Thread: Hi there from Melbourne, Australia page

Honey is offline Junior Member

Red face Hi there from Melbourne, Australia

Shop Now
    Hi everyone,

Hi - and a big wave from down under

I am from Melbourne, Australia - and I am ready to go Primal

I am 45 years old, wife of my gorgeous hubby and mum to two beautiful teenage boys Whilst I would like to lose a few kilos (or 6 LOL) I am mainly turning to Primal because I don't like how carbs make me feel. It makes so much sense to me - to eat the Primal Way - and whilst I have been receiving Mark's emails - and checking out the website every day - loving the Friday transformation stories - I haven't yet fully committed. Now is the time - and Mark's 21 Day Challenge has come at the perfect time

I just need to have a buddy or two that I can converse with and bounce of ideas - because I really am a newbie at all this and I would certainly appreciate any support I receive. In return - I would love to positively cheer on my new buddies - and I am good at that - I promise

So - I guess my first job is to start a Journal?? I shall do that today - I look forward to hearing from anybody that is willing to be my bud

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Well, you're in the right place. I heard Professor Cordain say on a podcast that when he saw the food available in the shops in Melbourne, he thought it was probably the best place in the world to be paleo in.

Best of luck.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Honey, and welcome to the Primal lifestyle. I can fully relate to your goals and can affirm that eating this way has made a huge positive difference to me, specifically in getting rid of those sugar shakes and carb cravings as well as the uncomfortable bloated feelings. It also makes weight management a breeze, in my experience. I am happy to cheer you on.

About me: 48, married, three daughters (only one still at home). Discovered primal June 22, have toned up, lost 5kg, and now trying NOT to lose any more.

My journal is called Annie's Primal Highlights, and we also have a NZ thread called Little Red Hen, if you want to find a few more friends from Down Under.

Don't be afraid to fully commit to the challenge, you will be amazed at the benefits. Best wishes, A

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    Hi there. I am in Melbourne too. There are some local paleo groups on Facebook you should check out.

Honey is offline Junior Member
    Hi guys and thanks so much for the welcome That sounds like an awesome recommendation Lewis - might have to try and download that podcast Annie - toned up and still lost 5kg and trying NOT to lose more - go you !! Well done - that is almost my aim actually - but I would really love to lose 7kg if I can - we shall see - I am determined to get bikini ready (even though I WON'T wear a bikini - it will be nice to know that it would look ok - does that make any sense LOL) for our trip to Hawaii in November. And the habits I start making will translate to lifestyle choices that I will then make forever - thats the goal anyway And hey there sigzephyr - could you please let me know the names of some of the local FB groups - that would be wonderful to have - especially for food inspirations and shopping ideas - thanks for saying hi x

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I'm another Melbourne-based lassie.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Honey, Welcome to this fantastic group of like minded people. We all share that wonderful way of eating in common - and its the best support network ever !!!!!
    wow Hawaii sounds awesome.... I don't think that I will ever be in kini again, but thats ok for this old Gwamma
    Kini and a zimmer frame ? just doesn't quite gel !

good luck with your journey !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Hi guys and thanks so much for the welcome That sounds like an awesome recommendation Lewis - might have to try and download that podcast
    I'll find you the link, then.

Maybe a bit of it was buttering up his hosts, who were Australians, but it did sound like you have an enviable range of good quality food there in Melbourne.

Episode #34: Interview with Loren Cordain (Author of The Paleo Diet) | Wellness Guys

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Hi Honey, and welcome.

You might find this thread (on where to find Primal foods) useful too:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread41431.html
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde