Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do we think about P90x and Insanity? page

aimlow is offline Senior Member

What do we think about P90x and Insanity?

Primal Fuel
    I'm guessing the response is that both are excessive.... but I'm curious to hear what you have to say and what your experience has been with these programs...

JLW1084 is offline Junior Member
    I personally like both of these programs. They give me a great workout and I have gotten stronger using them. Its all about personal preference I guess. Utilize the programs how you best see fit for yourself.

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    I actually did them both together for over a year. Not so great, imho. I got much stronger in a single month of starting strength than i did the whole time i did the beachbody workouts - all they got me was tired. The volume on p90x is way too high for optimum strength gains, but the two combined might lean you out a bit if you're new to exercise. That said, kenpo x is fun, and i like the yoga too. But most of the weight exercises are bodybuilder-type isolation movements. You're better off sticking to basic compound movements and sprint intervals. Besides, watching the same dvds over and over gets really tedious after awhile.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Though I'm a personal trainer I'm also very biased when it comes to training protocols. I'm honestly not a fan at all of either. They may work for a while, but they aren't really results-oriented for long term gains. Insanity especially is not at all results-oriented. It's also a lot of volume to jump right into. That being said, I know people who have had success using P90X as a short-term kick start. It all depends on you and how you feel doing it. If you have the opportunity to try it out, give it two weeks...that's usually all you'll need to know whether or not it might work for you.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Mark did a good post talking about P90X.

P90X and CrossFit | Mark's Daily Apple
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Not much............
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I'm not a fan unless you just got a ton of time to kill and your so young as to not care about the health of your joints. Basically I think there are just far better ways to skin that cat.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I have a dominatrix for that.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I think that people confuse marketing with effectiveness. And that people are also idiots.

loganchristopher is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I may use them in the beginning but only in the beginning...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast