habit I guess that's ok.

Will be back tomorrow with an update. I will probably do the LHT workout tomorrow and will save the sprints for my holidays on Monday.

Day 11, ate according to plan. I have a slightly sore back today so didn't work out. I think I just slept in an awkward positions, so should be back to normal tomorrow.

I've been a little more hungry today than yesterday and had a little more milk to make up for it.

Will be back tomorrow with an update.

Day 12 has gone well. I've just finished a dinner of pork belly and sweet potato. YUM!!! I wont be online for a few days as I'm going on holidays and will probably find it difficult to stick to primal foods only on the break. I have to drive non-stop for 3 hours, so have a bottle of pepsi that I can have a sip or two of if I need the caffeine to stay alert. I don't drink coffee or tea, so don't have them as fall backs. Will also weighin when I get back to see how things are going.

I did the LHT workout today.

Have a good trip, Caz.

Thanks Annie. I'm back from my break and I wasn't able to stick to primal eating :-( I don't have a fridge yet at the holiday house, and although I'd planned my meals it didn't work out. The first night was supposed to be chicken and salad, but my kids attacked the salad while I was gardening, so I came back in to find it all gone. I had chicken and a few potatoes for dinner. Breakfast one day was 2 fried eggs, but the other day was a toasted egg sandwich. Pizza was another meal and I had pepsi on 2 of the days. On the good side, I tried a piece of my favourite milk chocolate and it had the consistency of thick paste. It was disgusting. As a former chocoholic, I think it will be easy to stay on 70% dark chocolate.

So now I'm back and it's time to get back on track. I did get lots of exercise, lifted lots of heavy things (I'm renovating an old rundown house on my own), did some sprints, and a couple of cartwheels just for fun. I also got plenty of vitamin D from the sunshine (read a mild case of sunburn). I didn't really feel any different eating lots of carbs vs eating restricted carbs, but I don't think my body had fully made the switch yet before I left.

I'll weighin in the morning, but expect to have regained some of the lost weight. Dinner tonight will be chicken and either sweet potatoes or salad depending on what's in the fridge. I also have some cashews and dark chocolate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast