Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Spiralicious) page 10

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ermagerd, definitely went to Quiznos again... and since I'm not the biggest chicken fan, I asked for extra bacon instead of the chicken... THEY GAVE ME SO MUCH BACON! And for the same price! I'm in hog heaven here, people!

So, weekend. Better than last weekend! But still not great..
    Saturday was: eggs and bacon for breakfast, soup and salad for supper, and a couple small glasses of wine at the curling rink
    Sunday: I went shopping with seester, so mall food for lunch Greek salad and a lamb skewer from Opa. Then to the in-laws for supper, chili (with beans, but so good) and salad and I could not resist the damn garlic bread and cheesecake. And now I'm paying for it, lol.

So, as usual, back on track today! I brought some of the leftover chili and a couple hard boiled eggs. And today is egg day! Also, I am going to go buy an artificial Christmas tree after work today.. this is the first time in 5 years that we'll be spending Christmas (I mean, we generally visit, but it's not the same) with our friends and family, and I'm very excited.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Glad things are going ok for you! Coffee in bed together makes me jealous! No way would we be able to do that, we'd have kids taking up most of the bed space...

If you can figure out a way to swing it, do so! We have a coffee-maker in our room (totally indulgent, I know, but we were given a Keurig, and already have two coffeemakers in the kitchen) and try to remember to bring mugs in before bed. It's such a simple thing (well, when you don't have kids!) but that 10 minutes does so much for my mood for the rest of the day!

Sigh.. I just wish I could lose some weight for real. I feel good, I know I must be doing my body good... but no results. I took my measurements the other day, so at least I will be able to tell if I'm losing inches which should help, but right now I just feel like I'm failing.

So, I'm trying this whole leptin reset thing.. Key word being trying! I was good, and didn't eat 4 hours before bed yesterday, but now I'm trying to have my 50g protein breakfast, and it's killing me! I so rarely eat breakfast, and never this big! I have 3 scotch eggs with me, and I've managed 2 so far. I think I read somewhere that you can make up some of the 50g with fat if you can't eat that much protein. Hopefully it will do.

The last one is giving me the stink eye.

I'm also going to try just drinking tea today. Am I taking on too much at once? Probably. Only my caffeine headaches will tell!

Anyone have any good suggestions for leptin reset breakfasts?

Couldn't even think about touching that third scotch egg. I guess we'll see if it's enough. I had a small bowl of MIL's homemade chicken soup (made with turkey broth from Thanksgiving, so technically bone broth!) and just picked out the potatoes.

Why is it easier to stick with things because I'm calling it a leptin reset? Its not substantially different from what I was trying to do before, other than eating breakfast.

Failed on the coffee count though, I'm having my first cup of the day right now. (Two cups of tea this morning, both caffeinated) But I'm refusing to put cream in it, so I probably won't finish the whole cup.

I'm probably going to make more cauliflower soup tonight, using my own stock I will have to check if I'll actually be able to eat it though, I'm really really really trying to stay low carb.

You know, I read the post about leptin reset, and honestly, I feel like I need to get myself out of this gimmicky-diet-mind thing. I tell my friends Pliers every day that I'm not on a diet. I feel like I need to live like I'm not on a diet. I think if I keep trying stuff to 'reset' or whatever, I'll lose focus on what I'm actually trying to do, which is to be healthy. It's really just sticking with the basics that we already KNOW work.

I absolutely agree with you, it isn't a very healthy mentality. My issue is that I am not a very disciplined person, in pretty much all areas of my life. I'm trying to work on this, as it's not a useful trait, and often holds me back. I feel like I need a regimented plan right now. Hopefully I can find that happy medium... but oddly enough, I'm not feeling more stressed out because I'm being more strict; in a way it's easier to have fewer options. I don't think it's sustainable long term, but I'd like to get to the point that I can trust my body (and almost more so - my mind), and I'm just not there right now.

That was not meant as a reflection of you, just a sudden realization I had as I was about to post on your thread

It's ok, I wasn't taking offense or anything, what you said just hit a chord And like I said, I do agree... but I like what I'm doing right now, so it's fine.

I had steak for supper last night (no veg! I was just too lazy..)

More scotch eggs for breakfast.. I didn't bother bringing a third today. Brought some of my creamy cauli soup for lunch, lots of dairy in there, oh well!

Oh, and I'm totally going to be a peddler of HFCS etc etc... I almost feel bad. But not quite. It's Halloween, kids are going to eat candy anyhow - and we are going to be that house: giving out the full-sized chocolate bars! lol I just couldn't resist... we've lived in apartments for the last 5 years and never got trick or treaters. Now we're in a town house, and there's a TON of kids that live nearby. THEY ARE GOING TO BE SO CUTE!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast