Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Spiralicious) page 3

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    True, and now tomorrow is today, and today is going to be good! I really appreciate the support, guys.

The scale has been religiously stuck on 164.4 for the past 5 days or so.. which is good in the sense that it's lower than my starting weight, and I haven't gained anything back... but clearly I'm not being strict enough to see results, and I want results, dammit!
    And I'm starting by making today good.
    I've got leftover roast and tomato-avocado salad for lunch, and an apple and almonds if I really need them... Just need a plan for supper, hmmm....

And on an unrelated note, we are going shopping for a big comfy chair tonight (Our living room really does not have enough seating) and visions of cold days, warm blankets, hot tea and good books are dancing in my head

Well, this weekend was interesting.. Activity-wise, it was very primal, eating wise, not.
    Saturday I went for a nice long hike with my niece through the woods.. Her flipflops broke not even halfway through, so we both went barefoot! It was wonderful, a great mix of slow movement, a few sprints, and lots of play! Plus some straight up good quality bonding time Then yesterday John dear and I went golfing at this adorable little 9-hole par 3 course, and then picked a bunch of crab apples from his mom's tree for her to make jelly with.

But there was a lot of eating out at fast food places, and while I did manage to avoid the grain (all but once ) it was not good. Too many potatoes for sure. And sub-par meat. Bleh.

But SERIOUSLY, I am recommitting. I am going to have a primal week. 7 days. I can do that. And I will cross next week's bridge when I come to it. Also, I have completely ignored my goal to start lifting heavy things, so that will start this week too. No, today!

I did make efforts to be more prepared this time too.. I planned out the next 6 dinners, bought the majority of the ingredients, and did some prep work - chopped all the hardy vegetables, got some chicken marinating for tonight (I was going to make chicken cesaer, but I think I will have to try that green goddess dressing Mark posted!) so at least my dinners will be easy to stick to!

Honestly, I think I would be better off doing the limited window of eating thing.. at least until I can get in the habit of prepping my food the night before. Best case scenario, I get salad ingredients from the nearby grocery store for lunch, but there's a lot of tempting non-primal fare nearby. And really, I'd rather spend my lunch break going for a walk anyways. But I have to stick to good eating the rest of the time to make that feasible, so it's all interrelated.

Ok, well sorry for the rambling post... but here's to a good week!

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal week! Me too!! I'll help you stay on track and you can help me

Are you able to make enough food for leftovers? I find that when I'm able to save back at least a lunch portion for myself, it's MUCH easier to stay on track at work.

Also, if you need something heavy to lift, I can loan you my 9 year old

I try to make enough for leftovers, but often it just doesn't happen... Living with two grown men does not help! I just need to get in the habit of making even larger batches.

And I did some squats with the water jug when I went to change it today... I think I will have to sneak into the storage room for some weight lifting sessions, they are definitely plenty heavy!

But, yes, let's just have a nice, strict week, and see where that gets us... I keep justifying little cheats saying one time can't hurt.. but it all adds up to WAYWAYWAY more than one time!

Today has been good so far though:
    Almonds, a pepperoni stick and a couple hard boiled eggs, and some apple with raw almond butter. A little carb heavy, but nothing I'm ashamed of

I agree, it seems the more we justify the 'little things' that won't hurt, the more little things there are. If we aren't' careful, we'll wind up back at square one.

Yes, exactly. That's how it happened to begin with, right?!

Yesterday was quite good though... I had a very bacon heavy supper, I'm sure you would approve! Chicken caeser with homemade dressing and bacon, and bacon-y brussel sprouts. It was the first time I had had brussel sprouts in forever (Who doesn't remember hating bland boiled brussel sprouts as a kid?) but they were amazing delicious, and both the boys approved too, so they will definitely be making a repeat showing!
    Only iffy thing I had yesterday was some chocolate milk... but well under 20%! All in all, it was a great day.

Okay, 1 day down, 6 to go! Sadly I weighed myself this morning, and it had crept up a pound (that would be payback from this weekend) but I'm hoping this week can be a weight loss kick start. I'm really really sick of hating how I look in pictures.

I can absolutely understand hating being in pictures! I still don't like seeing myself, even though I've made great progress...I need to weigh myself this weekend, been awhile and I need to see where I am.

I will have to try some bacony brussel sprouts. I saw something somewhere for making them shredded?

Hmm, that would probably be good too! I just trimmed them and cut them in half, parboiled them, and then sauteed with bacon grease and red onion, then added the crumbled bacon at the end. So good!

That sounds awesome!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pretty good day yesterday..
    Breakfast: Pepperoni stick and a hard boiled egg
    Lunch: Small steak with mayo
    Dinner: Sweet potato salmon cakes and Greek salad
    Snacks: 2 glasses of red wine and one chocolate caramel

Obviously the snacks were pushing it a bit, but compared to my usual night-time binges, that's a huge improvement.
    Have undone the damage of the weekend, now I just need to stick with it this week, a hopefully actually lose a pound or two!

Oh, and I sort of tried to exercise a bit! lol Did some squats and free weight arm exercises, and jump rope sprints.. Not going to lie, it was pretty tame, but at least I got moving

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast