Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Primal Challenge: Move like a Grokette! page 2

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I bought my first pair of five fingers! Woohoo! I wore them all over the mall yesterday. My calves did hurt some by the time I got home but how cool to walk around almost barefoot. I have spent as much of my life as possible barefoot, it is nice to be vindicated. The trick is going to be wearing them to school. The two problems I see is push back from administration and (more importantly in my mind) a distraction to the kids. So we will see how it works this week. I haven't been moving like a grokette lately. I have been moving more but not as much as I want/need/plan. Hopefully this will make a difference.

I think I need to start posting food and nutrient info for a while. Weight loss is good (2 lbs last week) but blood sugar is not. I want to try to pin it down once and for all.

I will start w/ yesterday:

2 cups of coffee with HWC/fake brown sugar/coconut oil (I know fake sweeteners are not paleo but the reality is type ii diabetes requires that or nothing, i go with that)
    1 diet coke
    1 quest bar
    steak and veggie stir fry
    cinnamon flax 'cereal' (no milk)
    dark chocolate
    cream cheese

Calories 1421 Fat 95 Sat Fat 45.5 Carbs 19.75 Protein 98
    CW-175 morning BS 144
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Went to the Dr. today. Blood pressure was 112/70..WOOHOO! Off of one of the BP meds. I am so excited! She also agreed w/ me that going of the HRT was a good idea. She said it may not work but everyone is different. So I am continuing this. That means 2 meds down and 5 to go! Down to 174. It has been 12 years since I have been at this point. I still want to lose another 40 or so but I am loving it so far. Love my Five Fingers too..! Exercise is still not great but I am moving at work and try to take advantage of that. Arms are still yucky and flabby. I need a change there.

So that is my week...
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12