Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do we think about P90x and Insanity? page 2

Blanchy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    MC from Begin to Dig has a very in-depth review of the claims made by P90X- begin to dig: Reflection/Critique of P90X review: Part 1 of 3 - muscle confusion confuses the issue Basically they are a bunch of liars. On a side note, B2D is a great, completely science-oriented blog for fitness practices and all things related, though it is definitely not paleo or primal.
    "Itís not about how strong you are, itís how well you can move with that strength."

adamm is offline Senior Member
    Ok, so there are a couple of ways of looking at this. I'm gonna give y'all mine

1. Women who do crossfit for any sustained period of time are yummy. I mean, seriously, that whole met-con thing of crossfit does good things to women aesthetically. And I say this as a happily married man with 3 kids in case my wife is reading this.
    2. If you have a lot of time and spare energy, P90x will get you leaner and put on some muscle in a hurry. It really is a crash course. For normal people, however, it is too much, too fast. And it isn't sustainable. You do more than one, maybe two cycles, and you'll burn out unless your body craves punishment.

--Me

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    I'll support p90x - well rounded and balanced program. Alot of people slam it (and insanity), but many people (including myself) have gotten great results from the program. The only reason I don't use it anymore is my goals are different then they were when I did the program, but I'm seriously considering starting another round this summer.
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    I hate these things so much, I just invented a MEGA PROTOCOL called HILLXTOUGH77, it's where you run up a hill as fast as you can for 30 minutes and then do 200-400 pushups. Do this 7 days a week for CRAZY RESULTS.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JLW1084 View Post
    ....Its all about personal preference I guess. Utilize the programs how you best see fit for yourself.
    What is this nonsense?!? "Personal preference"?!? The OP explicitly asked what "we" think, as in we're all part of a hivemind who must get permission of others to have thoughts on a subject! Your self-motivated, individualist, just-do-your-own-thing worldview has no place here. Join the Borg!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12