Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal (TheodoraB.) page 2

TheodoraB. is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dinner at mom's house tonight !
    I just talked to her on the phone and it's really a business of negotiating for everything related to food.
    You really need to deal with it because food has always been a problem between us.
    She tries to stuff myself every time I go there, as if I did not eat at home.
    I just told her to cook me some fish and green beans while she can cook all that she wants for the others and all she replied was 'I'm going to make a good chocolate cake with ice cream on top for the dessert, and still wonders what she'll prepare for the soup before the main course...'
    I'm feeling heavy just thinking about it but hopefully I won't be tonight.

With my boyfriend we're going to Etretat in Normandy, France to hike for 4 days. I'm looking forward to be Sunday!
    https://levoyagedelola.files.wordpre...05/etretat.jpg

I'll try to prepare protein bars this weekend.
    I don't get upset about breakfast (I'll make egg muffins) or dinner but it may be a little harder to have a healthy lunch as we will be in the nature so I thought about protein bars...
    Before PB, when we went hiking, we had a pasta dish or a cheese sandwich on our bag.
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ― George Bernard Shaw

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012
    Before Primal : 198 lbs
    CW : 176.8 lbs

Calorie Counter

I did it at my mom's, only fish and green beans... with a glass of my favorite white wine (Chablis).

Today we're leaving to Normandy \o/
    Well it'll rain over there but I'm glad anyway, 4 days without setting the alarm in the morning, breathing fresh air near the sea and spending time with my beloved.
    We'll start with a 6 miles walk this afternoon.

I made protein bars for the trip and they're so delicious !
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ― George Bernard Shaw

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012

Calorie Counter

Despite the rain, wind and storm on Monday, we went hiking in the woods through the top of the cliffs for 3 hours.
    We were soaked but we laughed a lot.
    Tuesday, we had another 9.5 miles walk and 7.5 on Wednesday but a higher level. There were those in the sun.

6 months ago when we went for a hike and it rose a little, I was purple, I had trouble breathing and it was really hard for me to climb.
    Now, I can be a little short of breath but I recover very quickly and I'm not at the point of death as I were before, even if it climbs quite a while. What a change!

I could eat a maximum Primal, I would say 85-90%, mainly fish at every meal as we were by the sea and I had a bit of cheese.
    It's hard to resist in France, country of cheese and bread ! I did skip the bread though.
    As it was one month that I did not eat cheese, I wanted to see if I had an intolerance.
    I had heartburn, I don't know if it's because of that, I will repeat the experience sometime.
    I also indulged two glasses of white wine and 2 beers over the 4 days.

Now I'm back to 100% Primal.

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012

Calorie Counter

Verdict of this weekend... + 1 lb of weight BUT -4% of fat and I gained 8.8 lbs of muscles if my scale is correct. I hope so !

I woke up with a migraine, it's been a month since I had one. I hate that !
    I hope it will go away, tonight with my boyfriend we celebrate our first anniversary.
    Last edited by TheodoraB.; 09-28-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012

Calorie Counter

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary! Don't worry about the scale number, as long as you are always using the same scale the difference between early readings and later readings will be accurate enough. I gained weight early on too, but I could see that I was smaller. Muscle weighs more than fat by volume. It is a good thing, gaining muscle. (makes for beautiful curves!). The weight will come off soon enough! Sounds like you are doing great!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 231.6
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 31.5

Hi there !
    Thank you !

Everything's going great and it's pretty 'easy' for the moment so I won't complain
    My general health has improved in just one month.

How are you doing ? Still in the fasting mode ?
    After going Primal, how long did it take you to fast for so long ?

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012

Calorie Counter

I stick to Primal eating and it goes really well even if we had a few restaurants.

On the other side, yesterday, I was a bit lazy so it was just something out of the freezer for dinner.
    My beloved took a huge remaining dish of my favorite homemade pasta and eat it in front of me while I was having a steak with chards in tomato sauce... I hated him ! I really wanted to throw myself on his plate but I didn't, I resisted and I'm proud of it now.
    But I hated him though
    I had 4 eggs for breakfast and I was stuffed until now, it's 3.15pm. I'll have a few almonds because I'll wait for tonight as we have another restaurant planned.
    I checked the menu and know that I'll order lamb chops with rosemary and vegetables.

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012

Calorie Counter

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Sorry I didn't see your question from before. I was conventionally dieting from 1 Jan. to the end of April, and lost 20 lbs. (I lost more but gained it back). I started with Paleo in May and Primal in June. The fasting I started in September. I'm doing it every week since then.

Good for you for resisting the pasta! It is one of the few foods I really miss. I make it still for my family as I do the cooking and they like it. I hope I can gradually change them over to eating Primally, but it will take some time.

DC
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 231.6
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 31.5

Thanks DC

At the moment I really have cravings for pasta but I still resist.
    I'll probably have a spaghetti squash in the near future

I'm a bit nauseous, have headache and cramps in the back, I'm hot and cold... guess I caught something.

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012

Calorie Counter

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I didn't catch anything.
    On the other side I'm tired of this job.
    I'm on the verge of nervous breakdown.
    I can't scream here so I need to write it down somewhere...

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012

Calorie Counter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast