Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Accountability Journal - sarasue page 5

Diogenes is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    It toasts worse than the stuff I made. It's chewy. Its flavor is... well, like an egg white that has fiber in it. Bland, cardboardy flavor. I'm not a fan.
    It wouldn't toast.

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Hello gentle grokkers,

Last 2 days have been a carb festival.
    Now I feel horrible. Not sleeping well, wacky nightmares, not awake during the day, doing stupid things, major cravings, headaches, hunger, etc.
    Funny how that works!

Hehe Diogenes - you don't know how appropriate that clip was!

Brekkie: coffee/cream/raw honey (was getting too crazy on the syrup). 2 frozen pumpkin pancakes.
    Taught.
    Late lunch: Spinach saag with chickpeas on the last of the leftover rice and brussel sprouts (that stuff lasted forever!)

Then, the garage door spring sprung. Apartment manager says my car's stuck inside until tomorrow morning. OK then. Quiet evening at home it is!

Supper (eaten only 3 hours after late lunch): Leftover saag with some chickpeas on a can of high quality wild salmon. This was surprisingly good!

Several (too many) pieces of dark chocolate with almonds. Last of the fake chocolate milk.

What I really need is to detox with strict 0 carb whole fooding, but I know the time and mental attention that takes and it's not going to happen any time soon. I'll continue stumbling along.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-19-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Today I woke up not hungry. So:
    Brekkie: coffee/cream/raw honey

I'm making a roast for late lunch and/or dinner. Who knows when it will be done! I tend to do such things by ear. I put a whole yellow bell pepper, a small onion, 5 cloves of garlic and more than a cup (the last of the bottle) of cheap sweet red wine in with it. I have no idea how this is going to taste. It may need tomato at some point. I'll decide later.

It's a grey and cold day outside. My car is still stuck in the garage. I guess I'll be working from home today!

Well, I reaped the consequences of not eating breakfast.
    Lunch: out with a friend - Arby's. Ouch.
    2nd Lunch: Wallyworld sushi. - Notice how I was still hungry even after eating a big sandwich AND shake from Arby's - tells ya how nutritious it wasn't, I guess.

Took a nap - because I hurt myself eating.

Dinner: Not hungry for dinner (surprise, surprise). Crock-pot roast (about a deck of cards worth), a whole bottle of Perrier, another cup of coffee w/cream, a couple bites of onion and pepper from the crock-pot, some dark chocolate with almonds.

And now I am up much too late because I slept much too long this afternoon, didn't get my work done, and am still riding the sugar coaster.

*sigh*
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-19-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

got my 8 hours by sleeping through breakfast.
    Brekkie: Coffee/Cream (no sugar)

I dreamed about smothering my leftover pot roast in red enchilada sauce. SO I think that's what I'll do for early lunch!

Make that a late lunch. The pot roast is MUCH better tasting with the enchilada sauce. I think I overcooked it while I pigged out on Arby's and sushi yesterday.

Late lunch: leftover pot roast (about 3 tablespoons), red enchilada sauce (about a tablespoon), cream cheese (about a tablespoon), wrapped up in a small low-carb wrap. Wrap was a compromise and not that good. I think I'll just eat the pot roast and cream cheese straight from now on. Leftover Coffee/Cream. Then another 3 tablespoons of pot roast on 2 tablespoons warm cream cheese. No wrap this time.

I'm headed to a friends' for a craft-filled afternoon. Here's hoping it won't also be a sugar-filled afternoon!

Back from craft party. Damage: 1 orange juice-based punch w/sherbet. 1 small pumpkin pie piece. 1 apple with caramel dipping sauce. Lots of sugar but not as bad as it could have been. Plus, there were crafts! And a baby

Had a full flight of supplements: Calcium/Vit D/Vit C, Magnesium, Fish Oil, Chromium, L-Glutamine. We'll see if doing this helps keep the stupid sugars at bay.

Dinner: broth from pot roast = good! 2 Ciabatta buns as a butter-delivery device = bad. And I paid for it.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-21-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

well, the good news is that I've successfully nixed sugar from my morning coffee. YAY! I've done this before. I need to keep it this way. The bad news is that I woke up sore even though I've done basically no exercise for the last 2 days. Uhoh.

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream. Sweet potato hash and 2 over easy eggs fried up in coconut oil. I love the smell of coconut oil fried sweet potatoes! The "over" and "easy" aspect of this dish didn't go so well - which is why you're seeing the "before" shot!
    sweet potato eggs.jpg

Late lunch: 1/2 cup of coffee, cream, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and a tablespoon of raw honey. I'm counting this as a sweet. I'm trying to lotion myself up from the inside today - lots of dry skin lately!

Also, my friend dropped off my half of the CSA box and in it was this.
    big radish.jpg
    What's a single gal to do with a daikon like that?

Now these I know what to do with!
    peppers2.jpg
    Cream cheese pepper eggs for breakfast next week! YAY!

2nd late lunch: Perfectly primal Tomato, Red Pepper, & Gouda soup which I promptly ruined by dipping in a ciabatta bun. I blame the honey in the coffee during 1st lunch.

Roasted up beets and a surprise! turnip that I thought was a beet. Then I fried some of them up for chips. They were so pretty! I love beets.

Supper: Roasted beets and turnip dipped in goat cheese sour cream. Stuffed myself on probably 2 medium beets worth of beet 1/4 of a turnip, and 3/4 cup of dip. Like, totally stuffed.

10:00 snack: 90% Lindt chocolate piece melted with raw honey mixed into heavy cream and 3 ice cubes. Yummmmmm.

1 a.m.: Up with acid reflux. The stupid thing is that I figured out last winter that the chocolate/honey/cream mix gives me acid reflux. I had forgotten. Probably because this is not a drink I make in the summer. It will now not be a drink I make at all... unless I "forget" again. Am now drinking Perrier.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-21-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

woke up feeling not-so-hot. However, I did get about 7.5 hours of sleep. So that's good. I don't know why I didn't feel good, could be a variety of things. Not hungry at all, so I went on a walk fasted. About 3 miles at a wandering pace.

Ate a glass of kefir, broth, and a ciabatta bun for lunch. I expect the bun is not helping my ucky feeling, but it helps me get the broth down. I need to find a primal replacement for "dipping" bread. Paleo bread doesn't hold any liquid!

I think I'm going to take a nap before night class tonight.

Took nap.

Successfully made my supper: cream cheese on the bottom, leftover roast w/enchilada sauce on top and took it with me to class. Ate it with a bottle of Perrier.

Major headache ever since taking the nap. What did I do to myself whilst asleep! As a result, though, no hunger today.

Supplement count: L-Glutamine, Choline, Calcium/Vit D/Vit C, Fish Oil, Ibuprofin! Taken with unsweetened tea.

Was getting ready for bed when the Ibuprofin kicked in and immediately hunger kicked in as well. So I caved and got a small sprouted corn tortilla fried in butter and dipped in 2 tablespoons of salsa.

My gut is still unhappy from the ciabatta buns of the last couple days. It's kind of nice when there's that easy 1:1 connection. Only 1 more and then I'm done with them, though. I'm too poor to waste food at this point. My next test on myself will be more of those sprouted corn tortillas. No gluten so we'll see if that's the issue.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-22-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

yesterday was a coffee/cream followed by horrible day. Got hungry between teaching classes. Had exactly 20 minutes to buy, microwave, and scarf down a small frozen alfredo and noodles and broccoli meal. In the scheme of things this wasn't too bad - except it triggered carb cravings later in the day and led to supper at Panera. Now, there are decently primal things to eat at Panera, but when I go to Panera I don't tend to order them. Oh well, at least my sammich had steak on it! Also, I was not hungry during night class, only thirsty. So, damage from night class was only a glass of powdered milk (ewww) with honey in it (to make it palatable).

Today Brekkie: Yellow roasted, peeled bell pepper with cream cheese and a steamed egg. This was so pretty and I was going to take a picture - and then I broke the yoke and tore through the middle of the pepper getting it out of the pan! Oh well. Still tasted good. English tea w/cream.

Today I'm determined to be better than yesterday.

Lunch: tacos.jpg

Oddly enough, this is an on-plan lunch! You see, I think I may have figured out a way to trick myself into getting home for nearly every meal and thus eating closer to primally than I have been. Today I am "testing" to see how sprouted corn tortillas affect my system. Now, this will only work if I eat cleanly for a couple of days except for the tortillas!

We'll see how it works...

Took a very short nap. 20 minutes.

No dinner: not hungry after late taco lunch.

Damage from night class: 1 brownie and 1/2 a diet coke.

Damage from celebrating turning in an important portfolio for my program during pint night: 1 jack and coke and 1 vanilla porter. I feel great! At midnight!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-24-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers:

It stormed last night so I didn't sleep very well. It's still raining!

Brekkie: Goat Cheese Beef Stroganof - 1/3 pound ground beef that I fried up in coconut oil a pound of this morning, mixed with garlic, onion which were simmered in the ground beef juice, leftover sour cream/goat cheese, a bit of leftover roast broth because my pan got too dry. I love stroganof for breakfast when it starts getting cold out! English tea w/cream.
    Plus, this breakfast has to last me longer than Tuesday's non-breakfast did! There will be no buying a frozen meal from a snack machine today!

Wow. It's now 3 in the afternoon and I am still not hungry! Shall I force some food or shall I take a nap? It's gotten really cold and a nap sounds just wonderful!

Managed not to take a nap. 1/2 an avocado, salsa, and the last of the plantain chips mixed with the last of the sprouted blue corn chips for a snack.

Acorn squash in the crock-pot for dinner!

Supplement count: L-Glutamine, Choline, Calcium/Vit D/Vit C, Fish oil.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-26-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

had a perfect eating day yesterday - of course I also was not out and about on the town! I wonder if I can stay on plan today?

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream. 2 egg w/large orange roasted pepper, cream cheese.

My egg is escaping! egg escape.jpg

Totally skipped lunch. Wasn't hungry at all. I feel good today and am getting a lot of schoolwork done!

Damage from 2 hr. meeting at a coffeeshop: Nursed a 16 oz. chai latte. Had 3 little pita points with a schmear of hummus, 1 carrot stick with another schmear. Not bad!

Dinner: Not hungry. Will probably end up eating taco fixings eventually. Waiting for the sugar withdrawal to kick in tonight. I'm kind of scared. Hope it won't happen. Changed clothes so that I'm not allowed to go outside my apartment tonight to buy bad food.

Carb cravings hit about 9:00. Luckily I was craving mac and cheese and had some cauliflower from my CSA in my fridge!

Late, late dinner: Faux cauli mac and cheese - the Alton Brown kind that uses an egg and some hot sauce in the roux. Boiled the cauliflower. Had smoked cheddar on hand too. Not bad for a carb craving dinner! To drink: unsweetened ice tea.

Reflections: Well, with this semester's wackadoodle schedule I seem to want to eat a late lunch and late dinner. That's fine, but now I'm up at 12:30 at night, again. Little cat likes to wake me promptly at 7:30 so I just barely get in 7 hours and I really need 8 at least, which leads to a nap, which leads to another late dinner... Huh. I guess I'll just have to tough it out until the semester's over.

In good news: I've lost 3 pounds! Probably water weight, but still a step in the right direction and a reward for being fairly good for the last 3 days and a reminder that, yes, my body really does like eating like this!

Supplement count: L-Glutamine, Choline, Calcium/Vit D/Vit C, Fish oil.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-26-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello gentle grokkers,

Had too much tea last night and had trouble getting to sleep. Lil cat woke me at 8. I'll be taking a nap today I think!

Brekkie: 2 frozen pumpkin pancakes. Lotsa buttah. Tea w/cream.

Mmmhmmm, after breakfast I laid down to read and slept through lunch! Now I'm not hungry, so I'd say I'm definitely in ketosis. The salad on Mark's column today looks absolutely scrumptuous, but I think it's the olives my taste buds want.

Therefore, late lunch: 2 pickles.

I have a Halloween party tonight! I wonder if I can avoid the sugar?

Early dinner: 4 green olives stuffed w/ cheddar. 1/2 cup leftover enchilada crockpot beef under 1 cup leftover cauliflower mac. Overheated the mac and so curdled the egg in there so dinner looks pretty disgusting. Tastes good though!

Damage from Halloween party: 1 bottle pumpkin ale, 1 cup of punch, 1 cookie, a couple pieces of cracker w/cheese, a couple cherry tomatoes w/hummus. Not half bad! Avoided cheesecake, brownies, mini eggrolls, mini tacos, etc.

It definitely threw me out of ketosis - I craved taco bell and other various fast foods on my way home. Avoided temptation and when I got home ate the rest of my smoked cheddar cheese.

Stayed up till 2:30 again though :P
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-28-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast