Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accountability Journal - sarasue page 3

lowcarbjas is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes! I managed to make my pics smaller thank you!

I used to eat way more carbs than I do now & every time I'd diet, I'd have a massive sugar binge every single weekend.
    Now, I don't crave bread/rice/cakes.....unless I have something sugary, like dates. So, don't worry about the re-laspes - it will get better.

Recently, I've been having a piece or 2 of dark chocolate everyday. It's a total crutch coz I can't let go of it. So I decided to start a whole30 from October (no tea/dark choco/red wine/dairy....eeek!) and take it one day at a time.
    Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
    Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowcarbjas View Post
    Recently, I've been having a piece or 2 of dark chocolate everyday. It's a total crutch coz I can't let go of it. So I decided to start a whole30 from October (no tea/dark choco/red wine/dairy....eeek!) and take it one day at a time.
    You know, if you are eating the dark chocolate for the sugar instead of the caffeine, it is possible to wean yourself up to eating pure 100% baking chocolate w/o the sugar. I got to that point about a year and a half ago. If you're eating the chocolate for the caffeine, well, I have no solutions for that! I think I eat chocolate for the fat. I definitely crave a 90% or so when I have to have a piece.

Good luck on the whole 30! I'd like to do that sometime when I'm under less life-stress than I am now.

Hello gentle grokkers,

I was up until about 2 last night not being productive (dang carbs) but then I slept until about 10 this morning! (Yay!) Today's going to be one of those days I'm low on meat and high on sugar.

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/Maple Syrup

Planned: An ice cream break with friends around 1. A birthday party potluck with vegetarians and a pub crawl afterwards. Maybe I'll sneak a steak or a piece of chicken skin in there somewhere!

I'm headed outside to go on a walk with my cat (Yep, I'm that type of girl who walks her cat on a leash occasionally.) Maybe then I'll get some work done today... or not.

Hello gentle grokkers,

What happened last night... well, yesterday at 3 p.m. I was down 3 pounds. Today at 10 a.m. I am back to starting weight. And that should tell you what happened at the birthday potluck and pub crawl... oh well. It was fun, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, didn't do anything stupid and only have a slight headache this morning.

Late Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/Maple Syrup.

Lunch: leftover butter chicken, homemade kale coconut curry over paneer, a bit of rice, Perrier.
    indian.jpg
    This pic really doesn't do justice to the vibrancy of my Kale curry. It's an almost neon green!

Took a much needed nap after being quite productive in my studies.

Had another cup of coffee/cream/maple syrup.

Dinner: chocolate syrup made from 90% and 100% chocolate bar pieces with leftover fresh fruit salad mixed in it. Warm goat cheese topped with blueberry preserve with Almond/Rice crackers. Yup. I'm back to fighting the sugar demon.

Midnight snack: grass fed jerky stick! A bottle of Perrier. Why am I up watching Jenna Marbles YouTube vids until after midnight?
    Last edited by sarasue624; 09-29-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Brekkie: Coffee/cream/maple syrup. Berries w/mix of coconut cream and dairy cream a bit of maple syrup.

Went back to bed after breakfast - all that sugar did not treat me well! Woke again at noon.

Late lunch: New York strip steak fried in butter and taco seasoning topped with a whole avocado and three Tblsp of local salsa! Oi Ocha.

Late dinner: 2 bratwursts (made locally with real ingredients!) 1/2 can of sauerkraut all fried in butter. Perrier.

Did well today!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-01-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

3 mile walk around lake with a friend, fasted.

Brekkie: 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, 2 purple potatoes fried in bacon fat. Coffee/cream/maple syrup.

Was going to be sooo productive today. And then the cat asked me to sit down with her. And then the cat asked me to lay down with her. And then the cat wanted me to take a nap with her. And then it was 3:30.

Early dinner: About a cup of white rice, leftover butter chicken, another Coffee/cream/maple syrup.

Damage from night class: 1/2 a cranberry muffin (small), 2 cups of coffee with fake creamer and HFCS :P

I've been highly caffeinated today. I don't think I'm addicted to caffeine itself, I think I just like the taste. Maybe over Christmas break I'll cut the coffee, but I can't do that right now and survive the semester.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-01-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Woke up AWAKE this morning!

Brekkie:Coffee/Cream/Maple syrup. Egg in a cloud (steamed egg on cream cheese on a roasted red pepper warmed in bacon fat). I'm determined to hit ketosis today. Lost a pound yesterday, despite the potato, muffin, and sugars in my coffees!

Late lunch: Stress for midterm tonight hit. Went to Carlos O'Kelly's to study. Had a mango margarita, a chicken suiza enchilada (lunch size, at least), mexican rice, lots of chips with CCQ and salsa. Then I had to take a nap.

Damage from night class: Midterm tonight. To get myself pumped up (and because I was on a sugar binge from lunch) I had a McDonald's mocha frape. Caught flak about it from a friend.

Sugar hiiiiiiiigh!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-03-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

been a couple days since I posted because the sugar demon hit as my stress level rose which resulted in this weird funk where I didn't eat much, but what I did eat was a meal like a can of sardines, a candy bar, and a diet coke.

Not good.

But now it's Friday and I feel human again.
    Brekkie: A half glass of unsweetened kefir.
    Late lunch: leftover white rice, beet greens, and purple potatoes in a curry sauce. It's getting cold!

Dinner: Went to Costco with friends. Had a slice of pizza and an iced mocha. It tasted good at the time but all three of us ended up with stomach aches on the way home. Maybe that will keep us from repeating that idea.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 10-06-2012 at 08:13 AM.

socoolnanny is offline Member
    Wow, your life is such a rollercoaster, how long before your stressers are passed. My son has this problem with his exams, studies hard, eats as and when and whatever, celebrates then gets his head together and looks after his mind and body until the next round. This happens to him every sixmonths or so. Happy days.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hey socoolnanny,

thanks for reading! I have about 4 more years of my PhD program and then I'll likely be junior faculty (I hope I get hired, at least!) and then will have even more crazy days. SO I really need to learn how to manage the craziness! Here's what I've done so far to help:

1. Eat enough fat that I only need 2 meals a day. This lessens the likelihood of having to eat outside my apartment.

2. Make friends with people who have healthy habits. For example, I split a CSA box with a friend. Right now, though, being social to mitigate stress is more important than not being social in order to eat more healthy. Eventually I hope to get to a point where I can both eat healthy and be social.

3. Non-negotiable time outside. Right now I get 2 hours/week of non-negotiable outside time. That's not much, and I really need more. I study outside in the sunshine often. Now that it's getting cold, though, I'm going to have to figure out a way to stay warm and be outside.

4. Be kind to myself. Academics at this level causes us to beat ourselves up when we don't do nearly perfect work. My diet and exercise practice slacks when I'm doing good academic work. I forgive myself... often!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast