Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Spiralicious) page 11

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    So sad, we had hardly any kids last night.. so of course that means there is still a ton of candy in the house! I haven't touched any of it, which would have been unimaginable a couple months ago I made my brother take some of it to work.. watch, someone at his work will be on here, and they'll post on the gripe of the day thread: "Everybody brought in their unused halloween candy.. and someone had FULLSIZED chocolate bars?! Who thinks kids need that? Especially on Halloween! What horrible people..." lol

Anyways.. the scotch eggs are gone, so for breakfast I have beef/cabbage/carrot slowcooked. And a couple hardboiled eggs. Finally getting a bit of an appetite in the morning...
    If I have lunch, it will be more of the leftover chicken soup. Plus more beef and/or cauli soup for supper. So, I'm set!

Oh, also did a quick LHT session last night... it probably should have been more thorough, but it's something.

Another good day yesterday. I had my hardboiled eggs for lunch, and my boss-lady (aka MIL) brought in some brie, and insisted I have some... brie is like my crack, people! Can't say no to that shit! But I shall not beat myself up for a moderate amount of dairy
    I had another bowl of cauli soup for supper. My appetite has been dropping off pretty drastically the last couple days, I have to remind myself to eat dinner, and have had no desire to snack afterwards! Whoohoo! Let's hope it sticks!

I have some pork breakfast sausages for breakfast today (not the best quality, but they taste surprisingly ok microwaved) and one egg. I still can't seem to eat more than about 25 maybe 30g of protein at breakfast. I'm just going to accept that as ok for my body, as I haven't been overeating later.
    I didn't pack a lunch today, I will hopefully just IF until dinner.

And for dinner, we shall have: Breakfast! Hahaha My brother has been requesting this lately, I don't really understand why he's so into it, as we have awesome breakfast food almost every weekend. But that's ok. That's what I really bought the breakfast sausages for, so we'll have those, and I'm going to try making banana pancakes (without any sort of flour).

And then I impulsively invited BIL and niece K over for brunch tomorrow. I plan to make my famous Eggs Benny. And bacon. Of course. I might cave in and buy some bread products to go with... and then feel guilty about poisoning my guests, I suppose. Maybe the pancakes will make a reprise, if they turn out.

Ah, and on that note, I'm going to have to get more eggs! It started out as 2 dozen every other week. This past Monday, I got 3 doz, and those will be pretty much gone by the end of the weekend. Hopefully it's not too late to put an order in for this Monday.

Oh and I forgot to mention.. I haven't had any coffee in 48 hours! Lots of tea, so I'm still getting caffeine (enough to keep the headaches at bay) but I think it's a good thing. Not saying I'm not going to drink coffee again, I just hate that I am (was?) addicted to it. It's funny, I was rereading one of those lame facebook quizzes that I did like 6 years ago, and there was a question about coffee, and I said " I like a good cup of coffee, but it's not like I need to wake up in the morning or anything" Bahahaha!

Ugh, completely fell off the wagon this weekend. Not just fell, dove headfirst into the stinking puddle on the wayside. I don't want to talk about it. :P

Oh well, back to it today! I did not have time to grab breakfast, I just have an orange. We shall see how this goes. Also, it's niece K's birthday, so who knows what we'll have for supper. Sigh. Clearly, I am slowly and awkwardly hauling myself back on to the still-moving wagon. Someone want to give me a hand? lol

Ok, so I actually read through my last couple posts, and realized I can be more positive here.

My eggs benny turned out phenomenally. John dear and I had ours on mushrooms and brie. So freaking good.

The banana pancakes were also very delicious, we will definitely be making those again!

And I did get more eggs, another 3 dozen. I will have to think of something delicious to put a dent in them And my egg dealer remembered my name. Now I feel special.

And tomorrow, seester dearest and I are going Christmas tree shopping! And also I finished a painting for her that I have quite literally been working on for years. I'm excited to finally give it to her.

And, being fairly young and in quite good health, my weekend of poor choices will not having any terrible long term consequences, as long as I get my act together now, aka: second (or third, fourth, bazillionth) chances are a beautiful thing!

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    So not ready for Christmas shopping!

I'm glad you are feeling positive about the future! I need to remind myself that this isn't going to be an overnight thing...

Bahaha I loooooove Christmas, I'm driving John positively batty with it, I know. My seester and I are going to try making a lot of our gifts this year. My only idea so far it to make spice mixes, and give it to people along with some recipes to use them in.. and mah hubby has mad computer skillz, so I'm sure he could make some fun mini recipe books for me

I feel like I have been a little bi-polar with regards to this whole life-style change thing.. One day I am so elated with my success and with optimism for the future, and so thrilled with how easy it is... and then the next day I'm down in the dumps because I ate something I shouldn't have, and I'll never be able to stick with this, and I'm a humungous fat cow.
    This is why I added that second post. I realized I was totally throwing a pity party and being self-indulgent in a completely non-useful way, and that I still had a lot of good things going on. Plus, I KNOW the self-hate talk is neither helpful, nor true..

You are right. This isn't going to happen overnight. And it's not going to happen effortlessly. But I can get better and better a bit at a time. Celebrating success is a good thing. Letting it get to your head and letting your guard down, not a good thing. Wallowing in your failure, not a good thing. Letting your set-backs remind you of why you're doing this, good thing.

On an unrelated (or is it?) note, I think the scale and I need to take a little break. This scares the crap out of me, because I gained about 10lbs earlier this year when my scale was broken - I am not good at using the mirror as a judge of how I'm doing. But daily weigh-ins are not particularly useful or productive. I think maybe I can scale (no pun intended!) down to weekly, without causing panic. Plus I took some frightening honest pictures, and my measurements. God forbid anyone find those photos.. I'm not sure I'll ever have the guts to post them on here, even, but at least they will be a tangible indication of how far I will go! (Have come? I don't know how to word that, regarding fat I am DEFINITELY going to say goodbye to.)

Oh, and I found out we're having stew for supper - that was the birthday girl's request! Sounds like something I would ask for, I distinctly remember requesting pork chops and rice for my birthday dinner one year. Also, a good friend randomly reminded me of one birthday I had as a teenager, where I apparently asked for cherries and whipped cream, instead of cake. Hahaha who knew I had such good taste 10 years before going primal?! Anyways, I'm just glad we're not having pasta or pizza or something like that. Turning down the garlic bread will be that hardest thing. But I can do it, today anyways. And really, that's all we can ever do anything about, right? Today.

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Hey there,

I saw that you posted on my thread so I thought I would pop by and say hi. After reading your first post, I sat and read your entire journal over the last hour. It was great! I have really enjoyed seeing your journey, and can soooo relate with many things that you have and are going through. I look forward to following you, and your post from yesterday was exactly what I needed to read this morning. Thanks!

Hey, thanks for stopping by! It's always good to have more hanging around my crazy little corner of the internet Welcome!

So, I am clearly still recovering from reactivating my terrible food cravings this weekend.. There is so much leftover candy and pizza in my house... and I have been eating it. It's like my will power has completely vanished. I really don't know what to do, I HAVE to stop letting my weekends get out of control, they are completely undoing all the work I'm doing the rest of the time!

As of right now, we just have curling on Friday, and supper with my parents Sat or Sun.. I'm really hoping that nothing else comes up, as those are events I can handle (A couple tiny plastic cups of bad wine at curling are officially tradition, but they don't have much else tempting there, and my parents, well, my dad, at least, are pretty much primal, so eating with them shouldn't be bad. )

Chorizo tacos tonight! I will just make taco salad, but I promised my bro I would pick up taco shells.. That's ok though, I won't have an issue resisting those. Also, I picked up a rack of lamb. I have no idea how to cook it. Oh my.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, I am officially declaring myself off the carb-o-coaster. Yesterday was not great. I did manage not to have a taco shell... but that was about it for notable accomplishments. This is why I can't do this, it's never just one day or one meal.

It's ok though, I have a Big Ass Breakfast today. 4 eggs with chorizo, peppers and onions leftover from the tacos. And something with ground chicken tonight.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast