Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Spiralicious) page 4

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So, probably for the exact reason that I packed a tonne of awesome food today (leftover salmon cakes and greek salad, and some slowcooked beef) I was obliged to go out for lunch today.
    We went to the nearby Thai place, which is really not too bad, as you can order a plate of meat and veggies there - I'm sure it's cooked in seed oils and god only knows what's in the sauces - but all things considered, it's one of the better eating out choices. Not that the choice was mine, or anything.

Anyways, the moral of the story is: There was a huge plate of communal spring and salad rolls... and I didn't have any! They were seriously calling my name, so I consider this quite a victory.

I'm feeling really good in general, and it's been getting easier to stick with things. I think breaking it down to a week was a good idea; even 21 days felt like too long to go without lapsing, but I know I can get through just one week. And then just one more, and so on and so forth.

It's really nice out today too, I'm going to see who I can get to go for a nice long walk with me tonight! Seester dearest is usually willing, but John dear apparently only likes to go when he gets jealous that I'm going with someone else! Geez...

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Here we are, one day closer! You are doing awesome!! Next week, we'll go again

Ugh, I feel absolutely terrible. I had a huge binge last night, so not good!
    We went over to a friend's house: I even ate before, and was planned to refrain... but I did not. I stuffed my face. With bread. And various fried things. And rice krispie squares. And too much wine.

I regretted it almost right away.. I officially cannot do this anymore! It used to be that after an evening of unhealthful eating I would feel a little icky... but I'm gassy, bloated, head achy, lethargic - I just want to go home and back to bed so badly!
    Geeez.... well, I guess I learn my lesson! Oh well.. not that I feel like I'm going to want to eat anything today, but you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be damn clean food if I do! Sigh.

I have found that when I drink, it's MUCH easier to justify eating crap. Especially if it's staring you in the face. This is part of why we are not buying alcohol. Plus it's expensive and I'd rather spend our money on food.

Pick up, move on, and remember how you felt. You can get back on track

So true! All of it, lol.

And really, it's a bit rich to complain about the expense of grass-fed beef, when I buy a bottle of wine a week!

And seriously, there is no way it is worth it. I felt awful all day! (And not hungover awful - I didn't drink THAT much) Very unhappy digestive system and so incredibly sluggish... I've heard other people complain about increased sensitivity after giving such stuff up, but that was my first personal experience!

It really will make you physically sick eating that stuff again! I found that out after a week of visiting my folks in Arkansas over the summer. Week full of trying our best when Mom was cooking or it was all eating out...The day we headed back, we had McDonald's one last time, mostly so we could eat in the car, and I actually got sick.

No more fast food. Ever.

Pretty much how it's going to have to be.

Since yesterday was very much a recovery day, I didn't eat much - no appetite for the most part!
    I had a small bowl of leftover stew for lunch, and a late dinner of pork, cabbage and cauliflower.
    (Introduced my niece to mashed cauliflower, she was a fan! Whoohoo! She may eat total crap the rest of the time, but she WILL eat well at my house!)

I feel much better today, the bloating is down, and I have energy again! And that's only a couple sips into my first coffee
    I'm not hungry yet, and I don't have much food with me, just some pepperoni sticks and some smoked salmon, so I probably will take it easy on the food most of today. I'm looking forward to dinner anyways: Stuffed chicken breast (I'm thinking maybe goat cheese, red onion and spinach? And bacon. Maybe I'll wrap them in bacon. Ok, this is getting more exciting! And broccoli and cauli with some cheese sauce, and I think some cesaer salad.

And I have Seester Dearest lined up for a nice hike through the woods tonight! I'm very very much looking forward to that
    Also, the two of us are trying to convince our mother to have a cabbage roll making day (not totally primal due to all the rice, but my baba's cabbage roll recipe is the most amazing food in the entire world - if I had to live off of one food for the rest of my life... yeah.) Just in time for Thanksgiving (which is Oct. 8 in Canada). But I think I'll have a go at doing it myself if she's not up for it (she's Ukrainian only by marriage, and has to be wheedled into making cabbage rolls even though she's very good at it!) - I have a couple heads of cabbage from the farmer's market sitting in my freezer, ready to go! And apparently you can get salt pork at SuperStore? Will wonders never cease?

So, basically out of my former habits of eating when it's meal time regardless of hunger, I decided to treat myself to some sashimi. (I do love that raw salmon is my 'treat food' now) But my sushi place is closed for renos!
    Rather than taking this as a sign from the gods that I should eat poutine (which is the most wonderful thing in theory, but even before I went primal it never lived up to expectations.. but I would never believe this the next time I craved it.. so strange)
    I went back to work, and drank some water.

As I said, I really wasn't hungry anyways. And they reopen on Monday - maybe I can make this a date night, rather than a unnecessary solitary lunch!

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 163.5! I remember reading something elsewhere on the forum about not counting a weight until you've seen it 3x in a row... Which is great advice. But I was pretty stoked, and it's those little drops that keep me seriously motivated! I know it's only been 2.5 pounds lost altogether, but a couple more pounds, and I will add my weight to my sig

And I've still been cheating a little - a cookie here, and handful of chips there.. No more binges, thank you very much, but I haven't been 100% clean. Although I made the mistake of trying some microwave popcorn.. Geck! Cardboard and a chemical that slightly resembled butter is what I tasted! So gross.

On a more positive note, I finally tried using zucchini as noodles. Ermagerd, so genius! It was completely delicious. I don't really miss pasta, but I do miss all the wonderful flavour combinations I used to put on it.. Meatballs, alfredo, carbonara... Here I come!

Well, yesterday was great for a variety of reasons

I did a totally unintentional IF: I woke up late, and then was trying to get stuff done before going over to my Mama's house to make cabbage rolls, and totally forgot to eat, so didn't have anything until 6. And I felt perfectly fine!

Also, my niece (wait, I actually have a few nieces, who I apparently talk about a lot... so I shall dub them with their initials.) My niece R wanted to someone to go to the park with her before dinner, so I volunteered, so basically did my first fasted workout Nothing crazy, but did do some sprints (ie I'll race you to the ) and some heavy lifting (ie, me) on the playground. And bonus points for play and sunshine!

Supper was meatloaf and gravy, and tomatoes and cucumbers from their garden. Everyone else had peas and potatoes to, but not I! And then I got sent home with a ton of cucumbers (I'm so making pickles) and an anonymous squash that someone gave my mom from their garden, which she took forgetting my father hates squash. We think maybe butternut? Whatever, I'm going to make a sausage hash from it, whatever it is.

I did have some sausage and some Camembert later that night, but that was honestly all I ate that day. Rang in at 163.3 this morning, so I'm feeling pretty good!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast