Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Revenge page

The Ultimate Revenge

Shop Now
    Does it make me crazy if I have revenge on a dress?

Last May my mom and sister and I went shopping and I saw a dress at JCPenney's that I fell in love with. It was so pretty on the dummy! I tried it on (size 14 or 16 I think) and... definitely not the same. It made me cry because I felt so unattractive and fat and unhappy with my body. I had already decided to start PB in June but that was a real kick in the rear!

Today I went to JCP and on the clearance rack, I saw exactly one of that same dress. The only size they had was 6, which is not what I'm wearing right now (more like 10-12), but I decided to try it on just to prove to that stupid dress that I can look good in it, dangit. It was a personal vendetta at this point. Well I tried it on and not only did it look much better but I actually decided to purchase it for my honeymoon in FL in February! I am so thrilled that a dress that formerly made me cry because it looked so horrible is now just as pretty and romantic as I wanted it to be. Even better? It was $45 and I got it for $8

IMAG1100-1.jpg

Somehow this success was more meaningful to me than the 20 lbs I've lost.
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Paleobird Guest
    AND you got it on sale. Take that, pretty dress!

I had a pair of black leather pants that I bought on line back when I was a size 12 or so. They sent the wrong size, an 8, so you can imagine how ridiculous I felt trying to tug those onto my butt. I meant to send them back but never got around to it. So they sat there in my closet silently mocking me for ages. Then one day they fit. Now they are too big since I bypassed them on my way to size 6 where I have settled in. Now those pants sit alone and unloved in my closet. They once mocked me, but now I have the last laugh.

So, in answer to your question, no, you're not crazy. I totally get it.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    YESSSS... I love stories and moments like this. Take that dress! Yeah!
    And for $8... that is a cherry on top right there- "I'll look good in you AND do it for less! Ha!"
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, women are so weird
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    pretend she's an ancient warrior and that dress is a bear that previously left a big manly scar on her face when she wasn't able to defeat it

now pretend that she, the big manly warrior with the big manly scar, returned to the beast's lair and slew it most righteously

converted to manspeak, this should make sense now
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

You must have had your share of MMO's

Very pretty, pearl.
    Let your hair go wild! Grok it.

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    I can totally relate to your story and I'm a Guy!

In April at the age of 48 had let my fitness slip somewhat and weighed 203 lbs now I weigh 170 diet and hard exercise the answer

I have 'good shape' jean's and chinos I bought in my early 20s that have a 32 inch waist that I call my test pants to see if I'm in good shape

Now those very same jeans and chinos are hanging off me I am about a 30.5 waist right now! I am trimmer than I was in my 20s my trim jeans are.now my fat jeans!

Revenge on clothes OH YEAH!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    So pretty and is it my imagination or is that belt looking like it might be a bit big......

Enjoy!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    You look great Congrats on your successes so far!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast