Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Challenge: Move like a Grokette! page

valmason01 is online now Senior Member

My Primal Challenge: Move like a Grokette!

Shop Now
    I have struggled with adding movement and enough sun every day. Bad habits are hard to overcome. The Primal Challenge is a good opportunity to kick it up and become Grokette...So here I go!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I did it! A 30 minute good walk that came with some wonderful sunshine.

For some reason my mood is not all that great. I have been irritable and just frustrated with life in general. No reason. Life is good actually. I actually wasn't planning to walk this afternoon just because I was feeling sorry for myself. I realized that I had to get out of the funk and quit being ridiculous. Movement and sunshine goes a long way towards that, though not completely over with. Just keep saying over and over: Life is good! And it is!
    I know the diet coke is bad and the artificial sweetener is not great but really needed more caffeine and being Type II just means no sugar (sigh).
    For now I focus on movement and sunshine.
    Food:
    Coffee w/ HWC/coconut oil and artificial sweetener
    Diet Coke

2 ozs of thin sliced roast beef
    1 oz chunk of cheese
    boiled egg
    BAS
    Stir fry w/ veggies and blade steak
    bacon
    dark chocolate

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Good for u Valmason01. I'm addicted to diet pepsi. Did u go to a park or just hit the streets. I have to walk KC but he is getting older and pants alot. So his walks are just long enough to go. Sometimes its hard to just walk instead of watching tv. I guess I just got to do it.

I have been walking in my complex. There is a trail here so I can actually get off pavement and into nature for a little while. I have gone to San Felasco before and loved it. Definitely on my to do list again. Spent the weekend at PC beach and got lots of amazing vitamin D and movement. I love the beach! Days I don't walk I do body weight exercises.

I am assuming KC is your dog? What parks do you like?

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Time to catch up. Spent the weekend at PC beach with amazing sunshine and water. Lots of movement and feeling good but not good food. French fries anyone? And a couple of sips of a chocolate smoothie. Back to reality...sigh...

I know better than to give in to those temptations but there ya go...Just picking it back up.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I have totally blown my challenge. So while everyone finishes up their 21 day challenge I am jumping back into day 1. Not just moving but eating too. I let things go last week and got into some carbs. There was a wakeup call yesterday (literally as my mother's phone call woke me up); Daddy was on his way to the hospital because his blood sugar plummeted to somewhere below 45 (that is what it was after two glasses of oj). He has had 4 or 5 heart attacks (I lose track) and at least 2 strokes. Diabetes on insulin. His father died at 35 of a massive heart attack. His mother died in her seventies of diabetes complications. He continues to eat however he wants which includes a lot of carbs, fried foods, processed foods, pizza, etc. I am so very very angry with him. But it reminded me that this isn't just trying to lose weight or even just to feel better though feeling good is way on up there. This is my life. We all die but I want to live until then. He is sick all the time and just can't do much without getting worn out. I don't want to be there at 70 or 80 nor 90.

All encouragement, ass kicking, suggestions and comments welcome

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

There is nothing like getting up in the morning and doing what you love. That said today I woke up with headache and had to force myself to go to work. I should have listened to my body. I am a speech language pathologist and work at three different schools with kiddos ranging from pre-k to 21. Primarily pre k thank heavens. Early intervention is how you change these kids futures. I work one day a week at the school for kids who are 'labeled' with Emotional/Behavioral disorders. Today was very very hard. One little guy..and buy little I mean he is maybe 8 and still in first grade, repeatedly called me a bitch, kicked at the walls, told his teachers to fuck off etc. He spent the first six years of his life strapped to either a car seat or high chair by his mother who is lower cognitively then he is at this point. He was living w/ the grandmother but for some reason is back w/ the mother. Another kiddo gets absolutely no attention at home so he will damn well get it at school. Those were the highlights. I saw one student being taken off in handcuffs. Not sure why. Today was supposed to be the first day I saw her. Several students threatening to harm, kill, etc either teachers or other students. Another one determined not to come to speech and sat on the floor the whole time. I don't know all the reasons why our children have become this way but something has to change. I think food has something to do with it though. Food is often used as a reward and I had to find a happy place there. I give them gum. Not the best obviously but better than candy and cookies and granola bars.

I did good on the food today and walked up and down stairs. But didn't make it outside for any length of time. Tomorrow!
    On the upside I am at my lowest weight since starting this. Got into a pair of denim capris I haven't been able to wear in over 10 years and wore a skirt I bought back in the spring that had a good inch gap between button and hole.
    Last edited by valmason01; 09-25-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

And a fail day. Not sure why this is so hard all of a sudden. I have gone 5 months with it fine and then boom...struggle after struggle. Can't quite figure out how to get back on the horse. Part of the problem I have noticed is that when I am below 30g of carb a day I don't have as much energy as when I up it. But my BS is still high. There is not a happy place there. Will get up tomorrow and get back to work..

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

My hunger is weird lately. About 3 or 4 hours after I get up I am hungry but it takes little to fill me up. Today I was stuffed and then all of a sudden just starving. Now I am sitting here waiting on grits to cook so I can eat which is horrible because..grits? corn? really? Yes I am doing that. I was going to make an MIM to go w/ sausage and realized I was out of flax meal. This was after arguing w/ myself over the grits and now being very very hungry. I will still be blow 100 g of carbs but I can't find the right balance so I have no idea how good/bad/neutral that is. Probably bad. So...one more not good day. Why oh why rabbit??

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

The good thing about this journal and forcing myself to be honest in what I am writing is I will be able to go back and remember what works and what doesn't. Grits does not work. Grits are grains and (at least in this case) not organic grains but GMO grains. And grains make me sick. I have spent all day not moving much, hurting all over, bad headache, etc. I should have know this. But they are gluten free right???? Hah. Silly silly me. So, it is now in writing. And a reminder when I think it is okay. Today has been good clean fats, protein and veggie carbs. Tomorrow I will feel better and the day after that even better. This is a journey. I will never arrive but I will damn well keep going.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast