Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A primal woman in the making page 2

missennah is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, I forgot to mention that my doctor and I have agreed on, if I feel just as fine as I do now, mentally, to phase out my antidepressives in two months time. It's amazing what I have accomplished in 4 months: losing 35 kilos and trying to recover from a severe depression. For each I kilo lose, the real me is becoming more and more alive, I've "found" myself again after years of misery. Life is truly good!
    ...The grass is always greener where you water it...

Lost 35 kilos and 121 centimetres since 25 May 2012
    My journal

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missennah View Post
    Due to my laparoscopic surgery it seems like that my belly is hanging if you compare the last two photos, amazing how much impact 2 and a half week of no work our and relaxation has on the human body!
    Attachment 9451

This month, October, I will focus a lot on doing my core movements, it's really important to be physically strong.

Status pr 1 October 2012
    Weight lost since the beginning of my journey (25 May 2012): 34,9 kilos!

Centimetres lost since the beginning of my journey (28 May 2012): 121 centimetres.

The two "biggest losers" since 28 May: around belly with 24 cm and chest with 18,5 cm

From next month and on, I will update my measurements. Next taking photos/weighing/measurement-day is 1 November.

I literately have no photos of myself from my heavy period, but I've found this one which is two years old (I have no idea what my weight is at the time).
    Attachment 9452
    This photo is 2 weeks old
    Attachment 9457
    Brilliant! Just brilliant. Congratulations to you and in your decision to 'choose life'. There are so many who can and will learn from you. Thank you for sharing your personal journey with us.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Brilliant! Just brilliant. Congratulations to you and in your decision to 'choose life'. There are so many who can and will learn from you. Thank you for sharing your personal journey with us.
    I like that... to choose life I hope that others with overweight and a depression can find some inspiration in this thread. My journey is not over and I still have a lot to figure out, e.g. what to do with my studies, but I am confident that I can overcome ALL obstacles now.

My journal

Todays workout:

15 knee push ups (I have like no arm strenght!)
    50 bench squat
    20 x lat pull down
    1:45 seconds of forearm/knee plank
    30 seconds forearm/left side knee plank
    45 seconds forearm/right side knee plank

I repeated this exercise twice

Food:
    Breakfeast: 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 panfried tomatoes, 1 cup of coffee with homemade hazelnut milk
    Lunch: 3 salmon meatballs, some homemade Danish remoulade, baked broccoli and red kuri squash.
    Dinner: Broccoli soup with some blue cheese and leek as garnish.
    Snack: some red cheddar cheese and some almonds.
    Last edited by missennah; 10-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.

My journal

My workouts are going just fine, and I have decided to make 1000 push ups in 30 days. At the moment, I can only do assisted push ups so the goal with this challenge is to be able to make REAL push ups

My challenge starts today - I've already taken 40!

My journal

Today I will be handing my withdrawal from my master programme at Copenhagen Business School. It's sad that I have to quit but for years I've had the feeling that my enrolment was a mistake, mostly because the lack of motivation and skills. I should have done this years ago, but my depression was holding me down. The job situation in Denmark is just like in the rest of world - bad, but I'll survive, I hope. Earlier this morning I was looking a jobs etc, and I got really frustrated and angry. So instead of feeling sorry and use my anger, I went to the gym, made all my push ups, the plank, some lat pull downs and squats. My body strength is increasing which is an amazing feeling
    My good spirit is back again.

My journal

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missennah View Post
    Today I will be handing my withdrawal from my master programme at Copenhagen Business School. It's sad that I have to quit but for years I've had the feeling that my enrolment was a mistake, mostly because the lack of motivation and skills. I should have done this years ago, but my depression was holding me down. The job situation in Denmark is just like in the rest of world - bad, but I'll survive, I hope. Earlier this morning I was looking a jobs etc, and I got really frustrated and angry. So instead of feeling sorry and use my anger, I went to the gym, made all my push ups, the plank, some lat pull downs and squats. My body strength is increasing which is an amazing feeling
    My good spirit is back again.
    You can always go back to school if that motivation to do so returns.

GREAT that you turned to exercise and not food when you were frustrated. It can be so easy to have a pity party with a tub of ice cream or candy.

I would be interested in hearing if the change in diet changes your issues with cysts and other gynecological issues. Since I started eating Primal, I've had a normal period every single month (4 months). I am 47 and my periods were coming every 3-4 months until I changed my diet (and they were very light). Amazing.

I spent years on antidepressants. They never quite got the job done. I feel best with high doses of Omega 3 fatty acids and proper diet. Good luck to you.

Oh, and you look beautiful. Powerful.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    You can always go back to school if that motivation to do so returns.

GREAT that you turned to exercise and not food when you were frustrated. It can be so easy to have a pity party with a tub of ice cream or candy.

I would be interested in hearing if the change in diet changes your issues with cysts and other gynecological issues. Since I started eating Primal, I've had a normal period every single month (4 months). I am 47 and my periods were coming every 3-4 months until I changed my diet (and they were very light). Amazing.

I spent years on antidepressants. They never quite got the job done. I feel best with high doses of Omega 3 fatty acids and proper diet. Good luck to you.

Oh, and you look beautiful. Powerful.
    I don't think that I will ever go back, but perhaps find something else. At the moment, I have no idea, the most important thing to have enough money to survive. I don't find happiness in a career, not at this point.

Actually, its quite interesting that you mention diet, cysts and hormonal (im)balance. I've been on the pill from I was 17 to 24, so in that period I have no idea how my period would have been. Before that, it was pretty regular. After I stopped taking the pill, I gained a lot weight quite fast due to overeating, and I only had my period twice a year. But one of the cysts was a dermoid cyst, but as far as I understood to the doctor, it had no effect on my period. I begun eating pills again this spring, because my gynaecologist recommended this - it could perhaps remove the "water cysts". I am still on the pill because I've found me the sweetest guy, and due to pain during my period, it is just easier to stay on the pill. However, I have thought about skipping the period for a period, just to see if "it works down there". And my healthy eating habits, weight loss and training should have a positive effect on it. In the beginning of December I'm going to a check up at the hospital, and I will ask them what they suggest. But of it works, it works, and if not... yeah, it doesn't work and I cant do anything about it

So you are not on antidepressives any longer, but you can keep the spirit good with fish oils? I do take extra vitamin D and eat one-two table spoons of fish oil every day.

Thanks for your kind words

My journal

Damonner is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

well congrats for your achievement only in a small duration, BTW I have only heard about such kind of surgical treatment to lose the weight but this is first time when i come across news of implementation. Really awesome. Cheers for your good health.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Damonner View Post
    well congrats for your achievement only in a small duration, BTW I have only heard about such kind of surgical treatment to lose the weight but this is first time when i come across news of implementation. Really awesome. Cheers for your good health.
    A laparoscopic? I think that it's a very common procedure

My journal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast