Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A primal woman in the making page

missennah is offline Junior Member

A primal woman in the making

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone

I'm a 27 year old Danish woman who lives in Copenhagen. 3 months ago, I decided to change my life - radically. For years, due to the loss of my father to cancer, I have been overeating and seaking comfort in food, candy, chips and bread. My mental health was bad, I was depressed, everyday was a struggle, and I had problems to study, keep my apartment clean, hang out with friends and just be happy... This late spring I went through some very hard weeks because I felt like giving up because hated my mind and body, the worst part was that I was so angry with myself - telling myself: "Why can't you take care of yourself and do what you have to do?"

I took a Hamiltontest (depression test) on the internet and the result was clear. I suffered from a depression, but for years I wouldn't admit that I needed help. I called my doctor, got an appointment two weeks later, and when the day arose, I was so afraid: "What if he told me the same - ust pull yourself together and stop being lazy?!"
    Luckily, he immediately said: It sounds like you have a depression and we took the Hamilton-test together and I was diagnosed with a severe depression. Finally, I had to doctors word that I was sick and not just lazy! He gave me a prescription, so the same day I began eating anti-depressives. They have helped tremendously on my spirit and general state of mind

One week before the appointment at the doctor, I was so sick and tired of my overweight that I began searching around Danish food blogs, trying to find some inspiration on healthy food. Somehow I ended up at Marks Daily Apple and also found Robert Lustig's videos about insulin and sugar.
    At that moment, I felt like this was the right road to a healthy body and a permanent weight loss. From that day, I only ate veggies, meat, fat and some few dairies. The new eating habits was easy to adjust to, I have never experienced any problems with e.g. headache. However my sleep felt a lot better, I got more energy and after one month I joined the fitness blueprint. The core movement are fantastic, but they were damned hard, but the hard work has resulted in an amazing transformation.

In 3 month I've lost 32 kilograms, which is 24.7 % of my total bodyweight. In centimeters, I am now 104.1 smaller! What a transformation. I feel happy, pretty, fit, healthy and sexy
    helfigurmeddatoer.jpg

My goal is to get a normal bmi, my current bmi is 26, and to get a even more fit and lean body which is why I have decided to a journal inhere so I can keep track of my progress.

I look forward to my jouney in here and to follow the rest of you cool Groks!
    Take care!

missennah
    Last edited by missennah; 09-11-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    ...The grass is always greener where you water it...

Lost 35 kilos and 121 centimetres since 25 May 2012
    My journal

Due to my laparoscopic surgery it seems like that my belly is hanging if you compare the last two photos, amazing how much impact 2 and a half week of no work out and relaxation has on the human body!
    helfigur5måneder.jpg

This month, October, I will focus a lot on doing my core movements, it's really important to be physically strong.

Status per 1 October 2012
    Weight lost since the beginning of my journey (25 May 2012): 34,9 kilos!

Centimetres lost since the beginning of my journey (28 May 2012): 121 centimetres.

The two "biggest losers" since 28 May: around belly with 24 cm and chest with 18,5 cm

From next month and on, I will update my measurements. Next taking photos/weighing/measurement-day is 1 November.

I literately have no photos of myself from my heavy period, but I've found this one which is two years old (I have no idea what my weight is at the time).
    oldme.jpg
    This photo is 2 weeks old
    newme.jpg
    Last edited by missennah; 10-10-2012 at 02:35 PM.

My journal

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Well done, missennah. What amazing progress in a short time. Keep going on the road to health.

Jerseyjim is offline Senior Member
    Holy smokes, 32 kilos in 3 months...awesome!

Love Copenhagen.

TheodoraB. is offline Member
    Wow ! What a change ! It just keeps me inspired to get the same results
    Keep it up !

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    Very well done, and good to hear from other people around Europe! (I have some friends in Copenhagen and I love the place)

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Great Job! Looking forward to getting to know you thru your journal...keep it up!
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

Thank you so much for your kind words - and it's nice to know that you like Copenhagen

Tomorrow I am having a laparoscopy due to a cyst in one ovary and one fallopian tube is filled with water, so they will be removed. This means that I have to rest and not lift heavy things for two weeks or so. I told the surgeon that it is impossible not to move around for weeks since I love my workout(s).
    My Grok-habits are to strong, but it just shows that my primal lifestyle is a part of my life. I'm pretty sure that the rest period not will ruin my good training habits, but at least I have the time to focus 100% on healthy foods and make a plan for my future workouts in my recovery period.

In February 2013, I am going on vacation to the Dominican Republic and I have every intention to be a hot beach babe at the time Oh, and I will be able to do 1 pullup in February as well - they are killing me.

Thanks for stopping by my journal!

My journal

My surgery on the 13 of September went fine, two cysts from my lower abdomen were removed. I've had a lot of pain, especially in my left side, and it still hurts were I do the plank, but I pretty sure it's because that my muscles and nerves in that area have been cut in.

So far, I will try to do my core exercises at least three times a week, do one ladder work out each week on bike and in my spare time I use my bicycle a lot (move slowly).

My journal

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Wow. What a tremendous transformation! Keep it up! Happy to hear that you are feeling better all around. It's really amazing what PB and MDA can help with

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast