Thread: OT: Moving to Knoxville TN page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

OT: Moving to Knoxville TN

Shop Now
    This is totally not exactly Primal-related, but I'm putting the word out anywhere and everywhere...

I'm moving to Knoxville TN in June and I need to find a job. I'm open to any and all opportunities right now, so if anyone has any information or connections, please hook me up. Or at least point me in the right direction.

Anyone else got info on finding a job out of state?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i'm not sure what kind of work you want to do, but a lot of different careers have hiring websites that show listings by state. i work in education, so when i'm looking for a change i hit up websites like higheredjobs.com or studentaffairs.com and find something in my area.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    This is totally not exactly Primal-related, but I'm putting the word out anywhere and everywhere...

I'm moving to Knoxville TN in June and I need to find a job. I'm open to any and all opportunities right now, so if anyone has any information or connections, please hook me up. Or at least point me in the right direction.

Anyone else got info on finding a job out of state?
    Go to knoxnews.com, classifieds. Also, you might contact the poster "kmsnow", as she has more information (I believe she works for a media company in town). I moved, then got busy in the (print!) classifieds. There seem to be plenty of jobs here.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Oh fabulous! Thank you!

Right now I'm looking for ANYTHING, but I'm most accustomed to working in small assembly plants. I have some kitchen experience as well.

It seems like a HUGE task, but maybe it won't be so bad after all.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Oh fabulous! Thank you!

Right now I'm looking for ANYTHING, but I'm most accustomed to working in small assembly plants. I have some kitchen experience as well.

It seems like a HUGE task, but maybe it won't be so bad after all.
    I looked for 14 months prior to moving, then just said, "screw it!", and moved with no job in place (to be fair, my wife transferred from another Wal-Mart store to our closest store in East Knoxville).
    I was hired on at a Ruby Tuesday the 2nd day I was here (I applied that lunch hour, and was interviewed that evening)... and then found my current job 3 weeks later. The jobs are here, if you can settle for a placeholder for a short period.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Oh absolutely! What refreshing news. I am fully prepared to work in not one, but several restaurants if I have to. With any luck I'll have 3-6 months worth of rent saved and on hand so that at least I'll have a roof over my head until I have all the wrinkles smoothed out.

Since you're going to practically be a neighbor, I could definitely use some pointers on the city when the time comes. The hardest part, I think, will eventually be replacing my food network. I rely heavily on the Amish and my butcher here. When I visited a few weeks ago my friend took me to The Fresh Market and I fell in love. I better find a good paying job, FAST- lol

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Well, there will be a lot of primal things to do that cost very little. We just got back from the Smokies and hiked almost the whole time and it didn't cost a penny other than what food we took for the day. We just packed up meat loaded salads, wild rice and nuts. I grew up in the area, but always enjoy going back. Be sure to visit Cades Cove when all the kids go back to school. There are a lot of good trails that start there too. I am excited for you!

That sounds awesome! I hiked House Mountain when I was there a few weeks ago and absolutely LOVED it.