Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Left everything hanging.....literallly page 4

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    DS seems to be doing much better, second day in a row where he has more energy. It's unusually warm in SF. I went for a walk and there was a street fair just blocks from the hospital. I bought some applewood smoked sea salt. DS loves it. We will order the salmon tonight and put some lemon, kerrygold butter and this wonderful salt on top.

As a side note I've found some somewhat unusual primal food possibilities, today I chopped up an apple added coconut oil, slivered almonds and crumbled bacon and warmed it in the microwave. It was pretty good. I'm learning to cook in a microwave, this morning I cooked red onion and spinach with butter. I then added a hard boiled egg and chicken apple sausage that I ordered form the kitchen.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Keep all your successful recipes for the nuke AND where you source your Primal stuff in SF... the info might just come in handy some day for a little cookbook that could be sold in the hospital gift shop for others in your situation. And because people like me might ask, too. Good stuff, still doing the Primal thing in those circumstances! I have since told First and Second a little about your posts (I don't allow them to read the MDA or even google around much - I am arch-conservative where raising kids is concerned), and they are interested in what is going on with you and DS.

Well, that, and the fact that you both are in SF... home of the Mythbusters...

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Thrilled to hear that DS is feeling better with more energy... and that you are managing to stick to your primal ways - bloody hard in the hospital maze !
    heres to getting home very soon
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hi Everyone, We saw DS regular doctor today and he's pretty sure DS will be able to go home on Wednesday.

I have a cold, dang it! Last year upon leaving the hospital I came down with a sinus infection that took me 3 months to get over.
    I'm healthier this year and the hospital visit wasn't as stressful as last year so I am hopeful that this cold wont turn into a sinus infection. I've been very susceptible to sinus infections in the past.

Our whole family likes watching Myth Busters, DS loves the explosions and DH and I like looking at the SF bay area, we lived here for 10 yrs before we had DS.

The hospital has some interesting food options because the population is culturally diverse; for lunch I'm having pork and ginger soup with dried mushrooms. I ordered a spinach salad (which comes undressed) so I'll add the spinach to my soup. The salad comes with various components: dried cranberries, slivered almonds, red onions, crumbled bacon, and Mandarin oranges (DS likes them) all individually wrapped so I save them for other uses.

I have never tried this, but I have a friend who almost gets herself hospitalized every fall/winter with bronchitis, and one year not too long ago she didn't get sick. I asked her about it because it was so obvious that she wasn't at home in the process of expiring, and she told me that she religiously did a steaming with the highest grade of eucalyptus essential oil she could find to buy - therapeutic grade, I think - daily, and that did the trick for her.

I use alternative healing methods decently often with myself and my kids, so I mention this to you just FYI. I got my husband started on a neti pot sinus rinse last year and he likes it (he is asthmatic with year-round allergies, and when he doesn't get his meds he has HUGE saddlebags under his eyes and drips from the nose like a leaky faucet - literally). He does his during his daily morning shower.

I left my neti pot at home, I normally use it daily.

You gave me a good idea, the other day I went for a walk and picked eucalyptus leaves. I steamed them for DS (another use for the microwave). Why didn't I think to do it for myself! Thanks for the reminder I'm going to do it right now.

This is the last installment from the hospital tomorrow we go home! DS lungs aren't completely back to normal but good enough to go home.
    I had a pretty bad headache most of the day and spent a fair amount of the day lying down, but I am feeling much better now. I am looking forward to getting back to my regular life.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    excellent news
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    This is the last installment from the hospital tomorrow we go home! DS lungs aren't completely back to normal but good enough to go home.
    I had a pretty bad headache most of the day and spent a fair amount of the day lying down, but I am feeling much better now. I am looking forward to getting back to my regular life.
    WooHoo!! Travel safely!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fantastic - safe travels
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast