Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Spiralicious) page 6

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    I think I must live with the only non-vegetarian male who doesn't like steak. Whatever... Ribeye for me, chicken for you! On the plus side, John dear seems to be coming around.. We had a talk today about how IF'ing is a good thing as long as the rest of your diet it good (this appeals to him, as he doesn't really like to eat much throughout the day... but often will eat another meal after dinner) and he's pretty much dropped grains from his diet already... just needs to ditch the serious junk food habit.

I printed off Mark's shopping list to give him some guidance. He absolutely refuses to read up on primal, claiming that he believes what I say about it, and would rather hear my cliffnotes version, but that means he misses out on a lot. I've asked him to help keep me accountable, as often a gentle reminder will stop me from doing something I'll later regret - so not a word when I dip into the chips or candy... but decides to pipe up when I have a little rice? lol well his heart is in the right place.

In other news, I have developed an obsession with raw meat. I seared my steak for propriety's sake, but it was basically raw, and the most incredibly delicious thing ever.. and I only ate half, along with some buttered, steamed, organic broccoli, and was completely sated. Which means steak for lunch tomorrow!

Oooh AND I got 2 doz farm fresh, organic, free run eggs at the market today! The were sold out last week, but she said she'd save me some for this week Cheaper than the organic eggs at the grocery store (which are usually $6+, these were $5) and she says she does weekly deliveries to town during the winter! I'm so excited, I love eggs, but hate buying them at the store.

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Steak is by far my favorite food! Best meal, steak (medium rare) with a big side of steamed asparagus. I think it is great you have some one near by to keep you accountable. It is a good feeling when you have that encouragement. It is also nice when you have some one to spill your food thoughts to. I love to cook and learn more about nutrition but it is often not a topic others get in to.

Do you think steak has more satiety power when it is not fully cooked? I find it very satisfying

Hope today was another good day for you!
    p.s congrats on being down 4 pounds great accomplishment
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

socoolnanny is offline Member
    Wow, good weight loss. Really happy for you. Debra.

Thanks, guys! I'm feeling pretty positive despite a few slip ups here and there... no binges though, so that's good, and I did not have any of the garlic bread or the gourmet cupcakes at my nephew's birthday dinner last night! And it didn't bother me a bit, I was more than happy with steak and homemade cesaer salad and a little bit of potato.

Also, I am a super happy camper right now, because my FIL has found a place just outside of town that sells grass fed and FINISHED beef! I could only get grass fed, grain finished before now, unless I wanted to drive 3 hrs round trip to get it. Which I don't. And better yet, they bought a ton of it (he is not primal in the slightest, just really likes quality meat) and gave us some... and they're going to buy a whole or half cow in a month or two! Which basically means I have a FREE supply of the best cow money can buy for the winter.

Good couple of days! Yesterday was:
    No breakfast
    Steak and broccoli for lunch
    Dinner was steak and chicken fajitas in lettuce wraps.. so good! Piled sauteed onions and peppers with the meat, added avocado, sour cream, salsa and cheese. Nom!
    Then I went to bed early.. I have been getting a LOT of sleep lately, and it's been nice.

Today I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, then we went golfing - I'm not fantastic, and usually find my muscles are very fatigued well before 18 holes are through... but this time I felt great! Shot well too

Ate a LOT this evening, mostly good.. I did overeat, but it could have been worse, plus I didn't have any lunch. Had sushi (salmon sashimi and spicy salmon-avocado roll) some tortilla chips and dip (this was the worst of it) some homemade trailmix (raw almonds, dark chocolate, sunflower seeds and currants) and a glass of wine. And a piece of cheese. It was good. lol I am a little too full now though.

And tomorrow we have TWO Thanksgiving dinners to attend.. A couple hours in between, but still. My problem is, John's dear's family's is always earlier, and I can never resist eating then, even though I like my family's cooking better. But my will power is reaching new heights lately.. so we will see.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    So glad you are having such good success! That's got to feel really good

Thanks!
    Thanksgiving was definitely not primal, but I ate way way less than I EVER have..For once, I didn't feel stuffed to the point of sickness!

Weight crept back up to 163 this morning, but I'm sure that's a combination of slightly less than ideal eating, plus some lady-time related water retention. I'm not going to sweat it.

Today is a stat though, and John dear is off golfing, so I have the day to myself to get 'er done! Time to clean, cook up some food for the week, and get laundry done.. not the most exciting day, but it will feel really good to get that stuff over with. Which means I must get off the internet! lol
    Later, grokettes!

Ugh, I am officially not weighing myself again until my period is gone! This had better be water retention :/

I finally put in a quality weight lifting session yesterday... and I'm feeling it today!
    Since I can't do an actual pullup, I decided to start doing eccentric pullups (ie lowering myself from the bar) Still really difficult! But I did 6
    Also did some squats, planks, and other arm exercises with 2x10lb weights.

But this is how it goes... I do this once, maybe twice, then peter off again. I just don't find it interesting. But I wanna be a toughie! lol Well, this journal has helped me stick with other things, maybe it will work for this too.

Shredded beef pie with turnip/cauli topping for tonight.. made with my grass-fed beef roast! I can't wait.
    And I brought leftover steak, and a couple hard boiled eggs for lunch. Back on track for real!

Week 2 of the unofficial 21-day challenge has begun! All it needs to be is a little better than last week

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Me too...Here's hoping for water retention! *crosses fingers* I don't plan on weighing myself again until the weekend.

Beef pie sounds good...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was going to steal the Thanksgiving leftovers from my in-laws, and make turkey cottage pie, but they didn't have much! For a first.. they always make enough to feed a couple armies. But I'm ok with beef pie, I will steal the leftover turnips for this purpose!

On another note, I am very excited to announce that hubby is OFFICIALLY on board! We were talking about food for lunch, and he made some comment about how convenient sandwiches were, but that they didn't really work with our way of eating I feel so bad, because I encouraged him to eat less meat, and eat more beans, lentils, SOY! and so on when I did that whole vegetarian thing.. It's funny, because even at the time, I had a heck of a time defending why I was doing it - just a vague sense that it was the right thing to do.. and now that I know better, and have the science to back it up, I really want him to eat right, and feel much more strongly about it - but the poor guy just puts up with whatever "weird food craze" I have going on at the moment! But he does understand. And is extremely not bitter about all the crap I put him through

I got one of the good ones.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast