Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cow share in LA? ~$2/lb!!!! page

Dizzy is offline Junior Member

Cow share in LA? ~$2/lb!!!!

Hey,

So I found this guy on craigslist and it sounds pretty good. I might try it.
    ***************** Beef .... LAMB .... Beef .... BEEF .... Lamb *******

I was thinking of splitting the 1/2 cow between a few people; I'm a single lady without a freezer! (have access to friends/school but not my own yet). PM me if you're interested, or if you know anything about this guy? His name is Tarek Ayoub, he does it Halal to boot, though no other info I can find on the farm. Grass fed although I'm not sure if he's certified organic (mentions organic in ads/email but am working on getting this straight). $699 for 1/2 a cow (around 325lbs), they include organs, bones, trimmings, etc. Probably going to do this next weekend if I can scare up enough people on this.

He has lamb and goat too.

Thanks and mods please remove if this is not appropriate to post! I just thought it's potentially such an amazing deal.

Dizzy is offline Junior Member
    Wow, I guess he read my mind. Farm is called "Eden Tropics".
    http://edentropics.com/

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Wow, I guess he read my mind. Farm is called "Eden Tropics".
    http://edentropics.com/
    Wow. He's in Temecula. That's almost San Diego. I am a member of a CSA here already so I have a pretty packed freezer for the next few months but this is way cheaper (mine is about $8/lb). I would definitely be up for going in splits on one of these in the future however.

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    If that is $2/lb cut and wrapped, you need to go buy a freezer now. That isa smoking hot deal. I pay about $4/lb for cut and wrapped grass fed beef from a family friend and its a great deal. $2/lb would be a no brainer.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Paleobird Guest
    I just did some poking around their site and , yes it is all packaged in cuts. Not only that, they have lamb and goat too.
    My CSA is charging me $375 for a whole lamb (which I have on order and too late to back out, dangit!). This guy in Temecula only wants $225 for a lamb!

October is the last month of my CSA subscription. As soon as it runs out I'm switching to this one. I'm willing to drive to Temecula. It's about an hour north of central San Diego where I live.

Thanks to the OP for finding this!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

We're in San Clemente, with occasional forays into San Diego County. We have a big freezer. Color me curious.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Hmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

We're in San Clemente, with occasional forays into San Diego County. We have a big freezer. Color me curious.
    Oooh. Wanna split a cow?

KimT is offline Senior Member
    We're in Oceanside, but no extra freezer space, just a side-by-side, which I hate, but we rent, and no room to put one in the tiny garage we have! BOO!!! I'm still thinking of how to work it out though.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimT View Post
    We're in Oceanside, but no extra freezer space, just a side-by-side, which I hate, but we rent, and no room to put one in the tiny garage we have! BOO!!! I'm still thinking of how to work it out though.
    We were renting, too, when we bought ours. We put it in the living room.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    I had a nice chest freezer back home, it was only 2 years old, had almost a full cow in it (we sold it off before we moved), but didn't bring the freezer since we didn't think we'd have the space for it. Now I wish we had it. We could maybe put a small freezer in the spare bedroom. HMMMM.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast