Thread: Singing Primal Praises page

Kimber415 is offline Junior Member

Singing Primal Praises

Primal Fuel
    In a little over a month starting Primal which was completly new to me...I've lost almost 18 pounds, just got back from the doctor and my blood work went from being pre-diabetic to normal ranges, my cholesterol dropped to a low range so the doctor decreased my cholesterol meds that I've been on for 30 plus years in half. My tryglyceride's went from 227 to 101, now in a normal range. I am no longer considered clinically obese. i still have approx 44 pounds to loose and don't consider Primal a diet in any way, shape, or form. It's a way of life and I'm loving it. I have so much energy, I sleep so much better, you can't find me sitting on the couch anymore. I started the 21 day challenge yesterday and go back to the doctor in 3 months. Thanks for this site.....it's amazing!

Paleobird Guest
    Welcome and well done. Keep it up.

I remember passing that official marker from obese to just "overweight" on the BMI and the into the "normal" zone. People can talk all they like about the BMI not being a perfect metric (which is true for some people) but milestones like that still matter.

Have you started a journal yet? It's great to look back later and see how far you've come.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Welcome and well done. Keep it up.

I remember passing that official marker from obese to just "overweight" on the BMI and the into the "normal" zone. People can talk all they like about the BMI not being a perfect metric (which is true for some people) but milestones like that still matter.

Have you started a journal yet? It's great to look back later and see how far you've come.

Thank you so much....there is still so much for me to obsorb. Besides all the physical milestones, I've adopted the "fun" in exercise and been paddle boarding (LOVE IT), played frisbee golf (LOVED IT)....both a 1st for me and if my energy level wasn't so high and some weight off I may never have tried them. I started a journal of sorts on MFP. Short blog and keeping track of calories that way, even putting in my Primal Recipies to get accurate values. Still have a ton to learn. I'm in ketosis and really think that is the key for my body. At first I eliminated sugars and liquor, then when I started Primal about 3 weeks into my "diet", I realized I was getting way too many carbs in my cereals and fruits so have now eliminated all grains, added fats, added more protein and eating more veggies then fruits. Have tried several recipies and love them as well. Been on many bare foot walks....got my 21 day challenge book in the mail that I ordered the same day Mark's announcement of the new 21 day challenge came out...couldn't have asked for more perfect timing. Thanks for your kind comments....looking foward to this journey. FYI....I have that saying "Well behaved women rarely make history" as a magnet on my filing cabinet in my office....right next to the magnet that says....."It's better to have loved and lost than to live with the psycho the rest of your life." Have a great Primal Day......

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Wow, congratulations on having such a great success so far! It feels wonderful, doesn't it?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Wow, congratulations on having such a great success so far! It feels wonderful, doesn't it?

Yes it does feel great and it's only just begun. I use to toss and turn and not get to sleep at night....I went over a year taking 4 PM tylenol everynight, when I tried going off them I ended up in ER. Doctors knew nothing and I ended up weeding myself off them earlier this year. Still struggling to get to sleep....now living Primally...I'd say about 95% primally for less then a month, I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and stay asleep except for the once a night ritual of having to eliminate the water I've consumed. I'm looking forward to the next 44 pounds coming off and feeling even better. Now to figure out what to do with the arthritis in my knees?!?!?!? Thanks for commenting.....

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Healthy fats and oils will help your arthritis.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Perfect....so like coconut oil, olive oil and nuts....or having the husband rub the coconut oil in the knees? LOL....thanks again!