Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Son of a b@@@h that hurt!!!! page

Paleobird Guest

Son of a b@@@h that hurt!!!!

Shop Now
    I just got stung by a bee. It's a warm evening and I'm sitting here with the windows open. We don't have much in the way of bugs here so I don't bother with screens. I felt this little tickle behind my knee and absentmindedly swatted my hand over it. YEOUCH! Stung right on the ring finger.

I got the stinger out and put some ice on it. Any other healing tips? Magic remedies?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Aloe Vera?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

meeme is offline Senior Member
    Cucumber dipped in vinegar it helped a child once...I did that with a hornet...Ouch!! Hope you're better already.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    snuff/tobacco powder and spit as a paste on the sting, that's what my mom put on me when i'd get stung

i don't remember how much it helped though
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Magic remedies?
    AFAIK, being stung is an old country remedy for a number of things. Maybe you got lucky.

Sorry to hear -- I've not been stung by anything more painful than a wasp. I was a small child at the time and polishing a brass=plated doorstep and one had got under the duster.

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks for the support guys. I'm going to take some tylenol and go to sleep. Hard to type one handed. G'night.

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    I once got stung by a hornet in my index finger (my fault). Never felt such intense pain before (and after). I tried ice and Aloe Vera (fresh from the plant) and one of these electric things that heat up, but only holding the hand high and ice helped a little bit...

I hope you could sleep and the finger is better now!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    snuff/tobacco powder and spit as a paste on the sting, that's what my mom put on me when i'd get stung

+1

When I picked up an ex-con in the desert years ago (long story), a bee flew into the car and stung my hand. He instantly tore open one of his cigarettes and gave me the tobacco - I spit on it, put it on the sting, secured it with a bandaid, and it worked like magic!

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
    I once got stung by a hornet in my index finger (my fault). Never felt such intense pain before (and after). I tried ice and Aloe Vera (fresh from the plant) and one of these electric things that heat up, but only holding the hand high and ice helped a little bit...

I hope you could sleep and the finger is better now!
    Hornet stings are the worst, I just ran cold water over it and swore profusely. I'm not sure which one helped more

Dang thing was still alive too, and as it occurred in my house I still had to find it and kill it afterwards; I thought I was gonna get stung again, it was intense lol

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    I was hitching a ride in the desert years ago when the driver was stung in the hand by a bee that had flown in through an open window. I broke open a cigarette and shook him some tobacco. He used some spit to wet it and packed it on the sting. Held it with a bandaid. He said it worked like magic!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast