Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defend or Bash: Article on embracing your sweet/sugar side page

superseiyan is offline Member

Defend or Bash: Article on embracing your sweet/sugar side

Primal Fuel
    McDougall Newsletter Just to be on the Safe Side: Don't Take Vitamins - May 2010

I just saw this article on a friends feed on facebook.

For me I was unaware that there was a social "unimaginable fear of sugar", I see lots of healthy minded folks gulping 40g of sugar per glass cups of orange juice for breakfast (I know "everything in moderation"). Fat? yes, people are very very scared. Sugar? No. It's in everything, unquestioned, and people love it--even "healthy" folks. I don't like how the article conflates starches and 'sugars', it makes the headline misleading and many will get the wrong idea off of it.

But what do you think?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    So, what sugar company was paying this sellout to write this nutritional tripe?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Stupidest thing I ever read...
    In what part of America is this true:
    "Uncontrollable cravings are caused by the Western diet’s deficiency of healthy sugars. People chew through platefuls of sugar (carbohydrate)-free beef, pork, chicken, shellfish, fish, and cheese without becoming satisfied. Then at the end of the meal they find a sugar and fat-filled dessert, a calorie-bomb of pleasure, a pie, an ice cream, or a cake." ???

Where do people eat a sugar/carb-free meal of meat and cheese with no sides of potatoes/pasta and crap???
    Since I have special needs and CANNOT eat potatoes many time I have to PAY extra for vegetables a la Carte instead of being subbed veg for the standard potato and free bread option that comes with the meal.

Bullshit.
    I eat the meat, pay for my side of veg extra, avoid the carby crap... drink my water with lemon or lime... and leave without even being able to consider dessert because I'm full and very satisfied.

Most people who eat sugar and carbs... are NOT IME. They just keep snacking and eating and snacking and eating.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-11-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    What a load of tripe. Sugar deficiency? What special snowflake America is he living in?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    This is one of the most terrible things I've ever read, and definitely gives me more motivation for my plans to someday become a naturopath. I posted the article on my Facebook--somehow most of my friends have good sense about nutrition and will "appreciate" this piece of shite. Horrible stuff. I mean, one of the headlines in the article is "Taking Advantage of Your Sugar Addiction." Really??? Ugh.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Whenever a CW article says "eat lots of meat" or "high fat diet" they mean pepperoni pizza or cheeseburgers. Nevermind that those types of meals are really full of refined processed carbohydrate, sugar and refined processed meats.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    That article was so bad I couldn't even finish reading it. What a load of horse pukey.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Read through that quote I pulled out of the article again... and see how clear he was being about "Western diet".
    He was very specific, crazy way off target specific.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    he's on somebody's payroll and he ain't even trying to hide it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

interzone is offline Member
    He's got his own line of prepackaged foods that you can order online. The brand is 'Right Foods' so of course they're loaded with only the very best: gluten-free pasta and organic cane sugar!
    Low Calorie Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-free Foods - Dr. McDougall's Right Foods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast