Thread: Obligatory introduction of a long-time lurker page

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member

Obligatory introduction of a long-time lurker

Hello gentle grokkers,

I'm finally jumping into these forums because I need some primal accountability. Most of the rest of this post is just a repeat of my first journal post so you can jump over there if you're interested!

I've been 50/50 for two years and about 50/50 low carb for several years before that. I'm a sugar addict and a (highly stressed) PhD student. I've been a lurker for so long that I know what I'm doing wrong and at this point don't think I really need hacked. What I really need is willpower.

Starting weight 190 lbs (unless my scale is 10 lbs off, which I'm beginning to think it might be).
    Dress size 14-16.
    Height 5'4"
    Age 29
    Energy middling: I often take a nap during the day.
    Hunger middling: I'm not often truly hungry. But I stress eat and addict eat. I can tell the difference between the two types of bad eating.
    Stress very high: 1 year into PhD program so this isn't going away soon. I teach 2 daytime classes and I take 3 night classes.
    Health: Surprisingly healthy and active, considering my weight and lifestyle!
    Mentality: Cockeyed optimist with a cynical critical streak

I've been reading these forums for long enough I feel like I know some of y'all so I look forward to being a participant!

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    Welcome! No time like the present to jump into the fray!
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    How do you want to be held accountable? I'm very good at telling people what to do.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Feel free to jump into my journal and tell me what to do. Mostly I use the journal to tell myself what to do... and record when I haven't done it. I'll jump into your thread and return the favor!