Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Socoolnanny's PB journal page

socoolnanny is offline Member

Socoolnanny's PB journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, felling a bit unsure here, never done this thing before it even took me half an hour to find out how to post a thread, how dumb is that? Things have come to a stage where I must take responsibility for my own choices. I have different types of arthritis and asthma and am overweight which I know affects every part of my life. I am a 54 year old teacher (not working at present) with a great family and 3 and a half year old grandson. I have two nephews and a son who are mega fit and are mostly primal and are a great motivator for me. I have been tracking on myfitnesspal to curb the carbs which I am so addicted to.
    I have been primal for 2 weeks and today it all went pear shaped, crumpets, bread, chocolate (all just for lunch) so disgusted with myself:{ This is it, I need to do this for the sake of my sanity let alone my health and weight. I have been challenged by my son Robert to lose at least 1 stone by Christmas, easily done he says. We shall see.
    This journal is going to be my conscience, the little angel on my shoulder that tells the little carb devil to get lost! Too late to do much about today but look out tomorrow. Will spend a couple of hours planning a menu for the week and reading the post here for encouragement.
    I don't need motivation, I need a kick up the *** and distractions. Lovely steak and mushroom casserole for tea with lots of cabbage, yum.

Stats -
    5'1"
    184lbs
    170lbs - 1st target
    140lbs - final target
    Watch this space

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Best of luck! I too am hoping for some extra motivation to kick those bad habits by posting on here... I also use myfitnesspal, but as I'm the only one who sees it, it doesn't keep me from making decisions I know I shouldn't!
    Your tea sounds fantastic, by the way... I love me some cabbage, mmmm!

I will subscribe to your thread, and attempt to distract. You'll have to find someone else for the a** kicking though

Thank you so much for replying. You are right about myfitnesspal and it is easy to 'forget' certain snacks. I am good at kicking my own at times like this but only after the event :}, you have succeeded in distracting me, I feel more bouyed up and will not look at another crumpet or Twirl (today anyway:}) Bye the way, how do you get the smiley faces on your post?
    Yep, having casseroled chuck steak with mushrooms and onions and lots of green cabbage with strawberries, raspsberries and cherries covered in organic pro/prebiotic natural yoghurt. Roll on teatime.

Can I have the recipe? I rarely cook with mushrooms because my brother who lives with us hates them with an unbridled passion, but I miss them so!

Oh and for the smilies, you just have to type in ": )" but without the space in between, and it will automatically put them in for you. If you use the advanced posting, there is also a smiley legend on the right hand side, you just have to click them and then there's a variety to use.

Fry off some onions in olive oil, add chopped mushrooms, as many as you like. Add a clove or two of garlic if you like, add diced/cubed chuck (or any kind of stewing steak) and brown off, add a glass of red wine if you like it. I then put all in a casserole dish or my slow cooker and add 1 pint of beef gravy (bisto best is gluten/wheat free) and leave for either 2 or 6hrs. You can check occassionally especially in the casserole dish as sometimes the meat soaks up all the gravy. Makes the meat really tender. You can substitute the beef with sausages for a change. I like it served with greens, cauli and broccoli. I usually make enough to freeze so Tony, my husband, can take some to work the next day and I have something I can fall back on if I don't feel like cooking. Debra

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    That sounds absolutely wonderful! I may need to try it myself...

Welcome and I'll try to help with the distracting as well

That really does sound good, I think I will try it tonight, so I have a great feast for tomorrow! I really need to get in the habit of cooking larger quantities, having just one extra person in the house has completely thrown off my how-much-to-make-in-order-to-have-leftovers calculations!

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    I have trouble making enough for leftovers too. My problem is by the time my three boys and husband usually get done with stuff, there's not really enough left over for lunch.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Not always up to doing daily reports but will keep at it. Yesterday,
    BF - scrambled eggs and bacon
    snack - fresh berries and organic natural yoghurt
    lunch - more yoghurt (not feeling too hungry)
    tea - grilled gammon steak, 2 fried eggs and sweet potato wedges.
    Actually took Tali (our Jack Russell) for a 15 minute walk and went swimming with my sister.
    I keep cooking too much as well having just the two of us now instead of five with the childrens friends popping in. I cook just as much then freeze portions for Tony's (hubby) lunches or teas when I am not up to cooking. Just seen a recipe for pulled pork on someone elses journal so will be trying that.
    Today,
    BF = scrambled egg
    lunch - meatballs with vegetable stirfry
    tea - rib eye steak with green salad and sweet potato wedges, fresh fruit and yoghurt. One of my sons and his girlfriend is visiting from Wales today, can't wait to see them, then I am going back with them tomorrow for a long weekend. Not sure how the eating is going to go but you have to take what you can when you are away from home. I am ok with that.
    Take care everyone and enjoy your weekends. Debra

Oh, still thinking about those goals :}

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast