Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw a Paleo doc today! page

j3nn is online now Senior Member

I saw a Paleo doc today!

Shop Now
    And she's awesome! just braggin' heh

I found her on Paleo Physicians Network

So far we did a comprehensive hormone test, which was very telling and might lead to the answers to so many other issues I have, mainly digestive.

Did I mention how awesome she is?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I am very jealous! I so want to see any type of paleo or functional doctor. My insurance doesn't cover any of them
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    How frustrating they have an Edmonton link but it is too an nutritionist not a doc.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Paleobird Guest
    I have a paleo doc and she is part of the largest HMO in this part of the country. What I did when picking a primary care provider from the list my HMO gave me was to go for the youngest one I could find. She is actively on board with my Dad going Primal to treat his diabetes and has taken him off of 4 of his 5 meds (prescribed years ago for BP, cholesterol, etc. She's great!

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I am very jealous! I so want to see any type of paleo or functional doctor. My insurance doesn't cover any of them
    Not even sure if the one I'm seeing takes insurance plans, but her office visit for the first consultation was only $125. Which isn't bad considering she spent 1 hour, 15 minutes with my husband and me, and asked all the right questions with genuine interest. My Ex GP used to charge $100 for 6 minutes of careless empty visitation. World of difference!

I consider myself well versed in what's going on with my symptoms and such, but her explanation for my hormone levels relating to my gut's inability to heal properly blew my mind!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Not even sure if the one I'm seeing takes insurance plans, but her office visit for the first consultation was only $125. Which isn't bad considering she spent 1 hour, 15 minutes with my husband and me, and asked all the right questions with genuine interest. My Ex GP used to charge $100 for 6 minutes of careless empty visitation. World of difference!

I consider myself well versed in what's going on with my symptoms and such, but her explanation for my hormone levels relating to my gut's inability to heal properly blew my mind!
    That's not too bad - but how do you get your labs drawn? That's where the bills get crazy in my experience. It's a fortune to keep running all those test with no insurance coverage.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I checked the link, and while there were quite a few Paleo MDs in FL none were very close to me.

I'll keep checking though... maybe one will pop up in my area sooner or later!
    I even "liked" it on Fb.

That said I LOVE my current GP.
    She actually works out of a converted old house.
    She is a very "old style" GP doc even though she isn't terribly old herself... in her 60s.
    If you have a virus she tells you flat out to go home and have some good chicken broth soup.
    She does not write frivolous prescriptions.
    She keeps her practice at a set number of patients... and has a waiting list to become a new patient.
    Everyone gets face TIME and appropriate attention.

She always keeps time slots on the books for patients who have emergencies and need walk-ins. I've never had to wait to see her if I've had an issue and need to get in quick.
    She isn't getting "rich" pumping patients through her doors like cattle...
    But she is making a difference I think.
    I'm going to WEEP when she retires. For real... I do NOT want to go to a "regular" GP office after having her for the past 12 years...
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-12-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    There are 3 in Delaware. One is a dietitian, one and osteopath, both about 45 miles away, and the closest one is a chiropractor.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the link! It's a great resource.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    There are only chiropractors and orthopedic surgeons in that network within a 30 mile radius of me. Sigh.

I did enjoy my first visit to my naturopathic doctor though! Insurance didn't cover it, but it's really affordable anyway!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast