Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hiking shoe question

Shop Now
    For hiking the Treks are pretty good. You just need to make sure you are used to them, otherwise, in the winter I would get myself a nice pair of moccasins with sheeps wool inside. There is nothing more comfortable.

I finally made my own, Barefoot Ted style. It's completely amazing, after a few weeks of getting used to them. Perfect for hiking.

I have some homemade huaraches, but when you are going down a steep hill or if there's a steep side-slope, the toe thing thing is very painful. If the trail is pretty gentle they are pretty fun to hike in.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cath47 View Post
    Last year, august, about a year before going primal, I bought some expensive hiking shoes.... They were very confortable for about half an hour wearing them in the shop. Only this year I really got to use them... and they are not confortable at all while walking in the pyrenees mountains! After about an hour, my right foot feels crushed, my toes get hurt while walking downhill which really exagerates the pain in my big toes (hallux valgus tendancy), and I really, really felt clumsy with a pair of boots so big and stiff!
    About two weeks ago I received a pair of Vibram KSO trek shoes, and I'm trying to get adapted to them. So far so good! I've done two small one hour walks (with a little running in between), no pain at all!
    But I'm not sure if the KSO trek would hold up in the pyrenees mountains... sharp rocks and all.... What are your ideas about hiking shoes that I could use, can I use the KSO treks? (that is, if my feet would stand more than 6 hours walking in them! should probably train a bit more!)
    Another question, summer will not last forever (although last year until november I was still wearing my sandals!) and I just hate the thought of putting my feet in shoes again, what are confortable "barefoot" shoes to wear that look like normal shoes?

Thanks for your answer!
    Karine
    I do not know much about hiking shoes per say; i actually am trying to find some minimalist hiking shoes myself. however for minimals normal shoes, you should check a site called lems. they have zero drop shoes and different kinds. one is even a dress/work shoe called ninetofive.