Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Spiralicious) page 8

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    let the butt kicking commence! Weekends are killing me too... Friday was an impromptu girls night out, and while I didn't eat, I drank a ton, and then ate the entire contents of my fridge when I got home. Fortunately it was primal stuff, but still not good. Then it was over to sister in law's for the fights last night, which meant so much dips and wings. And now I'm going to brunch for my niece N's birthday. At least there will be plenty of decent food there... I'm bringing a sausage and fall vegetable hash (it's an experiment, i'll let you know how it turns out) plus bacon and eggs and fr uit.

Ok, back on track! I honestly don't know what to do about weekends, there are just so many social events (and we lived away from all our friends and family for the last 4 years, and due to a combination of this plus mild depression, barely ever did anything social... so I will not be attending fewer of these anytime soon) and my will power is enough to get through about half of these. I'm just hoping at this point that this gets easier with time
    This weekend will likely be no better: We are starting curling with the in-law (which should be plenty of fun: play+slow mvmt) but I assume will be full of canteen-style temptation. Then it's out for dinner Saturday (at least I can usually just order steak and veg, depends where we go, I suppose). My MIL was like "Oh, this will be great, now that you're not vegetarian, we can go anywhere!" I take this in stride, as I've been given remarkably little flak about my hypocrisy... They really took vegetarianism as a personal affront. Fortunately, they could care less if I don't eat bread.

I will just have to be extra good during the week, I suppose. I fasted for breakfast, as usual. Had some avocado and some raw steak for lunch today. (Yeah, the raw meat thing it totally taking over...) And supper should be amazing.. Salmon, bacon-y brussel sprouts - roasted this time, I'm thinking, and maybe some cauliflower if I'm feeling ambitious enough! Also going to make some beef bourguignon for tomorrow.. Mah favorite! Although John dear is a little beefed out at the moment, after eating what he referred to as "cheese-filled meat footballs" (what I like to call hamburger cordon swiss lol) this weekend. Whatever, I will get the poor boy some chicken *rolls eyes*

Since the farmer's market here is now over (super cereal sadface) I am off to meet my egg-dealer in a parking lot. Shady!

We are going on a long-put-off date night tonight (aka using up some movie passes we've had for months). Our decade-old tradition is to go pick up gummy candies, and sneak them into the theatre... and tonight will be no exception. It's ok though, better than PUFA oil drenched pop corn and soda. And you can't be messing with tradition! Ok, I don't mean that, and I probably shouldn't try to justify these things. But it is what it is, and what it is is going to happen. Bahahaha!

Happy Monday, MDAers, happy Monday.

Last night went pretty much as expected.. which is all fine and well, but I need to get serious about this, I've just been slip-sliding backwards all over the place. I also need to find some slow movement that I can be compelled to do in the winter, walks are just not going to happen very regularly. I've been resisting joining a gym, as they've been a total waste of money in the past... but maybe.

I am going to cook up a storm tonight! I'm in the mood to cook, and then we will have amazing food for the rest of the week.
    John dear has requested chicken cesaer for dinner, which is just fine, easy to make... maybe I will cook up a little extra chicken.
    Also going to make the beef bourguignon I was going to make last night, as I already have all the ingredients. Nom.
    And going to make up a super huge batch of the "potato" (there will be no actual potato in this) bacon (there will definitely be plenty of actual bacon in this) soup.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    I need to make that soup. I think my husband got cauliflower yesterday, and we generally have bacon on hand. (Who wouldn't?) So, it must be attempted!

I feel your pain with the backsliding. Last night I actually had frozen pizza. It was about as cardboard-like as you can imagine. My husband had gotten them for the kids, and I was seriously completely exhausted from my last couple days of work. I was actually just laying on the family room floor reading to my youngest, I was too tired to get up and sit in the chair. So yes, I caved and had some of the pizza. It was not worth it.

Today, since I didn't cook yesterday, I decided just to fast until dinner time, when I will make an incredibly awesome dinner with leftovers!

Plus, I will try to be on here more to support you as well. We are in this together!

Thank you, I appreciate it. I have seriously put on more than I started with. It's depressing, because I know my diet is 1000x better than it used to be.. but not good enough to lose weight! But I've also been having things like chocolate almond milk and tortilla chips, it's almost like I don't even notice what I'm doing until after!

Seriously discouraged right now. Not like I'm going to give it up, or anything, I was just having such good progress and now it's all gone. Lame-o. Ugh, well I guess I will just keep trying to clean things up, surely it will get better?!

I do have a ton of good food though, so next couple days should be easy. John dear was laughing at me last night, because he said every time he looked over at the stove, I had a different meal cooking Also, got an impromptu weight session throwing around my extremely-large-for-his-age 4 yr old nephew just now!

Once again, I would like to make the resolution that I will have enough supper and then stop eating for the night. And one glass of wine I've got some good stuff. I shall check in tomorrow with my progress.

Blergh, story of my life.. more supper than needed and THREE glasses of wine! Dance again tonight, which is good - I need some inspiration! I think I should probably sign up for a class of some kind. Although it's probably too late now until after Christmas. Plus I'd be getting pretty busy. Niece's dance on Thursdays, curling Fridays, weekends are always busy - I'm genuinely not used to having a social life! lol

On a good note, John dear told me today that I'm looking slimmer - and he's not the type to just say that. I scoffed at him, as I still weigh more now than when I started, but maybe there's some recomposition going on there? Either way, I will take a compliment.

Yesterday was alright.. Went out to Swiss Chalet (bletch!) for lunch.. I had a quarter chicken and veggies (chicken was good, veggies meh) . And a bunch of John dear's fries, wow they were good! But we tried some butternut squash soup, and it was disgusting.
    And then we went to the inlaw's for supper. I love that I know if we're going to eat beef there, it's grass fed! They made roast, and it was unbelievably delicious. I bought some regular CAFO beef the other day, (I don't know why, sometime I feel like it's a waste of the good stuff to use it regularly? It doesn't really make sense) and it was completely disappointing. Damn it! My standards have been raised too high! lol

Did have a couple "fun sized" candy bars - FIL is so awful for that, he has one of those storage ottomans, and it is ALWAYS full of a variety of candy. Weight is the same, I feel like if I cut out things like the fries and candy, I might see some results again.. so, you know, maybe I should do that? Gawd, I'm dumb sometimes.

Thinking about cashew chicken for tonight.. It's not my favorite, but John goes over the moon for it, and I might have time to throw it into the slow cooker during lunch. And we start curling tonight! I'm excited

Peace, friends

Wow, curling was WAY more of a workout than I was expecting, I am sore! It was great, though. I'm looking forward to having something physical regularly scheduled!

We are going out tonight to see my Dad in a play, which should be fun. Also going out with the inlaws for supper beforehand, to a new, somewhat fancy restaurant. I am extremely excited, their menu looks fantastic. I'm thinking albacore bites and the sirloin oscar. Although they also have an espresso crusted sirloin that sounds interesting! Wine will be had (as always with MIL dearest... she's such a bad influence!) but I'm seriously considering fasting until dinner to make up for it.. it's already almost 3, and I haven't eaten, and dinner is at 530, so at this point I might as well.

And then tomorrow, we are going to carve pumpkins! We are such a bunch of kids in this house - board games, lego, nerf guns and pumpkin carving... with not a single minor involved! I love it.

Well, dinner last night was amazing! We had mussels and calamari and prawns to start (breading on the calamari was the only bad thing, but it was so good, I don't even care.) And my sirloin oscar was beyond delicious, barely cooked just as I like it! It pretty much melted in the mouth. Green beans cooked to perfection, and a simple house salad instead of the garlic mashed potatoes (I stole a bit of John dear's... they were dry, I wasn't missing a thing)

Also, apparently I need to give some credence to the whole body-recomposition thing. I wore a dress that I last wore in August, at about the same weight. Back then, John had to haul on it to get the zipper clip done up so it would zip. Last night, it zipped right up with no struggle whatsoever. I will take it!

I am going to make some homemade baconaisse today, and make deviled eggs with it.. Also marinated steak and bell pepper kabobs, and braised cabbage. Random food, I know - I'm just trying to use up what's in my fridge!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast