Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Accountability Journal - sarasue page 8

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello gentle grokkers,

This will be a 2 day update.

On the first day I was traveling so I had an avocado w/salsa before I left - big mistake. Got hungry on the road. Ended up eating a double cheeseburger (with bun) and a mocha shake and a couple handfuls of fries and a couple sips of diet Mountain Dew before reaching my parents' house!

Luckily my mom is expertly primal. Sausage and Swiss chard stuffed pumpkin w/a bit of quark cheese and Perrier for dinner.

Day 2: food making day - we're doing a primal friendly Thanksgiving! Skipped breakfast. Ate leftovers from last night, 2cups of coffee w/cream and maple syrup. Dinner: spaghetti squash w/meat tomato pepper onion homemade sauce w/quark cheese. Went back for 2nds! Perrier.

Are we ready for turkey day tomorrow?

Hello gentle grokkers,

Thanksgiving: turkey, awesome primal dressing made with egg and almond meal and chestnuts, apples, craisins, etc. Maple syrup sweetened cranberries, sweet potato, a bit of regular potato, giblets and gravy... uh, some other food I can't remember - all of it primal legal. NO ROLLS. 1 small piece of conventional brandied mince-meat pie. Piece of primal pumpkin pie. White wine, cold duck. Leftovers for dinner. Heavy on the turkey lurkey.

Black Friday: was a bust food-wise as is the day after black Friday since I drove home.

Tomorrow it's back on the wagon for me!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-25-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

if I'm back on the wagon today brunch with the girls is probably not the best way to start! At least we're going to a restaurant that serves local and organic!

Brunch: unsugared coffee w/half and half, two over easy eggs on sweet potato/pepper/onion hash surrounded by 6 fried oysters and a bit of home-pickled relish. 1 small piece of toast - I ripped off the crust. Shouldn't have even eaten the toast at all but really it was 4 bites. Didn't get around all the sweet potato "hash" but it was really good!

All day: nursed a cup of coffee w/cream.

Dinner: shaved ham, 2 eggs, white cheddar, cream, mascarpone in a skillet. I meant to undercook this mix and so promptly overcooked it which led to gritty cheese and hard eggs. So I added cream cheese - because, you know, why not?

Very filling day.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-25-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Brekkie: Coffee w/cream. Unfortunately the coffee I just bought is burnt tasting. Ugh. I'm going to have to find something to sweeten it up! Used stevia coconut sugar. Then had another and used raw honey

Lunch: 3 pieces of bacon (pieces and ends, so not whole) and baked up a cauli pizza frittata thing - which was awesome.

On my 3rd cup of coffee today. Am grading papers. Ugh. However, I did get a roast started in the crock-pot. It should be done, uh, about, 10:30 tonight - which is OK because I have night class.

Must. Get. Done. Grading.

Night class.

Late dinner: pot roast - turned out a bit dryer than usual. 3 bites of pot roast potato, 2 bites of pot roast carrot. Put the rest of the meat back in the pot - dug out the 6 more bites of potato (since it was perfectly done) and I guess I'll let it crock all night!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-26-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

back to the daily grind!

Brekkie: 1 white, 1 red, & 1 purple new potato chopped and fried up into hash browns in bacon fat and roast drippings under a barely cooked egg. Coffee, cream, raw honey. Dang fine breakfast!

I am so glad the end of the semester is almost here. The schedule I've had this semester has really messed with me. Today was a teaching day again, so no lunch till mid-afternoon. By then I've missed my hunger zone and so am tempted by sugary stuff instead.

Late lunch: 2 rice cakes with almond butter on one and coconut manna on the other, topped with a bit of jam. Coffee/Cream/Honey.

Took a nap immediately after eating the sugar.

Early dinner: Not hungry, but I'm heading into night class. So... pot-roast chili.

Night class stay-awake snack: Rice Crispies treat and a whole coke. It's been a long time since I had a whole Coke, not diet and drank the whole thing. Hmmm. I'm definitely on the sugar burn now!

Came home starving (yep. totally sugar burning) Ate a whole bag of microwave rice with microwave eggplant curry on top. Tasted great. But now it's really late and I don't feel like falling asleep - surely I will feel like crap in the morning and regret my sugar craziness.

Tomorrow I've GOT to cut the rice and not fall prey to the sugar!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-27-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

I've hit the crazy part of the semester. So much for cutting the sugar. This is a 2-day post.

Day 1 started OK with coffee/cream/honey. Then I ended up at Panera while working for lunch: 1/2 sammich, mac and cheese, frozen mocha, chocolate pastry, and I found a coupon for 3 free bagels of which I ate 1 with cream cheese before class, with a chai and cream. Went out and had a beer and a rum and coke.

Day 2 brekkie: chai tea and cream. Paid dearly for the bread I ate yesterday. Taught and halfway through was starving so I ate a can of deviled ham - straight. Early dinner/late lunch was a salmon sushi. Sparkling mineral water. Then I took a nap. Now it's 8:00 and I feel like working so may or may not eat another meal today!

Hello gentle grokkers,

it's been a few days since I posted. I'm about 9,000 words farther along in my final papers than when I last posted, however, so that's what I've been up to. I definitely notice a difference in my eating habits when I do not post. I haven't eaten a whole lot but what I have eaten has NOT BEEN GOOD. Plus because I've been sitting on the couch researching and writing my exercise is down to 0. I think the biggest problem, though, is that I made that crock-pot roast (several days ago now) that is just not tasty and it has been sitting in the fridge ever since. I feel guilty if I make anything else because I *should* be eating the roast. I even bought store-made cornbread (bad idea) to eat it with. Just ended up eating the cornbread plain with butter, of course. I should really just throw it out, but I'm poor enough to feel very very guilty doing so. I wish I had a dog I could feed it to! I also bought new coffee that is so bitter I can't drink it without sweetener like I could the other coffee. So, I'll be sweetening my coffee until it's gone.

Ah well, we'll see what happens today.

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/raw honey. I should really eat an egg because I always do better when I have an egg in the morning, but I'm just not hungry.

Late lunch: Tiny rice noodles in a sour sauce with veggies.

Night class snacks. Oi Ocha tea. Rice Krispies treat.

Snacky dinner with the girls after night class: little peppers dipped in hummus, 2 cutie clementines, some crackers and goat cheese, 2 molasses cookies, some sweet potato chips, 2 glasses red wine and a small bit of rum horchata.

Not a good eating day. Though I did stay away from fast food so I'll call that a win.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 12-04-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Brekkie: Coffee with raw honey AND eggnog. It's going to be a sugared up kind of day again. I am firmly off the low sugar wagon and onto the sugar roller coaster. I'm going to be better about staying away from the wheat products today, though. What I ate last night is really messing up my tummy this morning.

Hello gentle grokkers,

ugh. I am thoroughly off the wagon, thoroughly stressed, and thoroughly feeling awful. I don't know why I start eating stupid things when I am under end-of-the-semester stress. It just compounds.

My posts are only containing breakfast because I get so busy later on in the day and then crash at night. 1 more week. Then I'll be back to semi-sanity.

Brekkie: 1 scrambled egg with sour cream. Tea w/eggnog.

Taught. Felt alternatively sick to my stomach and ravenous.

Late lunch: Ravenous. Grabbed a Little Ceasar's hot and ready breadsticks and pepperonni pizza. Ate the entire breadsticks and 2 pieces of pizza.

Skipped dinner. Sat on couch all afternoon and evening working on a paper. Feel like crapola.

Riding the rollarcoaster over here. Don't mind me.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 12-06-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

must survive a Christmas Party and eating dinner out with friends today. Determined to be better than I was yesterday because I CANNOT believe I bought an entire Little Ceasar's pizza. I am just not thinking logically when it comes to food at all. I'm a single gal, I've NEVER been able to come close to eating a whole pizza! I purposefully left it out on the counter all night so that I have a reason to throw it away today.

Brekkie: Coffee w/nog.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast