Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bacon = clear complexion page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Bacon = clear complexion

Primal Fuel
    The more I increase my bacon intake, the clearer my skin gets. Granted I'm also avoiding all the toxic oils and sugar and carbs in general most of the time. But, wow, a couple of days last week I looked almost like I'd never had acne in my life. Like those lucky, small-pored people who walk around all perfect and have no idea how nice it is to have flat, uniform skin. Yes, lots of green tea and green apples and turmeric and cumin, too, but I've been using those forever. This bacon is a new factor, I've never relied on it so heavily for caloric intake before. Beneficial! I don't want to go over three pounds a week, though, because it will displace variety and other meats. But if you've been dying for one more weapon in the redness/zit war, maybe a quality bacon should be in your arsenal. A pound is about 2500 calories, so make sure to add some eggs and greens, maybe an avocado, to help round out the micronutrients. But for a few days now, I've pretty much lived on bacon.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I never had bad skin but since primal it became clearer. I don't know ehy but I do have 1/3 pound of bacon almost everyday. Together with 4 eggsand and avocado and tomatoes
    Billie trips balls

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    For variety, try the bacon precursor: pork belly. It's good slow-cooked in the crockpot. The fattier pork roasts are also very tasty.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Well, there IS a connection between gut health&insulin spikes to acne, and fat is good for both.
    I suspect going high carb is what's keeping me from getting that 100% clarity and perhaps more fat is the solution.
    Good thing avocados are back!
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

kitana is offline Senior Member
    All I had to do was reduce my carb intake, and I swear it takes off 5 years. Plus my (oily, super-sensitive) skin looks smooth and perfect and it's much less oily. I can actually make it through the day without having to wash and re-apply all my sliding-off makeup, or applying so much oil-absorbing powder that I look like a Kabuki actor. I'm sure much of it is directly related to hormones which are regulated by insulin.

After you realize the effects of carbs on your skin, you start to see it in others. I remember meeting someone new at work and thinking 'wow- they must eat nothing but bread and pasta, it's written all over their face'. Certainly not everyone is susceptible to it, but others (myself included) are not so lucky. It's definitely one of the things that keeps me in check - I can see any bad behavior all over my face!

Paleobird Guest
    IDK if it has to be bacon, but I find that the high fat ketogenic eating does great things for my skin. A vegetarian friend who I hadn't seen in a year or so told me the other day that it looked like I was glowing. I've totally stopped wearing makeup anymore.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Bacon is very rich in omega 6 PUFA's. They're animal-based PUFAS - arachidonic acid - not the linoleic acid found in vegetable oils. Increasing animal-based PUFA intake at the expense of saturated fat makes your cells "stretchier," which is why cold-water fish contain high levels of PUFA. If their lipid profiles were highly saturated like beef or lamb, fish like salmon would literally freeze and be unable to be flexible in cold environments. Perhaps the increased animal-based PUFA is making your cells "slipperier" and increasing skin elasticity. It's possible. Salmon or fatty poultry could have an even greater effect. I've heard of people improving skin with high intakes of fatty fish and nuts at the expense of other forms of fats. YMMV.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    For variety, try the bacon precursor: pork belly. It's good slow-cooked in the crockpot. The fattier pork roasts are also very tasty.
    Droolz.

I love me some pork belly.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    IDK if it has to be bacon, but I find that the high fat ketogenic eating does great things for my skin. A vegetarian friend who I hadn't seen in a year or so told me the other day that it looked like I was glowing. I've totally stopped wearing makeup anymore.
    like you ever needed it
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think the sulphites in bacon give me a headache, and I assume they aren't that good for you in general...

I think my acne problem lies in my gut. I'm definatelly far from a low-carb diet... I need to eat lots of rice because of financial issues.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast