Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Spiralicious) page 2

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    So, tomorrow is the birthday of one of our good friends, and they have planned a whole day celebration, starting with a potluck brunch. I decided to bring quiche, which admittedly I have not made since the pre-primal days. I toyed with the idea of making one with a normal crust and one grain-free.. but decided against it. Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of shoving any dogma down anybody's throat... But I don't see why I can't make a delicious quiche so people can shove some primal goodness down their own throats, right?

I probably should have tested these out in advance.. but now there's no time, so I'm going to do two styles of crust just to hedge my bets. I'm thinking:

Prosciutto crust with asparagus, red onion and goat cheese
    Grated sweet potato crust with leeks and bacon. And some kind of cheese.
    Nom.

So, tomorrow will really be a test of my commitment. Historically, I have not done well in social situations, although I was a grokstar last Sunday at my Grandma's birthday (You should have SEEN the desserts I did not touch!) but only after failing miserably at a bbq the day before.

There will be primal food for brunch (Eggs and Bacon, plus my quiche, at the very least) I will definitely have a mimosa, and I'm ok with that. We are also going out for dinner, which is more likely problematic, but I am going to check out the menu beforehand, so I already have a good choice in place. Hopefully Bad Spiral doesn't take it upon herself to change it. That girl is going to get a beating one of these days. Also, I'm sure lots of drinking is planned for after, but I will be driving, so it that makes it much easier to resist... I should pack a snack though.

Alright, I am going to consider tomorrow "The First True Challenge of the 21 Day Challenge."

Today might be interesting. I did not sleep last night. I mean, I suppose I got some sleep, but I went to bed much too late and then my lovely little kitten (who's really not a kitten at all, but she's quite a bit smaller than Fatty McFattenstein, so she'll always be "Kitten") decided to loudly play with everything in my room. All night. And then had the audacity to think we were still friends in the morning. I locked her in the bathroom while I showered. I don't really think she considered this punishment... but for some reason it relieved my feelings a bit.

But honestly, that was the worst sleep I've had in a really really really long time. I'm usually a good sleeper, and I do not handle not sleeping well well. And my coffee tasted funny this morning. I wonder if the cream's off. Anyways, because of my poor sleep (I think) I was hungry first thing this morning, so I had eggs and bacon before work - which I never do. We eat eggs and bacon on the weekends, when we roll out of bed around 11. Point being, it has completely messed with my schedule... let's see how this pans out, I suppose.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain with the lack of sleep today! After about 2 hours I was awake every single hour. All night long. Hopefully you will get through your day ok, and get lots of rest (and bacon and eggs!) this weekend

Same to you! It's no fun, eh? I am a big fan of the nap, but mine usually turn into 3 hour affairs, so not necessarily recommended! So very glad it's Friday.

But have a wonderful weekend, EmeraldRose

Thanks Spiral, you too! The wether here is supposed to be beautiful, so I plan to spend as much of it outside as possible.

A nap would be perfect! I don't think they'd appreciate me napping on the job though

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I had an off day today too - cranky from PMS, ate a little pastry but I'm back in 100% tomorrow. Try to hang in there, psychologically you're tempted but you KNOW you don't SERIOUSLY need it. Keep us updated, we all want to see you succeed

A genuine thank you to you, Golan. I think that's EXACTLY what I needed to hear to keep a slightly sub-par day from turning into a neolithic downhill spiral. No pun intended! Bahahaha!

Well, the last 4 days have been up and down.. Some really good choices, some really no-so-good choices, and a few mediocre ones.
    Highlights: Good choices made at brunch Saturday (my quiches turned out fantastically!) and dinner (at a crappy restaurant, so not actually very good, just the best available - steak, veggies and salad, which were all bleh)
    Also made really yummy stuffed bell peppers with cauli and sausage Sunday, and glazed drumsticks yesterday.

Lowlights: Nachos. Taquitos. Strawberry Mousse. Pizza. Sigh. Actually, I take the strawberry mousse back. It was delicious, and totally worth it, homemade with lots of fresh strawberries, whipping cream and gelatin, and not a ton of sugar. The other stuff though... I regret.

Altogether, I'm probably hitting a 60/40 split.. maybe 65/35 at best, so I will make it my goal this week to improve on that!
    Lovely roast in the slowcooker for dinner with the folks, going to serve with mashed cauli and mushroom sauce... Mmm and maybe my Momma can bring some of her garden tomatoes - she and I will be the only ones who eat them, but that's ok!

I think I really need to start cooking massive amounts of stuff ahead of time so I can grab it quickly... lack of planning seems to be my downfall. That, and the night snacking still. Well, it's finally getting cold enough to drink tea, I will try to distract myself with that.

Yes, it's tons easier when stuff is mostly or completely finished and you can just grab it and heat it up. The one big issue I've had has been trying to get stuff cooked/chopped/washed/grilled on the weekend, so there is less to do during the week.

Try not to worry too much about the lowlights. Easy to say I know, but sometimes you hust have to do the best you can...

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't worry girl, you'll be back on track soon. There's always tomorrow.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast