I just started going Primal in August, and cutting out grains wasn't a problem. I was already getting enough protein and so far haven't had a problem replacing all of that non-fat dairy protein with better sources. Fat? Not a problem. Right now I am on a dairy elimination experiment to see how well that goes.

Frankly my problem is carbs. Getting enough of them that is. As a mountain biker and cyclist who also does a lot of work at the gym (thankfully my trainer is Primal), VLC just isn't for me. I want my carbs to be between 70-80 grams - I don't have a lot of weight to lose and am more focused on body composition and strength. The problem I am having is getting them above 50 and keeping them there without starchy fruit. As a former type 2 diabetic I don't want to start depending on fructose as more than a minor carb source. I could easily do that and that wouldn't be good for me.

Two things are obvious:

1. Grains were my primary carb source prior to going Primal...
  2. I need to think outside of the box and broaden my veggie horizons.

I need ideas, pure and simple. I LOVE kale - especially roasted Lacinato Kale. Baby spinach and assorted salad greens are great, as well as traditional "salad veggies". Of course there are also sweet potatoes and squash that I need to/will explore. I didn't eat many veggies outside of salad and kale in my CW years

So, what are YOUR favorite vegetables? Please expound on your favorite seasonal veggies, especially fall and winter.