Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm essentially "pre-diabetic"??? please help... page 4

Theresa92 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just wanted to update on my situation. After hearing from one doctor that I was "pre-diabetic", I went to another doctor to recheck my fasting blood glucose and to get an A1C test done. Both levels came back normal. The new doctor I went to asked me what the last meal I had before I got the first fasting blood glucose done. It was my birthday and I had a slice of cake(carrot cake, mostly primal) and several glasses of champagne(probably not so primal). I usually do not have those high sugary foods, and so she explained that that could be the reason why I had an unusually high fasting blood glucose.

So, the verdict is that I'm NOT pre-diabetic. Makes me wonder why the first doctor was so quick to diagnose me as pre-diabetic without looking into factors that could of caused a temporary abnormal blood glucose level.

As for the cake, if anyone is looking for a REALLY tasty grain-free, and 95% Primal cake recipe, I highly recommend the carrot cake from this website: Carrot Cake - The Food Lovers Kitchen This cake makes an excellent treat for special occasions like birthdays.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad to know your sugar levels are normal! However, it IS important not to go on those sugar binges. You're only 19 now, which will protect you to a certain extent, but when you're 39 or so, the effects really COULD be diabetes, if you don't get it in check.

I've always had more of a problem with sugar than anything else, and the only way to dump it was to use sugar substitutes (I use erythritol and stevia) because I needed SOMETHING to help with the sweet cravings . It's probably not as ideal as just going sweetener and sugar free, but it DOES help.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234