Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Accountability Journal - sarasue page 11

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Hello gentle grokkers,

This weekend continues to be poor as far as eating goes.

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/Maple syrup. Leftover Enchilada casserole from last night. Gut is unhappy with me (duh). I'm tired (duh). So I spread out in the sun and took a nap, which was lovely. Woke refreshed.

Lunch: After nap Coffee/Cream/Maple syrup.

Dinner: Took a stab at making dirty rice. I'm trying to get more offal in my diet and had free range Turkey innards to use.
    dirty rice (1024x768).jpg
    Rice, carrot, Turkey gizzard, heart, and liver, shiritake shrooms, onion, garlic, paprika, salt, tobasco in leftover lard/chicken drippings. Didn't stick to my cast iron at all.

Hello gentle grokkers,

2 day post here. Yesterday I had 2 cups of coffee w/nasty creamer/sweetener at work. I must be better about that! Lunch was taking myself to a Thai restaurant for a curry fix. Unfortunately the curry and the green tea were not very good so I consoled myself with a chocolate "dome" which, as far as cheats go, was gorgeous. However this consoling myself is a bad habit to get into! For dinner I had the rest of the dirty rice and a Perrier. So it was a high carb day yesterday.

Today:
    Brekkie: coffee/cream/maple syrup in a jar to warm me as I stand out in the cold for 30 min. Because my bus was 10 min. Early and I missed it. Ah well, it was a pretty morning (if cold) with no wind.

Forgot my lunch but I'm done w/work at 3 today. Can I make it?

Didn't make it. I've been eating too poorly lately. Had a bratwurst with bun and sauerkraut and mustard. A scotcheroo, and a sweet roibus tea latte. Only ate 30 min. Ago and I'm already crashing. Ugh. It's going to be a long 2 hours!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 01-17-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Oh gentle grokkers,

I have been a very bad girl these last 3 days. I'm having trouble getting into the swing of working regular hours. As a consequence I have not cooked, have eaten crap, and felt the same! I'm determined to get my lazy butt in gear.

Brekkie:maple syrup, cream, coffee. It saddens me but I really need to kick the syrup habit in my coffee.

Hello gentle grokkers,

It's Sunday and I'm making myself meals for the next week so we don't have a repeat of the disaster of last week.

Brekkie: coffee/cream/maple syrup
    Lunch: Salmon w/cumin and paprika and bernaise sauce.
    salmon cook.jpg
    Trying a new technique for cooking salmon because I hate flipping it. Yep, that's a grill pan with a pyrex bowl over it.

salmon bernaise.jpg
    Finished product.

Verdict: Great salmon method. I like a tender moist salmon. The bernaise sauce was great. The cumin/paprika I'll omit next time.

Right now I'm brewing some spaghetti sauce (I make a mean spag sauce.) and it smells soooo good. Unfortunately I cooked up a bad spaghetti squash to put it over. Had to throw out the squash. I'll have to go grab another spaghetti squash or zuchinni this afternoon. Unexpected trip to the grocery store. Oh well.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 01-13-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Well, yesterday was bad. Ended up at a Chinese buffet.
    Took a nap then had yogurt banana for dinner. Gained 5 lbs of bloat. I looked ridiculous!

Back on the wagon today and feeling better. Brekkie: 2 scrambled eggs w/cream cheese, coffee/cream/honey.
    Lunch @ work: sweet peppers raw w/pepperoni in cheese ball. Apple, in some maple butter. (Of which I only ate 1/3) Still high carb but not like yesterday!

I'm supposed to do aqua vortex tonight with a friend. Ready for sanity.

Did aqua vortex.

Had homemade spag sauce over zucchini noodles. Then had half a package of cottage cheese. (I love fresh cottage cheese, but it starts tasting sour to me at 2 days so I have to eat it fast!)

Going to try goat milk over rice cereal before bed. We'll see if I can handle goat milk - it's the evaporated canned stuff. So... the canned milk is decent over rice cereal. We'll see if I can use it in coffee next.

I'm quite proud of myself that I have made a full meal for lunch at work tomorrow. If I can manage to remember to bring it to work, we'll be all set!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 01-15-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Brekkie : half a smoothie w/banana, kiwi, berries, and yogurt. Too tart for my taste!
    Lunch: zucchini spaghetti with pepperoni, cheese ball, leftover apple from yesterday, a bit of maple butter.
    Zumba! For an hour!
    Dinner: Panchero's rice bowl with pork, sour cream, cheese, and salsa.

I did great today! Then I went out and had 2 wheat beer pints :P
    Last edited by sarasue624; 01-17-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

I have two fit friends who eat all the time (fairly healthy, even by primal standards) but who don't at all get enough fat in their diets. Boy are they grumpy when meal time is 30 minutes late! So glad to be free from that.

Brekki: coffee/cream/maple syrup x2. Interviewed someone at a Caribou Coffee. Had a small chai there.
    Lunch: 5 small sweet red peppers with cheese ball. Also, some sweet peas with cheese ball.

Then, ah, gentle grokkers, I was doing so well. Then a friend gave me a Moravian sugar cake... and I ate half. Had quite a sugar rush.

Then I went to aquavortex and (I hope) worked some of that sugar off.

Then I came home and made turkey nuggets. Here are the turkey nuggets in process:
    turkey nuggets1.jpg

I used this recipe: http://www.multiplydelicious.com/the...leo-bbq-sauce/

Here are the turkey nuggets complete.
    turkey nuggets2 (1024x768).jpg

They turned out good, if... squeaky. I don't know exactly what that "squeak" is but it's similar to asparagus squeak on my teeth. These are going to be great to take for late lunch after Zumba tomorrow!
    Last edited by sarasue624; 01-17-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

Crazy Friday: Brekkie: rest of the sugar cake, coffee/cream/honey
    Zumba Zumba!
    Lunch: 3 leftover turkey nuggets (that were awesome lukewarm), peapods dipped in cold-press cheese.
    Dinner: 2 oranges dipped in dark chocolate... meant to make zuchinni spag but that didn't happen as a result...
    10 o'clock Dinner take 2: Taco Bell burrito supreme with a fruitista freeze. We went to a piano bar but I was good and didn't have any alcohol at all.

Crazy Saturday:
    Brekkie: A few last sips of the fruitista freeze to stem my sugar-induced headache I woke up with. 2 eggs w/jack cheese and sour cream and taco sauce. Coffee/cream/maple syrup.
    Lunch: sammich w/lots of turkey and cheddar. Bread made me feel tired all afternoon. Coffee/cream/maple syrup.
    Last edited by sarasue624; 01-19-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Hello gentle grokkers,

well I started a new job and got back into the school semester - which is why I haven't been here. Been skipping breakfast (due to time and snow and cold and dark in the morning), drinking lots of coffee at work, bringing my lunch and eating it at my desk - which has been fairly healthy, and eating better at night since I have less time to be social.

I do Zumba twice a week and AquaVortex twice a week. I may be starting Piloxing and/or fitness yoga as well.

I need to start bringing my brekkie to work! It's ridiculous how much food I need to pack around though.

Food is going lukewarm. I have good days and bad days. I've started tracking things via MyFitnessPal because it's easy to use on my iPad. We'll see how number tracking helps me out.

I'm addicted to sugar, true, but I also think I probably eat more of even the good stuff than I should be. Maybe logging things via a number counter will help? We'll see.

I've still not lost nor gained. However there's a big mood/energy difference as well as huge and obvious digestion differences when I eat plants and meat instead of grains and sugar.

I'll keep plugging away at it and post here when I can.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Gentle Grokkers,

I'm back! Back for the summer again. My graduate school craziness is tempering for a while. I've moved to fatsecret (sarasnoodles) for tracking and have done some macro math to get myself started back up again (see below). I've gained this year, unsurprising, considering the stress level getting a PhD in the humanities requires. So, here we go:

April 21, 2014
    Weight 206
    Waist size at navel 41
    Waist size at narrow point 37
    Hip size at widest point 48
    Neck at narrowest point 14
    Wrist 6
    Forearm at largest place 12

Body fat percent ~40%
    Lean body mass 123 lbs

.5 grams of protein per pound of lean mass/per day on average to maintain your “structure”. 4 cal / gram in protein
    61 g. protein = 246 cal
    18% protein

80-100 to stay out of ketosis, 4 cal/gram
    60 or less g. carb = 240 cal
    17% carb

1 fat gram=9 cal
    920 cal from fat = 102 grams fat
    66% fat

for 1400 cal/day

Yup, I'm tracking cals and carbs this time to see if I can get a more realistic sense of portion control. The whole "when I eat protein I eat less carbs" doesn't really kick in for me because I don't stop eating even though I'm full! So, I think counting cals will head me off before I get too far into that 16 oz prime rib. Don't worry, I'll up the cals as soon as I start feeling good enough to work out again. (Which hasn't really been the case, recently.)

So I'll probably post here when I have fantastico meals that I want to show off. Like my green curry tonight with chicken thighs and cauliflower and mushrooms and yellow peppers. Wowie.

But I'll be shooting for 60 grams or less carbs, 60 grams or more protein, and all the rest fat (around 100 grams). Today I had 98 grams fat, 45 carbs, and 53 protein, so in the ballpark, and I'm stuffed! If I could make every day like today I'd be set! Tomorrow will be more difficult because I'm working a reception at work. My goal is to stay away from all grains and sugared drinks tomorrow. A modest goal, but hard enough. Wish me luck! I'm happy to have time to be back!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011