Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Accountability Journal - sarasue page 2

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello gentle grokkers,

woke up not hungry this morning, even though I went to bed feeling hungry - funny how that works. Evidence of a switch to fat-burning overnight perhaps?

I'm sitting on my butt most of today, writing a paper so I'm going to be eating just a bit until this afternoon - I have pork chops thawing out for a lunch/dinner!

Brekkie: Coffee with coconut cream and a bit of maple syrup. Wallyworld didn't have my local pastured heavy cream, so I picked up a couple of those cardboard cartons of coconut cream instead because I had seen on a forum here that they are better in coffee than coconut milk - they are. The taste and texture difference is significant! I might be able to wean myself off of heavy cream to coconut cream - though I don't know why I'd want to. But if I did... Make that 2 mugs of coffee.

Lunch:3 turkey lunchmeat slices, 2 roasted red peppers, 2-3 Tblsp. of cream cheese. Totally spaced on doing Zumba today Oh well, I'm in the midst of writing a paper that must get done today and have three loads of laundry in various states of wetness!

Lunch x2 or mid-afternoon snack: Cured pork chop in butter. Yeah baby!

Ham Steak.jpg

Early supper or snack #2: 1/2 cup good vanilla gelato - it's a cheat. I'm fighting the urge to take a nap since I have a lecture to attend in an hour. As cheats go, this one's pretty sugary! However, sugar is just about the only questionable ingredient: milk, sugar, cream, dextrose, vanilla, lemon, guar gum.

Went to a lecture.

Late snack: 8 almond crackers with white cheddar slices and a half a cherry tomato on top. So cute!

Before bed drink: Tried rum on the rocks. Uhm... that's hardly drinkable, guys. Maybe the problem is that I used light rum? Definitely not going to cut it at the bar.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 09-22-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Just posted this in another thread, but I think I should put it here too, just so that I have it handy. Here's what I want to be eating:

At home:
    Organic, local meats only. (I have a great source, though $$) - exception, salmon.
    CSA (local organic) box veggies (summer) only or organic veggies (winter) only - exception, avocados.
    Unfortunately the CSA box includes quite a few potatoes, so I do work those in occasionally.
    Local eggs.
    Local dairy - exception, specialty cheeses/chevre (occasional treat).
    Coconut products - organic when possible.
    Lunchmeat - ideally local/organic, but I haven't found a good source of this, so for right now I just go with "natural" - the stuff cured in celery juice instead of all the conventional crap.
    Canned fish - wild.
    Perrier.
    Coffee.

Not-at-home:
    Meats.
    Salad components and veggies however they're served.
    Dairy.
    Rice. (Limited.)
    Teas.
    Water.
    Wine and Beer. (Limited)
    Rum and ? (I've been using diet coke but I'd like to find something healthier to drink with rum.)
    If I'm really feeling strict, I avoid sugary sauces (like Chinese or Indian) but most of the time I don't sweat it.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Woke this morning feeling delicate, which is too bad because I really needed to eat a big breakfast today and am not. I have a 10:00 meeting that will last to who-knows-when and so I don't know if/when/what I will get for lunch.

Brekkie: Coffee with coconut cream and a bit of maple syrup. (Still haven't made it to the co-op.)

Spent all day inside

Lunch: Had to go to the college union for lunch and ended up eating Panda Express - I could have had healthy things, but instead I had orange chicken and crab rangoon. "Diet" green tea. I cannot resist orange chicken. It's best not to even walk into a building with a Panda, and usually I don't. Oh well.

Finally made it to the co-op! They carry local grass fed beef so I loaded up on beef liver, beef bones for stock/soup, a whole chicken, bacon, heavy cream... the sickly vegans who man the registers must think I'm crazy!

Dinner: Indian butter chicken! I used a version of the recipe here on MDA except I cut up an entire chicken to use and so have chicken bones for broth and skin for cracklins! I used the Shaw spice box - which is pretty darn spicy! I think I'll keep this recipe for when I'm sick.

After dinner cooking: I'm making bone and veggie broth since I have a ton of carrots and onions to use from my CSA box. My crockpot is full! There's no room for water! I think I'll do the multiple-batch version of broth that I've seen explained on the forums. I'd like broth to replace the water that I'm not drinking enough of. Plus, it's getting cold out so I'll probably get sick soon.

Before bed: An entire bottle of Perrier - I was definitely dehydrated and dinner was spicy! A small mug of melted 85% chocolate pieces whisked into water and heavy cream. - Hot chocolate delish! Now I'm really tired. I think it'll be an early night.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 09-22-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

another day on my butt on the couch doing work.

Brekkie: Coffee with quite a bit of coconut cream, a little maple syrup. My chicken stock smells amaaaazing. It's not done yet, though.

It's weird, even though I've been eating what I shouldn't quite a bit, I feel like I'm hitting ketosis occasionally, at least overnight. I've lost a pound since I started this journal (totally unexpected, considering) and am no longer doing crazy things like craving chocolate milkshakes. Yesterday, when eating Panda, I threw away the noodles that I thought I would have eaten with no pangs of regret.

Lunch: Cured pork chop fried to a crisp (oops) in butter and leftover pork fat. Another coffee with heavy cream and a touch of maple syrup.

MidAfternoon snack: Chicken stock in a mug - that which couldn't fit into my mason jars. Ooooh boy the chicken stock is good. I strained the broth into 2 mason jars and then loaded my crockpot back up with water for a second batch. The carrots aren't falling apart yet but if I were going to be around for dinner I'd eat the carrots and onions from my crock-pot. Maybe a midnight snack is in order tonight!

In other news, I sliced a nice little chunk out of my pinky while mandolin slicing a zuchinni. Still feeling a bit queasy from that. The chicken broth helped. Hopefully it will also help it heal!

Dinner: Going to another department picnic, then a friend's party afterwards. I will avoid the buns and the pop. Outside of that I make no promises.

Well, let's just say I found the honey tree for dinner tonight. I ate no processed foods and I did not over eat. However, there were quite a few pasta salads, a couple brownies, and a couple glasses of juice-sherbet punch involved! That should be the end of the big department parties for awhile, so hopefully I'll be more responsible for my own food and get less tempted by bad food.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 09-23-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

chilly 3 mile walk around the lake today. Had a couple sips of gorgeous chicken broth before I left.

Brekkie: bratwurst - made in-house at my co-op, fried in leftover cured pork fat, on a bed of sauerkraut. A large cup of coffee w/cream and a medium bit of maple syrup.

Brat.jpg

Another day on my couch doing paperwork. :P Had another cup of coffee with cream and syrup.

Lunch: Skipped. Breakfast was late. Had a bunch of energy though and was very productive this afternoon.

Pre-class dinner: I still didn't feel hungry at all, but knew if I didn't eat an early supper I'd chow down on bad stuff during night class. I had some leftover gf granola lying around and I doused a bit of it with a heavy cream and 2 Tblsp butter, stuck it in the microwave. Tasted pretty good, but I'll probably regret what the grains do to me later. I hope I don't fall asleep during class!

Night Class damage: Not too bad. Drank a full mason jar of chicken broth during the first half of class. (Man that stuff is good.) Needed something to keep me awake for the second half. I ended up with a bottle of water and a Rice Krispies treat. Could have had something less sugary than the rice krispies, but I hadn't expected to go through my whole jar of chicken broth in half a class! Oh well, I'm working downwards towards fewer carbs, at least.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 09-24-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

another day another day. Woke up early and decided to get some work done while eating a big breakfast.

Brekkie: 2 egg scramble with a chopped onion on a piece of special toast - of which I only ate half because it stopped tasting good to me. Time to throw out the bread I think! (yeah) Cup of coffee w/cream and maple syrup.

A 2 meal day today! Unfortunately the second meal was Panera.

Was on campus until nearly 4. Came home just long enough to grab different books and rewrap my injured finger. Then I went to Panera and ate: a mocha, a half turkey/cranberry sammich, a small bowl of mac and cheese, the innards of a baguette slice, and a chocolate pastry.

Yeah.

Well, the damage from night class was zilch. I didn't fall into a sugar coma either - surprising. Hopefully I concentrated hard enough to use up all that glucose. I'm more than a little stressed out right now.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 09-25-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

recuperating from stressed out bad eating yesterday. Walk around a lake with a friend cancelled due to the fact the friend's sick (she's stressed out too).

Brekkie: A whole avocado w/taco sauce and 3 pieces of bacon. Coffee, cream, bit of maple syrup.
    Guac.jpg

Lunch: Crock-Pot slightly-too-salty chicken broth with some of the carrot from the crock-pot cut up in it. If I close my eyes I can almost pretend that the carrot is noodle.

My chicken broth is almost brown. Is that normal? I'm on day 4 of the chicken broth. I've made 4 mason-jars worth of it and I wonder when all the nutrients will be out. Maybe I'll ask on the forum.

I ate about 6 bites of the broth and carrot. Then got out the plantain chips and ate the leftover guac from breakfast. Another mug of coffee w/cream and syrup. Had a small piece of dark chocolate. I'm just not hungry.

Dinner: Went to Panchero's before class because I was really not hungry and knew I needed to eat something before class. Had a bowl with rice, pork, tomato salsa, sour cream, guacamole, green hot sauce. It was really good! The rice is the only part of the bowl I'm a bit concerned about. Also I had half a glass of Fanta orange for a sugar rush.

Damage from class:1 slice of bread with homemade tapenade. More tapenade than bread. 1 diet coke.

Now I'm home again and not hungry. I like this not hungry stuff but it makes eating before class difficult!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 09-26-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

It's a beautiful morning and since I finished grading papers yesterday I feel much less stressed!

Brekkie: Scrambled egg with tomato. I used up the last of my CSA tomatoes for this week. (New box today, yeah.) 1/2 medium onion, lots of garlic, peeled tomatoes into the pot with buttah. When they are all boiled down to stew, remove and add eggs. Scramble. Add tomatoes back on eggs. I only had one egg so it was more like tomatoes with scrambled egg than vice-versa. So good. Coffee w/cream and a bit of maple syrup.

I teach today.

Late lunch/snack: Hippie crackers made out of sunflower seeds, flax, tomatoes, garbanzo bean flour, pumpkin seeds, onions, bell peppers, spinach, salt yeast, garlic balsamic, olive oil. With Artichoke Parmesan dip from my local co-op. Small chocolate milk from local creamery.

I won't be doing AquaVortex due to my finger injury. I will be carrying the CSA box around though.

Dinner planned is primal palak paneer. We'll see if I make rice or if I make the palak from spinach or kale.

So... I did have Indian for dinner, but I got a call from my AquaVortex buddies and the pool was closed today, so we decided to go out for dinner instead (logical, right?).

Dinner: Butter chicken, chicken vindaloo, chicken masala with jasmine rice, garlic naan, sugar loaf naan, and a mango lassi. OK, so specifically, the butter chicken was mine and I only had a bite of the vindaloo and masala (which were excellent) but I did eat about 1.5 cups of rice and 1.5 slices of each type of naan (and the lassi). It has only been an hour and already my gut is pretty unhappy with me. I suspect the naan, but I don't know if that is the culprit for sure. I only discovered Indian food last year so all of this, the spice profiles, the heat, is new to me. I probably should've declined the naan. Oh well. I'll get there.

In the meantime, I've baked up my chicken skins and wings. They turned out crispy! I'm too stuffed to snack on them right now, but the apartment sure smells good!

I think I'll turn in early tonight. It's been a long hard week.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 09-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.

lowcarbjas is offline Member
    I always think my scales are broken too lol, so I weight myself twice just to be sure....the result is always the same second time around.

Ur brekkies look tasty! I love roasted peppers too!

How do you get ur pics normal size? Mine are massive.
    Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
    Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

Quote Originally Posted by lowcarbjas View Post
    How do you get ur pics normal size? Mine are massive.
    Hey lowcarbjas! I wish I were consistently low enough carb to put low carb in my name :P

So far all the pics have been off my phone. I email them to myself and that's when they get resized. I save them as jpegs. If I were using my decent camera I think I'd have to resize them in my photo editor and save them as a smaller size. Then upload the smaller sized ones.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast