Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bacon = clear complexion page 4

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    No, it's on the back. Which reminds me! Hot showers will still give me zits on my back, no matter what I'm eating. Try lukewarm or cold showers to really knock down the redness. I use icy water to rinse my face at the end of every shower, and it takes all the redness away - not just due to constricted capillaries, it seems, because it stays clean/white-looking for a day or two after a nice cold blast. Capillary activity should resume within hours at the most, right? Either way, COLD water helps a ton, whatever the exact mechanism.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

tests is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    I'm only here in the thread so excuse me if this has already been addressed. With acne that bad, I'd start with getting your hormones checked. Acne on the back suggests too much testosterone if I remember correctly. If the acne on your face is mostly around the jaw line that suggests insulin problems - do you test your blood glucose levels at all?
    thank you for the response linny. First and foremost, most of my acne on my face occurs on my cheeks (Breakouts are very sporadic, sometimes i breakout every 5-6 months, sometimes longer etc). I also get it on my forehead (sporadic breakouts, on temples), and breakouts on beard area usually due to shaving irritation.

I don't entirely think my acne on body is related to insulin resistance (i have tested glucose levels a lot before). 2 years ago i took oral antibiotics (doxycycline) for 4 months for a bad breakout on face and i think it is the reason my acne on my back is getting worse. Do you think leaky gut is the reason for my acne?

Regarding testosterone + body acne... how would decrease my test levels? Where would i get my hormones checked?

thanks

do you have actualy acne on your back, or small bumps? A lot of small bumps arent acne.. just irritation.

Acne is when it has pus in it, and leave discoloration

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Decrease testosterone? Why would you ever want to reduce such a thing? It makes you a man and for sure nature did not make it so something as helpful as testosterone that is necessary for reproduction, work against you? Unless there is the range of anabolic drug users, it's not your T-levels. Examine your lifestyle again, and see if it is all in check. This may help, but try to not compulsively wash and clean your self, especially your hands. Grok so simply washed(if ever) with pure water, of course we don't want to stink buy lay off harsh products and your immune system will benefit. Over-washing/bathing works against you. I wash my face with just water, I don't wash my hands beforehand(unless interfering with dangerous man-made products) and I feel much more in tune with nature.

a thought. If you REALLY want to decrease testosterone, go on a SAD or Vegan diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneketo View Post
    Decrease testosterone? Why would you ever want to reduce such a thing? It makes you a man and for sure nature did not make it so something as helpful as testosterone that is necessary for reproduction, work against you? Unless there is the range of anabolic drug users, it's not your T-levels. Examine your lifestyle again, and see if it is all in check. This may help, but try to not compulsively wash and clean your self, especially your hands. Grok so simply washed(if ever) with pure water, of course we don't want to stink buy lay off harsh products and your immune system will benefit. Over-washing/bathing works against you. I wash my face with just water, I don't wash my hands beforehand(unless interfering with dangerous man-made products) and I feel much more in tune with nature.

a thought. If you REALLY want to decrease testosterone, go on a SAD or Vegan diet.
    I don't want to reduce my testosterone if it is not the issue. If testesterone is causing my body acne, then that is the only option..

I don't wash my body with soap/cleanser at all. I do use soap on my hands though (is it necessary to use it when you take a poop), or before eating food, or is that all a bunch of bullshit?

i also have periods of a lot of stress... could that be the CAUSE of my acne?

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Calm the fuck down.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Yes. Calm the fuck down.
    Easier said then done. Trying my best

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Me, too. I meditate, zone out as often as possible. Daydreaming as it were.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234