Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Left everything hanging.....literallly page 3

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    It's funny all the changes you go through in a situation like this. I guess it's kind like some one worrying about their job "will it get done if I'm not there?" The answer is yes, it might not be done in exactly the same way but it still get's done.
    I'm kind of laughing at this, and kind of not - I have trouble leaving stuff in the hands of Mr. Crabbcakes, even though he is a perfectly intelligent guy and decently conscientious to boot. My household is my "office" - I am a stay-at-home mom, and Hubby and I once read a relationship book about how much harder it is for women (in general) to let go because they literally live at the office, as it were. So when I get cranky about something trivial, the Hubby remembers that and is really nice about trying to redirect/reassure me, and not just tell me to ignore it or whatever (which would definitely backfire).

Hope DS is doing well today! And you, too!

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I'm kind of laughing at this, and kind of not - I have trouble leaving stuff in the hands of Mr. Crabbcakes, even though he is a perfectly intelligent guy and decently conscientious to boot. My household is my "office" - I am a stay-at-home mom, and Hubby and I once read a relationship book about how much harder it is for women (in general) to let go because they literally live at the office, as it were. So when I get cranky about something trivial, the Hubby remembers that and is really nice about trying to redirect/reassure me, and not just tell me to ignore it or whatever (which would definitely backfire).
    We are done to one lap top, the hospital one is not working so DS
    Hope DS is doing well today! And you, too!
    Very well said!

DS is slowly doing better, but not well enough to go home. His lung function is at 86% the docs want to see him in the low 90s before they will consider sending him home.

DH and I decided to give the concert tickets away. I looked on line and the concert isn't even sold out, which amazes me. I guess not every one knows who Richard Thompson is, I think he is one of the best living guitarists. He was recently knighted for his contribution to popular music. I was so looking forward to hearing him play solo acoustic at a small venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I was so looking forward to hearing him play solo acoustic at a small venue.
    I don't know him by name - will ask Mr. iTunes, aka hubby, to look him up. Solo acoustic in a small venue??? OMG... I would almost cry real tears. I once saw a-ha in a small club - you might not be a fan, but to me Morten Harket is as close to a god as I think I will get in this lifetime. That voice gives me goosebumps each and every time - singing and speaking (Norwegian).

Hopefully the Universe has an incredible concert experience in store, just to make up for this one.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hey Forager - love and hugs go out to you from little old Nouvelle Zealande. I so hope that you guys get home soon. I have spent so long in hospitals over the years having children, losing children etc.... and as much as we all try our hardest to stay positive, it can sometimes be a struggle.
    Anyway heres to you both getting home soon.
    Take care
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thanks Gwamma and Crabbcakes! Tomorrow we test his lungs again, Ds is looking pretty good tonight. The docs and I are in agreement we don't want to go home if his lungs aren't ready. DS is getting very bored but the main thing is that is that he's as healthy as he can be when we leave.

I don't want to go home before he's ready because we live far from the hospital and when we are home DH and I do what the hospital staff is now doing, that includes assessing his health, making sure he does his respiratory treatments, sterilizing his equipment along with the usual running of the household. DH is busy getting things ready at home; there are a couple of things he needs to do before we return; the doctor told us today we need to have a hepa filter in DS's room and filters on the heating vents.
    Looks like we will need to make some lifestyle changes too. We usually hike in the woods daily and the doc says
    DS should not be doing this for the time being. What DS is having is an allergic reaction to a mold that is pretty much every where in nature. We think because it is so dry right now the molds are becoming air born and DS has inhaled them. It sounds straight forward but it's difficult to diagnose; the doctors weren't positive until today when they got some results form lab work. This happened last year at the exact same time. We will need to find something else we can do together that doesn't involve stirring up dirt. This will be a major adjustment as hiking to us is more than just exercise.
    Last edited by Urban Forager; 09-27-2012 at 11:04 PM.

We are here for another weekend, DS's lungs are getting better but not good enough to go home. They'll check him again on Tuesday. This is starting to get old for both of us. And no Netflix came today, it's going to be a long weekend.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Forager, have you ever heard of in-duct ultraviolet light air cleaners? The UV light kills a lot of the bacteria/viruses in the air. Coincidentally, hospitals usually have this installed as part of their HVAC systems, but you can get it on your home, too. I'd never heard of this until recently... you probably know all about it, with DS's lung issues, but I thought I'd mention it *just in case*.

I hope he's doing better VERY soon!

Thanks Goldie, Hubby is looking into getting the air ducts cleaned. We live a rural area and there aren't many services so he'll be lucky if he finds some one he trusts to clean the ducts. In the mean time he's putting filters over the vents.

The thing is this flare up occurred in the Summer when we weren't using our forced air system. It's never happened in the Winter which is when we use the heater. It's probably the air born dirt outside.

Hey Forager!

I hear you on the mold thing... I highly suspect Third is allergic to some kind of mold because she never has problems (no matter how much pollen flies around or how much green grass is being cut in summer) until the first few leaves start to fall in September. You can almost synchronize watches by it. We live rurally in the middle of our own woods, amongst other landowners with even more wooded acres, and short of selling the place and moving to the desert or something Third isn't going to get away from it.

For distractions, my favorite bodice-ripper romance author (Stephanie Laurens - actually, the only one of that genre I ever read, so I wait for her books to come out) just released a book two days ago... "The Lady Risks All". Not for DS, obviously. For DS, though, Rick Riordan's "The Mark of Athena" is coming out in just a couple of days and my First and Second are in a frenzy.

I was thinking of you a couple of days ago - First has asthma and I was making another follow-up appt. for her with her pulmonologist, and had to be reminded to come early so she can do the spirometry stuff before the actual appointment, and that part made me think of the two of you, holed up there in the hospital and testing every few.

This might suck, but wouldn't wearing some kind of mask help during hikes, so you can get a few in, because they mean so much to you all??

Crabbcakes, yeah if DS wants to walk in the woods he'll have to wear a mask at least until it rains. I talked to DH today and he said it's still hot and dry though the nights have cooled off so the trees are loosing their leaves. Here in SF it's foggy and cold, it's hard to believe it's in the 90s at home.

Thanks for mentioning Rick Riordan's new book we'll get on the list to get it form the library.

DS just got unhooked from his IV so we are going to walk around a bit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast