Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Son of a b@@@h that hurt!!!! page 3

  1. #21
    DinoHunter's Avatar
    DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,071
    Shop Now
    Last summer I got stung right on the knuckle by a wasp (It paid dearly for that mistake....)
    Ive never really reacted to stings before but this time my knuckle swelled up started swelling up my hand in a pretty good approximation of an allergic reaction.
    Tried several things (Baking soda, vinegar. turning the corpse into a voodoo bee...)

    Took some Transfer factor (colostrum) after it was apparent it wasn’t stopping. all the swelling/stinging was gone within about 20 minutes. so if you have any colostrum supplements on hand its worth taking some
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

  2. #22
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I just got stung by a bee.
    As Nelson, from The Simpson's would say: Haaa Haaa

  3. #23
    Lynna's Avatar
    Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Newark, Delaware USA
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    My mother would make a paste of the two and smear it onto the sting. Not sure how well it worked, as I was never stung as a kid, but my brother and sister were. I recall her using the method on herself, too.

  4. #24
    Lewis's Avatar
    Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    My mother would make a paste of the two and smear it onto the sting.
    Why not? You'd get a good fizz if nothing else. It'd probably take the child's mind off the pain.

    I can remember as a kid dropping a spoonful of bicarbonate of soda into a bottle with vinegar in and letting it blow a cork out. Of course, I knew to use a robust bottle and to have the cork fairly loosely fitted.

    I can also remember wrapping a few matches in silver paper round the heads and putting them in a hole, then lighting the other end. I wanted to see whether confining the ignition of heads would do anything much. There was a fairly satisfying bang.

  5. #25
    solstice's Avatar
    solstice is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Posts
    471
    I keep bees and was stung in the boob this summer...I still have discoloration on my skin in that sting spot! Swelling and itching are probably to follow! My hubby agrees with the tobacco..I've used lemon juice.

  6. #26
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    Whenever a honeybee stings me I apologize to the wee girl.
    I'll live through it, she won't.
    Poor lil' fuzzy.

    Wasps are a different matter... I curse them, and may even hunt down the nest (knowing it will be nearby) so that I can wipe out the EVIL colony.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  7. #27
    JudyCr's Avatar
    JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    FL & ATL
    Posts
    1,035
    I love bees, too, would LOVE to keep them.
    Also love spiders, one bit me on the face once, didn't love that one,
    I was an ugly girl for awhile.
    But the fave of all in my greenhouse, lizards, omg, my little buds who will eat the devil aphids.

  8. #28
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    The Advil PM might have actually helped because it has Diphenhydramine in it AKA Benadryl
    That was my thinking exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Very interesting. Thanks, Lewis.

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Last summer I got stung right on the knuckle by a wasp (It paid dearly for that mistake....)
    Ive never really reacted to stings before but this time my knuckle swelled up started swelling up my hand in a pretty good approximation of an allergic reaction.
    Tried several things (Baking soda, vinegar. turning the corpse into a voodoo bee...)

    Took some Transfer factor (colostrum) after it was apparent it wasn’t stopping. all the swelling/stinging was gone within about 20 minutes. so if you have any colostrum supplements on hand its worth taking some
    Hmm. Don't have any colostrum but might be worth getting some since my neighbors have taken up bee keeping as a new hobby.

    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    As Nelson, from The Simpson's would say: Haaa Haaa
    Love ya too, otzi.

    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    I keep bees and was stung in the boob this summer...I still have discoloration on my skin in that sting spot! Swelling and itching are probably to follow! My hubby agrees with the tobacco..I've used lemon juice.
    Oh, now THAT would seriously hurt. You poor thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Whenever a honeybee stings me I apologize to the wee girl.
    I'll live through it, she won't.
    Poor lil' fuzzy.

    Wasps are a different matter... I curse them, and may even hunt down the nest (knowing it will be nearby) so that I can wipe out the EVIL colony.
    Nah, I'm with Dino hunter on this one. No mercy for either species. Poor lil' fuzzy, my a$$! Grrrr.

  9. #29
    twa2w's Avatar
    twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    307
    Cold water and ice can make a sting worse. Bee and wasp venom is thermolabile. This means it breaks down under heat. If the OP had run his finger under hot water - as hot as he could stand, the pain would likely be gone in less than 5 minutes. I have thrown peopel with multiple stings into a hot hot shower and in no time they were back to normal. If you wait too long with multiple stings the venom is in too deep to be affected by the heat and you may have other issues depending on the severity & location of the stings and you may have to seek medical attention.
    Cheers
    J

  10. #30
    phigment's Avatar
    phigment is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    349
    PrimalCon New York
    my brother as a kid, got stung inside his mouth. He couldn't eat for weeks. A bee crawled into his soda and he didn't realize it until it was to late.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •