Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar Destroyer - has anyone tried this? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Sugar Destroyer - has anyone tried this?

Shop Now
    IN the ongoing attempt to combat sugar cravings, I came across this:

Sugar Destroyer is a formula that has been used for thousands of years to support healthy blood sugar. Gymnema sylvestre, which is in the Sugar Destroyer formula, dulls the ability of the taste buds to recognize the sweet taste, which may naturally decrease the desire for sweets.* It also dulls the intestinal tract from absorbing simple sugars, which may encourage the body to use fat instead of sugar as a fuel supply.* Sugar Destroyer also supports pancreatic health.*

Available in several formats, including capsules! Sugar Destroyer Capsules

And tea! Sugar Destroyer Tea

Obviously I'm skeptical (but I'm also desperate ). Does anyone know if this works?

YB

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Sugar Destroyer is a formula that has been used for thousands of years to support healthy blood sugar. Gymnema sylvestre, which is in the Sugar Destroyer formula, dulls the ability of the taste buds to recognize the sweet taste, which may naturally decrease the desire for sweets.* It also dulls the intestinal tract from absorbing simple sugars, which may encourage the body to use fat instead of sugar as a fuel supply.* Sugar Destroyer also supports pancreatic health.*

And tea! Sugar Destroyer Tea

Obviously I'm skeptical (but I'm also desperate ). Does anyone know if this works?

YB
    Gymnema works very well. It is a standard in all natural diabetes formulas. Gymnema contains gymnemic acid, which blocks sugar receptors on the tongue and in the intestines for about 2 hours. It does not block the absorption of glucose from the intestines 100%, but will block an average of around 70-80%. Gymnema has also been shown to increase insulin sensitivity and help stimulate regeneration of pancreatic islet cells.

When coming in to contact the tongue the blocking of the sugar receptors also prevents you from tasting any sweet in foods for several hours.

Thanks for the info James. Do you know how a substance like this would affect someone with hypoglycemia?

Thanks for the info James. Do you know how a substance like this would affect someone with hypoglycemia?
    It does not actually drop blood sugar like some herbs used for diabetes. So it would not be an issue in that way.

If you want to address the hypoglycemia you need to first determine what form of hypoglycemia you have so you know how to best address it:

Types of hypoglycemia

statikcat is offline Senior Member

That guy's face has that "I want to make money selling you things you don't need" kind of look.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    It does not actually drop blood sugar like some herbs used for diabetes. So it would not be an issue in that way.

If you want to address the hypoglycemia you need to first determine what form of hypoglycemia you have so you know how to best address it:

Types of hypoglycemia
    Thanks so much for that link James. I'm pretty sure I am chronic (have also been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue). Is there anything you could recommend supplement-wise for hypoglycemia?

Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    That guy's face has that "I want to make money selling you things you don't need" kind of look.
    Hah. Totally!

Paleobird Guest
    Or, instead of a potion to make you not taste the sugar, you could try just not eating sugar. Just sayin'............

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    As a sister in sugar addiction, I gotta agree with Paleobird. Bandaid, or solution? At some point, your cravings will return, so you are just putting them off (or attempting to.) The only solution is to stop eating sugar for a time, and then discover what your threshold is for not triggering them. It's tough -- not gonna lie. But it's the only way to break the cycle.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Probably stupid question, but if you are craving sugar and you use this product, how does it stop the craving? If you can't taste the sweet, and your body doesn't absorb the sweet, then the craving isn't satisfied, right? So how does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    You don't have to buy from this guy though. Gymnema is a very common herb. Any health food store will carry it, usually in capsules or can order the herb in bulk if they do not already have it. I have also seen it in the tea tea section over at China Town.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast