I got some blood work done yesterday. The nurse called me this morning and told me that my cholesterol is 296(LDL=191 and HDL=89). He also said that my blood sugar is 101 and that since I am over the limit of 99, I am essentially pre-diabetic. He said that I need to make an appointment with the doctor to talk about weight reduction and possibly medication to help with the blood sugar. He said the blood sugar might be a cause of diet, but it could also be a malfunction in the way my blood sugar works. He didn't say anything about cholesterol medication. Just blood sugar medication.

I'll admit, I know NOTHING when it comes to medical terminology. Is my cholesterol something to worry about? But more importantly.... what's up with my blood sugar?? I have been Primal since the Spring of this year. And I will be honest.... I haven't done so well on it. I eat pretty well for about a week or two(lots of fatty meat, eggs, some veggies and fruits). Then I will binge on every sugary thing in sight for about a week. So in reality, I have been on and off Primal since Spring of this year. NOWHERE near fully Primal.

Are these "cheat days" where I completely fall of the wagon the reason why I've turned pre-diabetic? What about my cholesterol? I'm a 19 year old female, 140 lbs and 5'1. I agree with the nurse that weight reduction is necessary. But what's up with the blood sugar thing?? Please help...