Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Accountability Journal - sarasue page 6

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello gentle grokkers,

why oh why does my cat insist on getting me up at 8:00 no matter what? I'm down 2 hours of sleep, I'm drinking coffee, I'm going to go back to bed in half an hour!

Took a nap. It was rather difficult since I had just drank that coffee. Duh, oops. But I did get some rest and woke up hungry!

Lunch: almost 1/2 pound ground beef taco spiced w/ hearts of romaine, 1/2 avocado, salsa, sour cream. I'm headed to campus to do work (I know, work on a Sunday) and am determined to wait to eat until I get back home!

Worked all afternoon but got my work done! I was working with a group and at one point it was decided that we all go to the coffeeshop. I managed not to have anything too bad - whole steamed milk with honey. It truly hit the spot! Pretty sugary and kicked me out of ketosis - I'm now kinda hungry for dinner (which should be awesome, gouda chicken!) but compared to what I usually have at the coffeeshop, and considering everyone else in my group got syrupy drinks with pastries... I'd say not bad! Also, I found out they charge more for the "honey syrup" that they put in a "steamer" than they do for real honey in "steamed milk"! By almost a dollar! Madness!

Dinner: 2 chicken thighs w/gouda stuffed inside coated w/ coconut oil and liberally sprinkled w/jerk seasoning. Oh my, yes!

2 pieces dark chocolate with almonds. Perrier.

Supplement count: L-Glutamine, Vit D/C/Calcium, Cod liver oil, selenium, chromium, magnesium.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-28-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

last night I finally figured out how to drop the black blinds in my bedroom without my kitty breaking through them so that it gets completely dark with no damage! Kitty let me sleep till 8:30.

Woke up not hungry. Does this mean I'm back in ketosis?
    Brekkie: tea w/cream

Headed to campus. I would walk or bike today because I actually have the time to do so ! but it's cold and looks like it's going to rain

Here's a fish that almost made fire trucks come to my apartment...
    burnt fish.jpg
    Lunch: Wild salmon topped with goat cheese/sour cream mix and walnuts. Fried to a blackened crisp in coconut oil.

Note to friers out there - goat cheese and smoking coconut oil are not friends.

Took a nap - because I can.

Dinner: A study in compromise. I went to Carlos O'Kelley's because my apartment smells like burnt fish. That probably wasn't the wisest choice in restaurant. Had the steak picada, which all things considered is pretty primal. Ate it with both kinds of rice, which I didn't technically have to have... and a bowl of chips, which I def. didn't need to have. However I had it with a diet pepsi instead of a margarita, which is a compromise on several levels.

Damage from night class: 2 chips with spinach dip, 3 1-inch cube sized shortbread cookies. Diet coke. Not bad. I'm definitely seeing the sweet kick back in with sugar cravings even though I'm so full I feel kind of sick.

9 hours after almost burning down my kitchen, my apartment still smells like burnt fish. Turned on the heater just to replace the smell with burnt dust instead.

Supplement count: L-Glutamine, Vit D/C/Calcium, Cod liver oil, chromium, magnesium.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-30-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

today will be a high protein day!

Brekkie: Coffee w/cream, scrambled egg w/cream and 1/2 an avocado, thus:
    eggs&avocado.jpg

Taught.
    Hit the meat jackpot at my co-op!

Late, late, late lunch: Turkey thigh w/rosemary in butter, thus:
    fried turkey thigh.jpg

Put a pork butt in the crockpot seasoned w/tandoori thus:
    tandoori pork.jpg

Doing happy meat dance!

Pre-class snack: coffee/cream, 8 almond rice crackers w/ cheddar ale mustard cheese.

Went to class. Not at all hungry during class.

Came home. Had leftover coffee from late lunch and added more cream and brown sugar to it (bad).

Supplements: Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Vit. C

Gained a pound today. Why?
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-31-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

not hungry today.

Brekkie: Tea w/cream.

Lunch: pork roast w/garlic lentil rice. Almost immediate and very strong sugar cravings. Ugh, my body sucks.

I might have to go get a small shake or something to feed the sugar monster and make it through night class!

Damage: 1 bowl of instant mac and cheese in my office before class, 2 bottles of chocolate milk, 1 chocolate cookie.

Damage after night class: Taco Bell - 1 burrito, 1 taco, 1 limeade.

Ugh. What is wrong with me?

Well, I wasn't happy with some news I got about my academic performance, I'm probably PMSing, and here's what I had the willpower to NOT EAT but really wanted to today: 1 DQ frozen hot chocolate, a burger and fries, a piece of Halloween cake, Halloween candy, Halloween pumpkin cake, another cookie. So, I guess I wasn't as bad as I could have been and probably shouldn't beat myself up too bad.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-31-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

well, yesterday I derailed any weight loss before it hardly even started. Today I must hop back on the wagon.

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream, over/easy egg on 2 shallots.

Posting this from class now - is that bad? Students are working happily. Brekkie did NOT last me as long as I'd have liked - it's 1:30 and my tumbly is rumbly. Luckily I brought a bunch of decently primal food to my office last night. I'm staying on campus today and working most of the afternoon so I doubt I'll get out for late lunch. Dunno what I'll do for dinner.

Going to a play tonight!

Ended up eating vegetable stew for late lunch and then no dinner. Straight-up pork roast at 11:00 when I came home before bed.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-01-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Brekkie: Coffee w/cocoa powder and cream. Frozen egg veggie souffle.

Zumba class! Yay! I really needed that.

Lunch: A lesson in new foods. Ground beef liver (which I have had before - I recognize the taste - but have never made for myself) with ground beef and mushrooms and canned tomatoes with Spaghetti seasoning over quark cheese (which I really have never had before - I think I prefer it to ricotta though!) topped with parm. That makes an excellent spaghetti sub - totally primal and totally filling!

I am working myself up to eating the beef liver with bacon and onions - but liver is so chewy!

I have a party tonight and there will be lots of food. Luckily the birthday girl is Serbian and she eats a very similar diet as I do - still I expect lots of sugar in impulse reach!

Damage from the party: several kettle potato chips with guac. 3 blue corn chips with guac. 6 homemade potato wedges, roasted red pepper salad, coleslaw, small portion of egg casserole that had veggies and soaked faro in it, pork loin, sweet pickles, sausage, a piece of ice cream cake, several junior mints, 2 glasses of white wine, 1 glass of champagne.

Eh, not bad for a party!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-03-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Still feeling the effects of the party (probably that cake) on my tummy this morning.

Brekkie: Coffee/cream.

Late lunch: leftover pork roast, leftover ground beef, leftover rice and lentils, leftover 1/2 avocado, leftover taco bell mild sauce.

Took a nap.

Had a coconut kefir.

Dinner at a friend's house - we're watching V-for-Vendetta early this year! Damage: 2 pork roast leftovers, red pepper leftovers, pasta salad leftovers from the party last night, 1 fun size kit kat, 1 fun size crunch bar, 1 orange juice w/sherbet, 1 baily's.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-03-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

I MUST GET OFF THE SUGAR! This seems to be the wrong time of year to do so, but still. I'm not losing anything - inches, pounds, whatever. I carry a calorie deficit almost every day so it's got to be the sugar still tripping me up. It sucks because I know I'm at or under 100 carbs most days. I know I really need to be around 30 carbs a day to lose though because that's the only thing that has worked for me in the past Eventually I'll do Whole 30 and eliminate dairy for awhile, but right now dairy's my crutch. Let's get through Christmas. Then I'll think about Whole 30.

Brekkie: Coffee w/Cream

I'm thinking about implementing a tummy rumble protocol. That is, I'm not allowed to eat anything of substance until my tummy literally growls. Problem is, for example, today it's late-lunch time, I only had coffee/cream for breakfast and my tummy still has not rumbled. And yet the longer I wait the more likely my willpower will deplete. I'll have to play with this delicate balance.

Late lunch: Leftover liver/beef tomato shroom spag sauce on quark cheese topped w/parm.

Dinner: Sushi and chocolate. I'm ruing the end of the weekend.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-04-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Can definitely tell my body was running on sugar after sushi and chocolate last night. I woke up with my tummy literally growling in the middle of the night. I ignored it and went back to sleep. Woke up again when I needed to get up with my tummy still growling.

Went on a 3 mile walk with a friend, fasted.

Late brekkie: 2 eggs over easy on quark cheese, coffee and cream.

Took a nap. Tummy has been talking all day, even after I ate. I don't feel sick or anything though. What is going on?

Late lunch: last of the liver spag w/ last of the quark cheese.

Headed to campus and will stay there through night class... dinner may be interesting!

Dinner: A can of deviled ham and chai green/black tea w/honey and bit of powdered milk.

Damage from night class: 1/2 a slice of homemade bread with enough butter on it to get me strange looks, a small slice of cake, a cup of coffee w/ half and half and 1 raw sugar packet.

Here come the cravings, 10:00! Literally. Doing the right thing and taking care of cravings by making faux hamburger helper. Ground beef, onion, sour cream, goat cheese, cheddar, heavy cream. Turned out kind of like a stew. I'm going to eat it until I'm full.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-05-2012 at 08:22 PM.

PrimalCon New York
    Hello gentle grokkers,

busy busy day today.

Brekkie: Coffee/cream - unfinished.
    Taught.
    Late lunch: large bowl of butternut squash soup.
    Early dinner: wackadoodle quinoa mixture from a bag. Ingredients: quinoa, coconut cream, banana, cinnamon. Super sweet, probably too many carbs.

Which led to...

Election night bar food: 2 lamb burger sliders (w/bun), a cup of potato salad, an Irish coffee. Could have been better if I'd taken the bun off the lamb sliders...
    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-07-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast