Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Darn YOU! page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Darn YOU!

Shop Now
    I have been severely conditioned, since infancy, to revere pizza as a golden shrine; a soft, sweet reward. The very sight of it gives me a patriotic thud in my chest, my heart skips a beat in anticipation. Not only was it offered to me almost daily throughout my youth at churches, day care, youth events and picnics, etc., but everything in the universe told me to eat it, a lot, and then eat some more. This is one tough umbilicus to slice.

I have a weakness that is a strength. I am EASILY reprogrammed. I can change my thinking, and let others do so, on a dime. I know how infinitesimal I really am in this world, and that at any given time much of what I know is wrong. I've learned that over and over. So it's not a big leap to let my reality be rewritten if I am convinced it's for the better. I know, with proper treatment, I can learn to view pizza as evil. I've already condemned soda, snickers, and more. Yet the very same artifices which comprise those assembled into a large, round, oil pie still symbolize ME. I am the pizza generation, left to die in a food desert, kept from the food that would free my mind. The shackles are OFF but I stay near the ball because I know it and love it. It is a toy, dangerous and poisonous; a fire to dance in carelessly - awakening to scars in the morning.

ALFY'S - Voted Best Pizza and Salad Bar

Alfy's pizza is endorsed by Providence General Medical Center, my employer. How SICK, SICK, SICK is this system?

Ingredients:
    I cannot find them online. Must be a dirty secret.

Anyway, I will begin to voluntarily feel disgust when I see pizza. The same I feel for donuts and macaroni and cheese. I have to break the emotional tie, recognize it as the anti-food that it is, no matter what idolatrous shape it's mashed into. Starting now.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I *was* Leonardo when I was 5.

With that said, we still occasionally do TMNT movie marathons where we watch all the movies... and eat pizza.

We also do Pirates of the Caribbean marathons where we drink rum.

Some things are just sacred. LOL

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Just popped in to say Cowabunga dude!

That said, pizza is my one leave over. I don't get violent gut bomb issues that make me ill like some people so its even a bit more insidious.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-08-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Knifegill I really appreciate your passionate and perceptive incites; you have incredible inner strength; I know you will succeed!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I was Michaelangelo.

Oh, no. This just turned into a "which turtle were you?" thread instead of a "DEATH TO PIZZA!!!1!!" thread. *kicks a rock*

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    He he. Great thread. Have to agree. Pizza makes me feel nauseous now just looking at it. Last one eaten was in Rimini 2 years ago. Was much easier than giving up cigarettes.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    PS - my bunny is called Donatello, positively not named after the teenage mutant ninja turtle, rather the Florentine sculptor.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Ah, pizza and macaroni and cheese. Staples of my childhood. I grew up on TMNT too, but I don't think I ever related myself to one; I was (am?) He-Man.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I had/ have a Leonardo action figure (No, my parents didn't get me one as a Christmas tree ornament a few years ago <.< >.>)
    Pizza is a demon that's hard to slay. I grew up in a home where a good payday meant a trip to Little Caesar's and Blockbuster. I thankfully have to be picky about where I eat said pizza (Pizza the Hut and several large well known chains use the evil cottonseed oil), which makes it more difficult, but Little Caesar's or a homemade 3" thick pizza are comfort food in the worst way for me. I've tried meatza and caulizza, and upside down pizza (pepperoni crust), but it's just not the same.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast