What to do with all those zucchinis and crooked neck squash? We have all seen the 99 recipes for zucchini cookbooks and the middle school fundraiser 49 great things to do with zucchini. I wanted to create something new, unique and primal. Check it out and let me know how it comes out for you.

This will make 2 - 3 good sized "cakes" that 2 people can make a light brunch or lunch out of. Works as an appetizer too if cooked as smaller cakes.

1. Grate zucchini and add 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Put it in a strainer and let the water drain out about 45 minutes. You are just trying to get some of the excess liquid out of the zucchini. What you don't use for this recipe can be refrigerated in a air tight container for about 5 - 7 days.
2. Cook a couple pieces of bacon chopped into about 3/4" squares in your skillet.
3. Add a chopped shallot or 1/4 of an onion into the grease once the bacon is about 3/4 cooked.
4. While the bacon and onion are cooking, mix 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of coconut flour with a pinch of baking soda and baking powder. Add 3 tablespoons of milk and maybe more 1 tablespoon at a time to get the mixture like thick cream or pancake batter.
5. Once shallots or onion are starting to brown add a 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder. Cook for about 30 seconds in the grease. If your mixture is starting to burn and you need more grease add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
6. Add the grated zucchini and cook about 5 minutes.
7. Now add the cooked bacon, onion and zucchini to your batter.
8. Add some coconut oil to the pan and put the egg/zucchini/rest of the stuff mixture in about 1 cup per "cake".
9. Cook 2.5 minutes per side.
10. Serve with a sweet chile ginger sauce like the Vietnamese chili sauces. I love the the GINGER PEOPLE sweet ginger sauce with a little lime juice and chopped cilantro mixed in. I know the ginger sauce might have some evil ingredients but they are miniscule and I don't care. Think crab cakes without the crab and that might help you with other condiment ideas.