On most mornings I eat high omega 3 eggs and vegetables cooked in coconut oil. One or two days a week I eat Greek Yogurt with berries, chia seeds and a little coconut milk. I'm getting a little tired of this routine and am contemplating eating steel-cut oats. This summarizes some of what I've recently read about oatmeal.

"Foods rated lower than 54 on the glycemic index (GI) are considered low. Foods rated between 55 and 70 are medium-GI foods. Foods rated over 70 are high GI foods. The goal is to eat low-GI foods, or combine high-GI foods with low-GI foods or fat and protein to limit blood glucose spiking. Steel-cut oats rate low at 51, so you can eat as much of them as you want.

Oats are also high in soluble fiber. That means that not only do they digest slowly, keeping blood sugar levels low, they also help to prevent certain types of colon cancer. Oats also help to lower low-density lipoproteins by grabbing onto them and excreting them from the body before they have an opportunity to accumulate on the inside of the coronary arteries, which can lead to a heart attack."

What I currently read about oatmeal makes it sound like one of the healthiest foods available. I don't seem to have any sensitivities to grains, and I don't need to lose weight. Would eating oatmeal be a wise addition to my morning breakfast? Are the health benefits of oatmeal, as stated above, true or bunk?