Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Accountability Journal - sarasue page 4

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello gentle grokkers,

It's coooold! I moved my patio plants inside because it's supposed to freeze tonight! Actually, I think it froze last night.

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/Maple syrup. Egg on whipped cream cheese on roasted pepper on butter on a skillet. Yum!

Took a nap. Because I can

Late lunch/early dinner: Last of my canned refried beans (2 Tblsp), cheddar, sour cream, a whole avocado, chunky salsa. Eaten on plantain chips. I'm stuffed.

Hopefully that will hold me through tonight. I'm going out with friends to see a play!

Unfortunately, it didn't hold me. 10:30 Hunger: Taco Bell burrito supreme, taco supreme, and a mango fruitista freeze.

Fail. I don't think I ate enough calories during the day and that resulted in the evening hunger. Plus I drove by Taco Bell on the way home and I was really cold so the burrito looked great. I need to stop driving home that way.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-07-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Diogenes is offline Member
    Hi sarasue! Love your food pics, keep 'em coming.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Hey Diogenes, thanks for stopping by! I'll post pics when I have pretty food

This morning I'm not hungry. My gut is also paying for last night's Taco Bell. Ugh. Duh.
    Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/Maple Syrup. .25 quart of kefir.

Late lunch: leftover beet green curry w/ purple potato and ginger rice (rice from a microwave bag w/sunflower oil. Oh well.)
    beet green curry.jpg

Dinner: Pork sausage spaghetti sauce on special low-carb noodles. The noodles aren't primal, but my dish is mainly sauce and meat!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-07-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

so yesterday was another bad day. I spent from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on campus, did not pack food in with me, and had an amazing paucity of items that could be easily taken to my office with me. I didn't eat much, but what I did eat was carb heavy Luckily, I have a happy British friend who made me unsweetened Brit black tea with milk to drink during my night class, so the damage from night class wasn't too bad. Today I am back on the wagon.

I'm going on a 3 mile walk with a friend in 1/2 an hour, but went ahead and ate some breakfast first - woke up hungry, which is not surprising considering all I had in my tummy were carbs!

Brekkie: 1 egg over easy in butter. Coffee/Cream/a bit of maple syrup. 1/2 a bottle of Perrier.

We won't talk about what happened the rest of this day. I was on campus all day when I didn't intend to be and my "back on the wagon-ness" fell apart.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-11-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

I'm tired this morning. Also I'm up 2 pounds after the last couple days of saying yes to grains and sugar.

Brekkie: Creamed beef on an over easy egg. Coffee/Cream/maple syrup.

Taught.

Late lunch: Roast beef with au jus. Low carb chocolate milk.

Took a nap.
    Picked up my CSA box - we got Brussels sprouts!
    AquaVortex!

Late dinner: Went to a Korean restaurant with a friend. Had the stone bowl bibimbap. It's soooo good. Obviously high quality ingredients. Rice, gelatin, cooked greens, carrots, shrooms, mystery veggie, pork pieces, almost raw fried egg, a bit of sriracha sauce on top. Korean corny tea. 1 piece of dark chocolate with almonds.

9:00 snack: low carb chocolate milk and a piece of dark chocolate almond.

It's amazing how just one day of good food and exercise makes me feel sooo much better.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-12-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

I had a good day yesterday. I want another day today!

Brekkie: Coffee/cream/maple syrup. I'm making pumpkin pancakes - 1, 15 oz can of pumpkin, 3 eggs, 1/4 cup almond butter, the rest of my pumpkin pie spice, berries. I'm frying up a pancake for breakfast and baking 8 more to freeze for breakfasts or lunches next week! It's fall!
    pancake w.berries.jpg
    It tasted just as good as it looks!

My oven/freezer pancakes turned out looking more like footballs. They rose and then fell.
    pancakes.jpg

Made it to Zumba class!

Late lunch: Random scramble including - 1/2 onion fried in butter and leftover roast beef gelatin, 1 egg scrambled in that, leftover shredded roast beef, 1/2 a tomato, 1 kohlrabi leaf I had lying around. A bit of Korean sweet and spicy on top. Looks like a mess, but tastes great!

Made the mistake of taking a nap without an alarm. I slept for 3 hours! And when I woke the sun had gone away I used to tell myself that if I slept that much then obviously I needed the sleep. However, now I'm not so sure. I can pretty much sleep on command. Maybe this should be a question I take to the forums.

Dinner: Fake chocolate milk. Braised lamb shoulder chops with morraccan simmer sauce, onion, red pepper, kohrabi, garlic. Served on brussel sprouts with rice.
    Lamb.jpg
    It's been a good day for cooking!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-12-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

today it's finally raining! Yeah! I woke up every 3 hrs or so last night so slept until 10:30 this morning.

Brekkie: slept through it.
    Lunch: Lamb/rice leftovers from last night. Coffee/maple syrup/cream.

Took a nap - meant to sleep for only an hour or less, but slept for 2 hours instead.

Dinner with friends: I made a primal Caesar salad, which went over with the friends quite well! Unfortunately, with my salad I also had 2 small slices of pizza and 2 chocolate chip cookies and a diet mt. dew.

Sure enough, 4 hours later, I'm craving mac and cheese - got a gluten free rice-based mac and cheese frozen meal (Amy's) that isn't primal, but is one step up from what I could have had. Am also eating almond macaroons and a rice-based cookie. Fake chocolate milk. Amazing how one little deviation causes 0 willpower and hunger.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-13-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

I'm not hungry this morning - no surprise after the fourth-meal I chowed down at 10:30 last night.

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/Syrup

Was semi-productive this morning. Also, I watched a crazy guy fly from the sky.

Late lunch: roasted red pepper, roasted eggplant, garlic, onion dip on leftover brussel sprout rice.

Cleaned my apartment! Tried to take a nap, but the kitty-cat symied me.

Late dinner: Fake noodles with leftover dip from lunch mixed with a tomato and some Italian seasoning and parm. Perrier. Coconut macaroons, dark chocolate bark with almonds.

Even though I didn't get a nap today I still didn't feel tired until 1 a.m. My sleep schedule is either really messed up, my body is reacting to the fact that I had a late dinner, or all the carbs I ate to day had me buzzing.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-15-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

didn't get the lake walk in with a friend today. I'm trying to decide whether to go hang out at a coffeeshop so I get all my reading done or stay home, do laundry, read, and eat healthier.

I'm going to make the healthy decision!

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/Maple syrup. 4 bacon slices! Egg in a hole in Paleo Bread - yup this is the same brand of bread that caused all the controversy. I'm a curious kitten so I'm trying it. This is my first slice. Ingredients: Almonds, egg whites, ACV, psyllum. Not excited about the psyllum but I suppose at worst it will clean me out!

Update on paleo bread: the stuff is a sponge. This is the issue I had a couple months ago when I made almond egg bread for myself. I dunno why I thought buying it would make it better! It toasts worse than the stuff I made. It's chewy. Its flavor is... well, like an egg white that has fiber in it. Bland, cardboardy flavor. I'm not a fan.

Lunch: I've been very productive all morning and I just looked up at the clock and suddenly it's 2. GAH! I worked through lunch That's what 4 pieces of bacon and an egg for Brekkie does to me. If I ate dinner like normal people I'd just wait until dinner. But NOOOOOO, I have night class tonight. So now I face a decision. Do I eat now, do I wait 2 hours and eat then, do I eat at both times? Last time I skipped a meal on a night class day it had disastrous results at 10:30 after night class. Grrrr. I'm kinda hungry but I could wait... I don't know what to do!

Lunch take 2: I decided to eat! Yay! And I'm glad I did because this is the silliest meal I've made in awhile and it was scrumptious and easy and will become a new favorite. Here's a pic:
    turegg2.jpg
    It's an egg in a hole! And this one is much better than the one I made for breakfast. I took 3 slices of good turkey lunchmeat, cut the hole, dropped it on leftover bacon fat in the skillet from this morning, dropped in my egg. Tah dah! I don't have kids, but this is an excellent kid-friendly dish. It's bland with ingredients they know. It's also an excellent sarasue dish - because I'm more like a kid than not. I ate the "holes" with the last of my jarred artichoke tomato tapenade. It was a great lunch.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-15-2012 at 12:47 PM.

socoolnanny is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I like this! Unfortunately my grandson (3) doesn't like eggs or this would be on the menu everytime I look after him

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast