Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Great, now my friends think I have anorexia... page 9

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    He hiked well but had that worn out dried up look of old guys who use modern meds to control markers of poor health instead of eating well.
    Could you elaborate on this? Like, are there any pictures or famous people I can look up who have that look?

I've noticed that people who look healthier gain and lose weight in their faces proportionally to the rest of them. That is, the chin fat goes at the same rate as the belly fat. But recently I've noticed ~55-year-old- guys who have a paunch but not much chin fat. Is that from surgery, drugs, genetics?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Thrakk is offline Junior Member
    Everyone is an expert in nutrition. Especially overweight, unfit people. I've been losing weight pretty fast with my paleo lifestyle, but I'm trying to make sure I'm not a nutrition know-it-all, not until I have the chiselled abs of a Greek demi-god anyway.

Several people have commented that they feel like the wider community is on a tipping point and healthier lifestyles are soon to go mainstream. I feel the same way, though I can't say at this point whether it is just wishful thinking or not.

I'm often torn between discussing primal nutrition with people, or simply keeping it to myself and not having to bother rolling my eyes at the 'you have to eat 3 meals a day' attitude that gets thrown around. Even though these conversations are incredibly painful, is it still worthwhile to say it openly? To each do our own part to nudge the paradigm shift?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789