Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you more sensitive to certain things now? page 2

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    I'm more sensitive to stupidity.
    All kidding aside, this. I am just so sick of people's self induced suffering due to their bad choices regardless of the back story.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member
    I've never been particularly allergic - no hay fever, asthma, food allergies etc - but I did have a nasty experience with perfume a few years back. Back then I really got into perfumes and used to hang out on a forum callled Basenotes where people would discuss perfumes old and new and swap samples. Never had a problem with any of them until a lady who was an artisan perfumer offered up some samples to try. I usually apply by spraying down the inside of each forearm and down my chest, and I spritzed liberally. First day was no problem but I tried a different sample each day for several days and suddenly I got the mother of all rashes. I had to get some prescription strength steroid cream from the doctor in order to shift it. It was extremely itchy and uncomfortable. I don't know what she used - she claims it was all natural - but I was definitely allergic to one of the ingredients in her perfumes.

The only other thing that really bothers me is chlorine. I had a foot operation over summer and couldn't do much in the way of walking so decided to swim instead. I've had the sneezes after swimming before but it steadily got worse after each swim until last Sunday when I couldn't breathe through my nose for a whole night. I remember swimming around 15 years ago with no problems so it may just be the amount of chlorine they use at the local pool due to it being public and used by kids.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    All kidding aside, this. I am just so sick of people's self induced suffering due to their bad choices regardless of the back story.

Yal see I am thinking I was just making my own allergies worse, when I use to work with the fragrance oils, because I just didnt know. And now that the other allergies have cleared up and I havent been around FO for quite some time, this is really noticeable. And I was trying to decide what I wanted to do when I grew up, and I thought this might be the path, but now I am seeing that it might not even be an option now. So I guess that is a good thing, helping me to narrow down my choices

All very interesting posts. Thank you!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member

+1

It's frustrating when ppl aren't willing to make the changes that alleviate the suffering. "I KNOW it's bad for me, but it TASTES so good!"

forward,
    pbj
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

pierro6 is offline Junior Member
    ate two pieces of cake (BIG pieces mind you) on my 40th bday - fell into a coma on the couch for an hour and a half, woke up feeling horrific - been primal and sugarfree for over 6 months prior to that, definitely more insulin sensitive.........

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I did intend it as a bit of a joke. I've been an allergic person for years. Various animals, dust mite poo, hay, other plants, ragweed, perfumes, and the list goes on. More sensitive? Hell, I hope not!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12