Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Spiralicious) page 9

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Random food sounds good though! And yay for dresses fitting better!!!
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    The random food turned out pretty good. The baconnaise was awesome! Back to the grind today.. I have zero meal plans. Uh-oh. Hahah oh well, coffee for now!

So I went out an bought a Big Ass Salad... overpriced, but fairly delicious, from Mucho Burrito. Romaine, carne asada, grilled onion and pepper, cheddar, tonnes of pico de gallo and guac. Cooking oils aside, not too bad, really. And very filling, I could only eat about 2/3 of it.

I'm thinking chicken alfredo lasagne for supper with zucchini noodles. Which I have pretty much none of the ingredients for. But I want some warm, creamy comfort food (It's freaking cold here!) and that is the best thing I can think of to satisfy that right now. Well, soup would be ideal, but time won't permit. I really need to start making bone broths!!

Same here! The bones still sit in my freezer. Closest I have come is cooking down some chicken thighs my husband picked up by mistake. Turned out yummy!!
    Journal

Ooh, how did you cook them? I admit, I bought a rotisserie chicken yesterday, and tossed the carcass... I probably should have made broth, but I know it wasn't great quality and my freezer was too full to keep it for later. (Yay for the inlaws randomly funding a Costco trip! Although, what does John come back with? Breaded chicken strips, french fries, and four containers of the most delicious (aka unresistable) but totally soy/canola oil-filled chili mayo. Well, my brother will eat it!) At least he got coffee.

The lasagne turned out.. not really like lasagne, but delicious! The zucchini was too thin to support, and I added too much sauce, but it was yum. I almost want to try again, and just embrace the soupiness - Creamy chicken vegetable baked soup. Doesn't that sound lovely?

I have some sirloin defrosting at home for tonight... what should I make with it?

So, I had an interesting experience. I *just* started reading F*** Calories, right before my lunch break (Free ebook, you can get it here) One of the first things she insists is that you eat more slowly and without distraction. As I've been trying (not really) to eat more mindfully, I decided to try it. It was HARD! I turned off my monitor, and left my phone in my purse. At first, I had to actively stop myself from engaging in these things, the way I usually spend my lunch break.

I also realized a number of things: I really don't usually chew my food much. The way the human mouth moves food around is amazing, weird, and a little gross. Lettuce takes a long time to break down. I still don't like chicken very much. Quiznos broccoli soup is so delicious. (I know it has wheat and soy, but it tastes like butter, and not flour-y at all.)

I also stopped and evaluated my hunger level halfway through the soup. I wasn't stuffed, but I certainly was no longer hungry, so I stopped eating.

I like this! It is good! You should do it too!

He had baked the thighs before I got home. I just threw them whole into the crockpot with salt, pepper, dried onion, and parsley. Put 2 cups of water, and let it cook on high for 4ish hours. Then I fished out all the skin, bones, and cartiledge. It was really good! But next time, I might try more water. There wasn't enough broth, even though what was there was very good!
    Journal

That's great, good to know you can do it with just a few. I will save mine next time...

I was inspired by the restaurant we were at on the weekend, so I tried making espresso crusted sirloin at home... SO GOOD! I just ground maybe a 1/4 cup of coffee beans to a fine, fine powder, added a healthy dose of garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder, rolled the steaks around in it, and pan fried in butter and evoo. Got rave reviews from both boys (including the one who doesn't like steak. Win!) Also bacon-y roasted cauliflower. Cuz all the things are better with bacon.

I have leftover steak for lunch today.. and no plans for supper. I tried to suggest sushi tonight, but got shot down Which is ok, if we went for sushi ever time I suggested it, we'd be broke. But now I have no idea what to make. The only thing I have at home is a ton of bell peppers (They were on for a good deal, I plan to freeze most of them) and some red onion. There's salmon in the freezer, but I'm finally starting to get sick of salmon after all the tonnes of freebies.. maybe I need to think of a new way to make it. Hmmmmm...

So I ended up making butter chicken last night, it was delicious! It turns out, I like coconut milk way better than I thought I did I often made vegetarian butter "chicken" before, it's sad, but I think this might be the first time I've actually made it with chicken.

Also, since I used chicken thighs, I have the bones simmering away in the slow cooker! Thanks for the inspiration, Em. Hopefully it turns out!

Once again, no lunch, and no dinner plans.. There's some leftover chicken, but not enough for 3 (probably 4, as niece K often eats with us after dance, and sometimes 5 if her dad joins us) Maybe I should stuff the bell peppers I have, bulk up the chicken with cauli or something.. this could work.

Scale is finally starting to drop again.. just have to keep it up! Now I'm wondering if it's worth it to tackle my coffee addiction... decisions, decisions.

Well, yesterday was a good day! I did have soup and salad from Quiznos again, I need to start bringing my own lunches again. Then we did do cauli/chicken stuffed peppers (even with salsa and cheese added, they were meh) and bacon brussel sprouts. I had one half pepper, two servings of the brussel sprouts and a couple slices of mozzarella. And that was it! Just need to have more days like that.

Sadly, I did forget my lunch AGAIN today.. and will probably end up at Quiznos again. I am craving sushi so badly though... John dear accused me of waking up in the mornings already plotting how to get me some sushi, and he's probably not too far off! lol

The last couple of days, we've had coffee in bed together before work.. it's the most lovely way to start the day - always puts me in a good mood. And it's Friday!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast