Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sugar Destroyer - has anyone tried this? page 4

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    This thread really interested me. I have been trying to get my mom to eat low carb. My mom is a recovering alcoholic that has replaced alcohol with sweets. There are Hershey kisses all over the house (and my kids know where they are). I was hopeful that Gymenia might be something for her to try until I read TorMag's post. I may still pick some up for her to see if she has any success. In her case, the sugar is definitely addictive and she has the addictive personality that makes it tough to quit.
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    I have been taking Gymenia (sp) as part of my blood sugar fix for the last 16 days, and it has done nothing to stop sweet cravings or made my tongue not taste sweets. Bunch of bull hickey if you ask me. It has helped with my blood sugar readings.
    How did you take it? Most often gymnema comes in capsule form. Taking it in capsule form does not allow the gymnemic acid to lock up the sweet receptors of the tongue.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    How did you take it? Most often gymnema comes in capsule form. Taking it in capsule form does not allow the gymnemic acid to lock up the sweet receptors of the tongue.
    I have been taking it in capsule form. Herb pressed into a capsule shape to swallow. I guess chewing on some nasty herb might make you not want to eat sugar.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234